Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are West Ham going down??

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Looking at the view from the photos in that Sky Sports link I can't see the changing of the shape of the seat helping. The problem isn't just the distance from the pitch, it's the crazy shallow rake on the seating that is the biggest problem and adding more seating behind the goal will just make that worse if anything. Even 20 or 30 rows back it appears you're so little elevated above the playing surface that the game must be virtually unwatchable when the action isn't on the very nearest part of the pitch.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Missed It said:
    Great. Are we all paying for that too?
    Indeed. Good question

Thanks again for the heads'up @cafc999.

This article indicates that it is not yet agreed, so there is time to get to the bottom of who's paying. I don't see any reason why the taxpayer should, but they've successfully palmed everything else off on us. 

As far as the political landscape on this goes, the new CEO of E20 is easily the best it has had. Also on the London Assembly, the Boris fanboy and Stadium "legacy" protector Gareth Bacon, will presumably have to stand down now that he has been elected MP for Orpington. (heaven help Orpington). But if the Tories regain the Mayorship, I would worry that there will be new pressure to flog the Stadium off to the Dildo Bros.

Either way, I don't think it will help the "atmosphere" much. (as @randy andy explains above) It's fundamentally not a football stadium. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I see that the seating is going to be reconfigured for next season. Would be interesting to see what @PragueAddick mates think of this
    remember old Wembley ? .. the terraces/seats behind the goals were a long way back
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    I see that the seating is going to be reconfigured for next season. Would be interesting to see what @PragueAddick mates think of this
    I believe that at the moment it is virtually impossible in the current configuration to get a good conga going or at least a rousing rendition of nees up muvver bran. Thankfully there has not been too much to celebrate on the pitch this season.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    remember old Wembley ? .. the terraces/seats behind the goals were a long way back
    Stamford Bridge was the same
  • Options
    Travelled back to Hampshire on Saturday with a family of hammers, they are adamant with their fixtures, their going down. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Nothing compares with the away end at the old Brighton athletic track. 😩
    I thought the Odsal Stadium was worse than that away end at Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    Travelled back to Hampshire on Saturday with a family of hammers, they are adamant with their fixtures, their going down. 
    I'm guessing that the biggest problem , other than a daunting fixture list, is that the morale of the players is at zero, and Moyes, who should never have got the job in the first place has no idea how to buck them up ..  it is looking dire for the ammers
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    cafc999 said:
    Nothing compares with the away end at the old Brighton athletic track. 😩
    I thought the Odsal Stadium was worse than that away end at Stamford Bridge.
    there certainly have beem some dire old shacks where we were confined to watch football
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You would say that home games against Villa and Watford in May will be massive, but it could be too late by then.

• Options

cafc999 said:
    Stamford Bridge was the same
    Bristol Rovers old ground Eastville was as well.  I think it was a speedway track as well. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing that the biggest problem , other than a daunting fixture list, is that the morale of the players is at zero, and Moyes, who should never have got the job in the first place has no idea how to buck them up ..  it is looking dire for the ammers
    Good point... When I asked the same question about Moyes.....they just shook their heads and said no... But then they said they wanted Bowyer... 
  • Options
    Re the seats... A few years ago I did a tour of the Allianz arena in munich... Its a must do for anyone visiting... The guide told me they increased the capacity of the stadium by about 6 or 8 k by moving each seat together by about 9 inches... You had a ton of room anyway, that including not being disturbed in your seat by someone wanting a pee.... 
  • Options
    Good point... When I asked the same question about Moyes.....they just shook their heads and said no... But then they said they wanted Bowyer... 
    well .. they can't 'ave 'im
  • Options
    Re the seats... A few years ago I did a tour of the Allianz arena in munich... Its a must do for anyone visiting... The guide told me they increased the capacity of the stadium by about 6 or 8 k by moving each seat together by about 9 inches... You had a ton of room anyway, that including not being disturbed in your seat by someone wanting a pee.... 
    one of the very best of the modern stadia as regards seating is Stadium MK
  • Options
    Agreed mate... Soft seats, excellent toilet facilities, access good both in and out... But OTT on parking £7 when I went to the cup game few years back. 
  • Options
    Agreed mate... Soft seats, excellent toilet facilities, access good both in and out... But OTT on parking £7 when I went to the cup game few years back. 
    You obviously haven't used a hospital car park recently.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Luckily no apart from drop off and pick up, but I have a bus that drops me outside... But at Basingstoke it's about £4 for 2 hours here. 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I may need to explain further the match day car parking on any day other than match day was free for 2/3 hours, on match day it changes an hour or two before kick off to stop people parking elsewhere around the complex. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They'd lose if they played their own reserves ....

• Options
    Brighton & Hove Council- The Lanes parking charges.

1 hour 2.00 
    2 hours 6.00 
    4 hours 14.00 
    9 hours 20.00 
    24 hours 32.00 
    Lost ticket 23.00 
    Weekend  - 1 hour 4.00 
    Weekend - 2 hours 8.00 
    4 hours 15.00 
    9 hours 20.00 
    Weekend - 24 hours
    Lost Ticket 25.00 
    Evenings 18.00 - 24.00 4.50 
    Night 24.00 – 11.00 5.00 
    Annual season ticket 2,500.00  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Ffs... Please tell my Mrs those charges... Cos she always wants me to drive to Brighton rather than go by train. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Spent 214m on players in 4 seasons and they're in the relegation zone! You've got to laugh!
    When you look through their purchases in recent years there aren't many that you can say have been a roaring success.
    I wonder if Jarrod Bowen might prove to be another poor buy (I haven't really seen enough of him to be sure either way. Hasn't overly impressed me on the few occasions that I have seen him). 
  • Options
    I wonder how many West Ham 'fans' are taking advantage of our Football for a Fiver game?