Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are West Ham going down??

Comments

• Options
    thought our Joe had a poor night
  • Options
    Liverpool miss Henderson. I think he may still be out for the Champions League.
    One by one Southgate's England side are getting injured...
    England have 2 friendlies the week before City v Liverpool.

If Liverpool stay unbeaten until then they can equal Arsenal's 49 game run in that game, and it's also the toughest game in their bid to go the season unbeaten.

Wonder how many of players will be mysteriously injured for the friendlies yet fit again the following weekend.
  • Options
    People keep saying it but I don't think it is a given that if they are relegated, they will keep Cullen. It is not inevitable for example that they would pay him more than we would next season. They will be in deep shit, they have already mortgaged their future TV money to pay transfer fees. The salary bill will have to be massively cut. Then of course Cullen's agent would much prefer him to move than to stay there...
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    People keep saying it but I don't think it is a given that if they are relegated, they will keep Cullen. It is not inevitable for example that they would pay him more than we would next season. They will be in deep shit, they have already mortgaged their future TV money to pay transfer fees. The salary bill will have to be massively cut. Then of course Cullen's agent would much prefer him to move than to stay there...
    They wont have to sell him, he already has a years extension signed so he is there player still for next season

They can offload better players to recoup money like Haller, Rice, Yarmolenko and keep a player like Cullen who they know has good Championship experience and probably isnt on that much wage wise
  • Options
    I agree, in fact we may have more chance of getting him if they go down as they will want the transfer fee.  
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    I agree, in fact we may have more chance of getting him if they go down as they will want the transfer fee.  
    Or will they sell Rice for however much they can get for him and want to use Cullen as an experienced Championship Centre Midfielder.
  • Options
    They wont have to sell him, he already has a years extension signed so he is there player still for next season

They can offload better players to recoup money like Haller, Rice, Yarmolenko and keep a player like Cullen who they know has good Championship experience and probably isnt on that much wage wise
    No guarantee they can shift on players. We've seen before relegated teams struggle to shift high earners simply because other clubs don't want to pay the silly wages those players were on. Not many West Ham players that other PL teams would want, would teams in other countries break their wage structures to sign some of them? Doubtful. 

Personally I do think if they went down they'd keep and play Cullen but I don't think any scenario is clear cut.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

No guarantee they can shift on players. We've seen before relegated teams struggle to shift high earners simply because other clubs don't want to pay the silly wages those players were on. Not many West Ham players that other PL teams would want, would teams in other countries break their wage structures to sign some of them? Doubtful. 

Personally I do think if they went down they'd keep and play Cullen but I don't think any scenario is clear cut.
    The 3 I mentioned I think would clearly go.

Haller would go back to Germany or Holland somewhere he knows he has scored regularly before.

Rice would go to United or Chelsea

No way Yarmolenko plays in the Championship and he will go anywhere lol, Russia, China, Belgium anywhere that gives him a decent offer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    Or will they sell Rice for however much they can get for him and want to use Cullen as an experienced Championship Centre Midfielder.
    Who knows ... but it is not definite that they will keep Cullen.

Everything is supposition ... I doubt even they have thought about it yet 
  • Options
    Agree with Paulie here, there's plenty of players they can shift. The ones already mentioned plus Fornals who was playing regularly for Villarreal, Lanzini may go as well. Felipe Anderson certainly isn't going to play in the Championship.

Why would they not keep Cullen, a player they know will be happy to play at that level? Same for Hugill and Diangana who are both on loan in the championship now.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

I disagree.

They have probably made plans for both staying in the prem and getting relegated, most clubs in their position generally do at this stage
  • Options
    "Josh, do you want to help a team that will finish in a worse position for the third consecutive season, or play for a team that's finished higher for four consecutive seasons?" 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    West Ham going down v Cullen staying?.
    No question,Bye Bye West Ham.
    There will be other players out there as good as Cullen for same price.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    "Josh, do you want to help a team that will finish in a worse position for the third consecutive season, or play for a team that's finished higher for four consecutive seasons?" 

I'm not sure what your point is here, they have still finished higher than us, and if they got relegated, they would probably be favourites to come straight back up
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    stonemuse said:

I disagree.

They have probably made plans for both staying in the prem and getting relegated, most clubs in their position generally do at this stage
    West Ham are supported by the tax payer and will rely on us even more when they go down. 

Whilst they will have made some contingency plans, I very much doubt it goes down to individual player level as yet. 
  • Options
    Nah, the Claret N Blue chumps deserve to slum it for a while.

I try to have a connection, as I have long lost family out Okenden way who support the Irons, but the Olympic Stadium situation, the KY jelly salesmen and Lady Dildo swing it for me.  Anyone who employs David Moyes deserves all they get!
  • Options
    I have an unashamed soft spot for West Ham fans (if not the club). They look bang in trouble and their older fans believe the are going down. Huge protest planned this weekend against Gold, Sullivan and Brady. "Bubbles" lays it out here...

http://hammersunited.com/a-message-from-bubbles-2/
  • Options
    Fuck em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have an unashamed soft spot for West Ham fans (if not the club). They look bang in trouble and their older fans believe the are going down. Huge protest planned this weekend against Gold, Sullivan and Brady. "Bubbles" lays it out here...

What a load of sanctimonious shite. 
  • Options

What a crock of shit.
  • Options
    Hopefully the tax payers will will get their stadium back when, “the never in the history of football protest”, get GSB out.
    Maybe they could help Orient out by paying rent there.
    They can’t fall far enough for me. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I'm not sure what your point is here, they have still finished higher than us, and if they got relegated, they would probably be favourites to come straight back up
    Plenty of favourites have ended up in a relegation fight instead in there first season down in the championship. 
  • Options

What a load of sanctimonious shite. 
    Worst episode of Jackanory ever...
  • Options
    Still don't understand the hatred for them. They offered us a home when we were in trouble and in the main, of all the London cubs I travel from Hampshire with, they are all decent and have a good knowledge of our club and like us to do well.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Liverpool miss Henderson. I think he may still be out for the Champions League.
    Agreed.  I've probably been one of his biggest critics on here but he really has gone up a level this season.  He's been very very good.  The Dippers lacked that control without him in the middle last night.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go on and win PFA Player of the Year tbh with you.
    Surely Van Dijk is a shoo-in?
  • Options
    I remember being in the old away pen at Upton Park in the corner late eighties and our friendly ammers in the next pen showering us with coins .

they hate millwall so I like em for that 

loads of wet spam where I live in Essex so I’m happy to see them suffer , although they’re ten times more bearable than the spuds round here .

if we are gonna be genuine promotion contenders (will ESI spend and make that a possibility or continue with the cheaper option that won’t surmount a challenge ) then i reckon West Ham will be a stronger challenge than any of the others but I can’t see ESI paying up so bring em down and everyone can get excited by a day out in Stratford ffs 
  • Options
    Good luck to them. What Gold, Sullivan and Brady have done to them is criminal. The problem is that they have lost their ground, and it was a special ground, but we are an example of how you can recover from that. Unlike the Valley though, Upton Park is now flats. They should have done more in the beginning. We fought to get back to the Valley, they need to understand what they are fighting for.