Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are West Ham going down??

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    If they get relegated, they'll keep Cullen.

If they stay up there's a decent chance we'll be able to buy him.

I dont think its a given, Oggy. Lets say we finish strongly. Lets say ESI clearly show their rebuilding plans for the close season. Meanwhile they are down, the atmosphere is toxic. Will they even stick with Moyes? If we make him a good offer, what would he go for? People say, well he’s a Hammers fan. I dont think the pros think like that. But there is one more very important person in this question, whom nobody is considering, because they are always in the shadows.....

His agent.

Move = payday. Stay = zilch....

Good point. Unfortunately, that’s why our chances of keeping Taylor are slim. His agent wants a pay day 
  • Options
    ^^^^^ great post .. the ammers are looking very vulnerable .. it's not a particularly talented playing squad, and even worse, one that seems to lack fight and desire. Recalling Moyes was a mistake of epic proportions, there again, what top calibre manager would fancy the job
  • Options
    @se9addick you are correct. Rent halves.

@Todds_right_hook correct too. Although poss, difference between Taylor and Cullen is that Taylor is out of contract. Agent would gladly "negotiate" a new one for us, if we reward him for his hard work :-(

Good of course, that Southall knows all about all this shit.

@Sage isn't there something about the Bowen deal if they go down? In the case of Soucek, it's clear, back to Prague he goes...
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Looks to me the next seven fixtures will decide their fate. If they fail to over succeed in those matches then the final six which look easier on paper might not be enough. 
  • Options
    Man City got their stadium on the cheap as part of the commonwealth games, just saying...
  • Options
    @se9addick you are correct. Rent halves.

@Todds_right_hook correct too. Although poss, difference between Taylor and Cullen is that Taylor is out of contract. Agent would gladly "negotiate" a new one for us, if we reward him for his hard work :-(

Good of course, that Southall knows all about all this shit.

@Sage isn't there something about the Bowen deal if they go down? In the case of Soucek, it's clear, back to Prague he goes...
    There may well be, no idea what his contract included, just assumed he’d have a reduced wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt rate Moyes when he was last there. He proper lucked out.

West Ham are normally pretty shit apart from one player who always digs them out.

They don't have a Payet or an Arnautorvic this time round.
    That's why they just spent £20m+ on Jarrad Bowen. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Thought I would have a look at how much Man City paid (looks like 30m of the 110m costs) and one of the top links was this from some nosey character called Richard Hunt.... 

I must admit I don't recognise that headline figure you've quoted there for the rebuild costs. 

As I recall, the key thing was that it was always planned that after the games, the stadium would be for footbal use and was designed as such. It;s not West Ham's fault that this wasn't pre agreed for the Olympic Stadium. However as i recall, the conversion costs of the CoM stadium to football were just £40m, and Man City paid half of that. Whereas West Ham only paid £15m towards conversion costs which eventually reached £330m, not least because West Ham were writing the spec, and  Boris Johnson just said yeah, sure whatever, get it don,e need my legacy, etc.

Less well known but it deserves to be, is that Sheikh Mansour contributed £900m to a regeneration fund for the surrounding area.
    Sorry, I  misread wiki. It said stadium cost 110m and 77m was from Sport England and rest paid by Manchester City Council. 

Didn’t see the word council at the end  just though said Manchester City !  
  • Options
    game of two halfs not many points gained from next 7  games ,but would expect West Ham to pull it around in the last 6 games. West Ham will stay up.
  • Options
    Very sadly I think they will get a flukey result or two in the next few games and will still be well in touch going into the run in against the likes of Villa and Norwich.

It would be quite fitting though if the Man U game sent them down this time, as it should have done 2007 but for the form of Tevez in the run in. 
  • Options
    Interesting tweet this, the comments are enlightening.

They're broken

https://twitter.com/vinnywhufc/status/1223662519862153218?s=21
  • Options
    DildoDome :D:o:D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Assuming Norwich will be bottom, it's wide open for the other 2 relegation spots and things can quickly turnaround as shown by Bournemouth who couldn't buy a win, and who've just won 2 on the spin

The race for relegation will be the most exciting part of the Premier League season
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    DildoDome :D:o:D
    How do you know my private name for my man parts?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

They're broken

That is quite a read. Have never seen such a consisent torrent of pessimism and fatalism from us even in the darkest Duchatelet times. But that was because we had, and have, a Resistance. That's their problem. No fan leadership, no organisation.

Mind you, had Twitter existed in Autumn 1985, it would have been interesting to read what we would have tweeted. Well I'd have been banned within a week, for starters :-)
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Thought I would have a look at how much Man City paid (looks like 30m of the 110m costs) and one of the top links was this from some nosey character called Richard Hunt.... 

Less well known but it deserves to be, is that Sheikh Mansour contributed £900m to a regeneration fund for the surrounding area.
    Sullivan had his Private Shop in Stratford double glazed.
    Had enough of the back doors getting done.
  • Options
    Assuming Norwich will be bottom, it's wide open for the other 2 relegation spots and things can quickly turnaround as shown by Bournemouth who couldn't buy a win, and who've just won 2 on the spin

The race for relegation will be the most exciting part of the Premier League season
    The mickys have won the season already so it's all eyes to the bottom of the table.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Oggy Red said:
    If they get relegated, they'll keep Cullen.

If they stay up there's a decent chance we'll be able to buy him.

I dont think its a given, Oggy. Lets say we finish strongly. Lets say ESI clearly show their rebuilding plans for the close season. Meanwhile they are down, the atmosphere is toxic. Will they even stick with Moyes? If we make him a good offer, what would he go for? People say, well he’s a Hammers fan. I dont think the pros think like that. But there is one more very important person in this question, whom nobody is considering, because they are always in the shadows.....

His agent.

Move = payday. Stay = zilch....

Good point. Unfortunately, that’s why our chances of keeping Taylor are slim. His agent wants a pay day 
    Have you ever heard Lyle Taylor speak, or read any of his social media output?

If you have then the thought that he will do something just so his agent will get paid is ridiculous. Lyle Taylor does what Lyle Taylor wants to do. 

If he goes it's because he wants to go.
    If he isn’t going to listen to his agent, why have one.  I’m pretty sure that if Taylor’s agent says don’t sign what charlton offer, I can get you over £20k elsewhere, he will chance his arm and listen to his agent.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

They're broken

Wow ! Hope there's a reminder of the Samaritans' number in the matchday progs ! 

Lady B keeping her well coiffed head down these days ? 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    travelled home with a very unhappy hammers fan. He doesn't like the owners especially Brady with her column in the Sun, thinks the employment of Moyes is wrong as he was sacked as he wasn't good enough, misses Bilic, and thinks  they should have stayed at Upton Park and purchased the bus station behind and expanded the stadium, hates the current stadium but doesn't think that they will be relegated - but few of us fans think that of our team 
  • Options
    The bottom half of the Prem is a lottery. They’re all as good or bad as each other (except Norwich). West Ham have some better individuals than the other sides, but the other sides tend to be better than the sum of their parts when WHU are the opposite. Then and Palace going down... oh boy that would be something.