Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are West Ham going down??

Comments

• Options
    Can't stand the spivs that run West Ham - not sure who is the worst? Potential disaster if they go down and fans bail out...
  • Options
    Agree. It's not so much their fans, it's the utter filth that own and run them. 

• Options
    edited February 2020
    It looks like this U23 arrangement is new this season and there will be a "minimum of three games" at the Tax.
  • Options
    It looks like this U23 arrangement is new this season and there will be a "minimum of three games" at the Tax.
    Still very worthwhile asking the question as it displays that nobody has gone away
  • Options
    Liverpool 1 up within 10 minutes 
  • Options
    1 1 now, boooo
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Still very worthwhile asking the question as it displays that nobody has gone away
    Oh, definitely we will! :-) But it's helpful that we already know what the arrangement is, now I can just innocently ask "How much extra are West Ham paying?" :-)

• Options
    2-1 spammers
  • Options
    Gomez has lost his man for both Wet Spam goals. 
  • Options
    Oh Fabianski....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha!
    That’s funny.
  • Options
    Desmond. Shocker from flappyhandski
  • Options
    Flappy Handski having a bad night at the office 🤣🤣
  • Options
    Desmond 
  • Options
    oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Shame.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Make that an ex-Desmond!
  • Options
    Oh yes  :)
  • Options
    Thought Liverpool were poor by their standards and WH played very well. But no points. Saturday at home against Southampton is surely a must win for them.

I hope they lose and get relegated as will be a good fixture next season.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I also learnt (from the Price of Football podcast, highly recommended) that West Ham have been funding their recent spending spree by borrowing against future TV revenue...

think about the implications of that for a moment....
    About as stupid as you can get IMO.

Any idea why E20 are not trying to get a higher rent if they make beneficial improvements? Especially as the WH board are under pressure. 
    They did squeeze a bit more out of them in an agreement which came into force about a year ago, but nowhere near enough. They missed a chance to say to West Ham, you want the extra seats? OK give up the retractable seats, as they cost the taxpayer a fortune each year. But that would have required a lot of bottle, especially with Boris Johnson in high office. The current E20 CEO, Lyn Garner, is nevertheless far better than any previous incumbents. 

We still need to get to the bottom of these U23 matches, though. That's going to be in the return email to Mr Skewis, another new name to me in the E20 setup.

Looking ahead I worry that any Mayor other than Khan will bottle it and sell the thing off to West Ham for a cut price. 
    Been there 4 years. Prior to that, he was 14 years at the London Borough of Newham, the last 10 as Head of Sport & Venues Legacy...so pretty much primed for this role! Villa fan.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible shame. I'd have preferred 5-0 but a 3-2 defeat will do.
    Hopefully, the West Ham players will be devastated at losing from a winning position. 
     Think that'll give them more confidence as it goes.
    They defended resolutely apart from their goalie gifting goals.
  • Options
    Terrible shame. I'd have preferred 5-0 but a 3-2 defeat will do.
    Hopefully, the West Ham players will be devastated at losing from a winning position. 
     Think that'll give them more confidence as it goes.
    They defended resolutely apart from their goalie gifting goals.
    It could do but I'm hoping for despair!
    It remains to be seen whether they can be that resilient game after game. 
  • Options
    Hope they stay up or we’ve got no chance of getting Cullen 
  • Options
    Liverpool have now:

Equaled the all time English top flight record for consecutive wins (18)
    Equaled the all time English top flight record for consecutive home wins (21)
    The second longest all time English top flight unbeaten record (44)
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Thought Liverpool were poor by their standards and WH played very well. But no points. Saturday at home against Southampton is surely a must win for them.

I hope they lose and get relegated as will be a good fixture next season.
    Southampton have the fifth best away record in the league (behind Liverpool, City, Leicester and Chelsea) so that may not be as easy as it appears at first glance...
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Liverpool miss Henderson. I think he may still be out for the Champions League.
  • Options
    Liverpool have now:

Equaled the all time English top flight record for consecutive wins (18)
    Equaled the all time English top flight record for consecutive home wins (21)
    The second longest all time English top flight unbeaten record (44)
    Despite the way they played last night, I am starting to think this Liverpool team might well be up there with the very best club teams ever. Can they maintain that level though, or even anything close to it?
  • Options
    Soucek off injured too. Bad for them, for him, and the mug CEO back here at Slavia who was boasting about the record fee he would collar in summer.
  • Options
    Agreed.  I've probably been one of his biggest critics on here but he really has gone up a level this season.  He's been very very good.  The Dippers lacked that control without him in the middle last night.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go on and win PFA Player of the Year tbh with you.
  • Options
    One by one Southgate's England side are getting injured...