Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phrases you hate

Comments

• ‘Cadence’ to describe the order things need to be done or some sort of schedule. 
  • Awesome. Sooo.Generic. Going forward. He goes. We've done this before. What's the sitch. Vodka lemonade. Time to go lunch. But full circle, can I get/grab should be made a criminal offence. 
  • TelMc32 said:
    “Reached out” instead of contacted.

Drives me up the wall.
    Have to deal with a lot of Americans, who use it all the bloody time. Have sent this out on quite a few occasions!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️😉

This is worth a new thread.  Best signs I've seen in the workplace.
  • Three a.m. in the morning
  • In any shape or form

They didn't know what they were voting for
  • I forgot amazing, and there's no way it can be done any quicker, let's touch base, going forward. Which my South Eastern train isn't. Wrong thread now! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Managers who say "the football club" as if they might be referring to some other type of club.

Tony Pulis is a regular offender.
  • Who I really am...
  • “Lean into.”

In context: “Lee Bowyer can lean into that experience he got playing in the champions league”

It’s a smug Americanism that I just can’t stand. It gets used on podcasts a lot for some reason but if I hear it, I delete the podcast instantly. 

Also while on the subject of podcasts...

”that was a good segue”

It’s not a segue if you acknowledge the segue. 

“Hey what’s up guys”

YouTube twats. 

“You can go ahead and...”

More YouTube twats. 
  • Prolly - spoken by toddlers and bellends on message boards
  • Missed It said:
    'Ok boomer' is annoying.  Show some respect to your elders!!

'Incel' is one that really truly disgusts me though. It's normally the right on, social justice types who use it to denigrate anyone that disagrees with them.  It doesn't even occur to them what scummy bullies they are acting like, picking on the socially awkward and misfits.  
    Incel is a name incels gave to themselves.
  • Anyone who replies to a forum post with "yawn"
  • IdleHans said:
    'the C suite'

A phrase that makes me wish I carried a weapon. Apparently it refers collectively to the top people in an organisation, ie CEO, CFO, CTO etc.
    If you hadnt previously been aware of it, I apologise.

I'm not sure C stands for Chief.

I agree.

Bob Munro
    CHRO
  • My bad

'Can I get' instead of 'Can I have'
    No. You can ask me and I can get it for you.
  • bobmunro said:
    IdleHans said:
    'the C suite'

A phrase that makes me wish I carried a weapon. Apparently it refers collectively to the top people in an organisation, ie CEO, CFO, CTO etc.
    If you hadnt previously been aware of it, I apologise.

I'm not sure C stands for Chief.

I agree.

Bob Munro
    CHRO

No CHRO, @bobmunro, you're a CPO in this brave new world
  • "Change management" meaning  "more work, less staff".
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Anyone who replies to a forum post with "yawn"
    Yawn.
  • edited January 2020
    Trainer walks into room. No one has met them previously. First word: "so...."

What the fuck do you mean,  "so"? So means "therefore". You haven't told us anything yet you knob! 
  • "Chill"

"Calm down"

Ugh ...
  • 24 Red said:
    "Chill"

"Calm down"

Ugh ...
    OK. Take it easy.
  • See what I did there?
    aarrrggghh 
  • Trainer walks into room. No one has met them previously. First word: "so...."

What the fuck do you mean,  "so"? So means "therefore". You haven't told us anything yet you knob! 

It's a sure sign they are academics - they start every sentence, whether written or oral, with 'so'.
  • Cloud Cuckoo Land 
  • “Believe you me.” Makes no bloody sense.