Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    ‘So basically’ is a fave of many of my students and what follows tends to be utter bs!
  • Options
    'Ok boomer' is annoying.  Show some respect to your elders!!

'Incel' is one that really truly disgusts me though. It's normally the right on, social justice types who use it to denigrate anyone that disagrees with them.  It doesn't even occur to them what scummy bullies they are acting like, picking on the socially awkward and misfits.  
  • Options
    You know- Matt
  • Options
    "Enjoy" when spoken by a grimacing barista as they hand you a coffee and "uh?" rather than "pardon?"
  • Options
    moving forward
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    "My xxxxx supporting mate told me......." (before going off on a 1000 word essay about a player nobody has heard of).

You've just made that up on the spot based on Football Manager haven't you?
  • Options
    When I was young...

In my day...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Not a phrase but "like". Those idiots on love island say it every other word. 
    I just gave you a like.
  • Options
    He set his stall out.
    He has to set his stall out.

What, on a football pitch?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The next two weeks are crucial
  • Options
    Think outside of the box. grrrr!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    People that end something with ‘rant over’ or ‘...not!’

if I cant sense you’re ranting or being sarcastic, then improve your delivery.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    The next two weeks are crucial
    Especially as the window closes in 11 days, what is so crucial about those other 3 days haha.

The next 11 days are crucial 
  • Options
    Literarily  and Bruv, and Bro.
  • Options
    awesome 
  • Options
    At this moment in time
    Just saying
  • Options
    "Woke" .

Somebody used it on here at the weekend and I was about to invite him to emigrate to Small Town, mid USA if he wants to talk like that. But just in time I discovered that it's been included in the latest Oxford English Dictionary. FFS
  • Options
    At this moment in time
    Just saying
    Totally agree, whatever moment is there ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Politicians saying,"The reality is...." 
  • Options
    "whatever moment is there"
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Talal said:
    Not a phrase but "like". Those idiots on love island say it every other word. 
    I was having a pint with the crossword in The River Ale House the other day, when an old boy walked in. A minute later his old pal turned up.
    'D'you get here alright'
    'Yer, I come on the bus. Bit crowded, but it weren't too bad, like.'
    And I remembered when like was stuck on the end of a sentence even though it didn't really mean anything.
    Unlike its modern counterpart, its usage wasn't teeth-grindingly irritating.Quite the opposite, in fact.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    That social media bollocks

'We go again'

Usually after you have just been gubbed, no we dont, just man up and admit you weren't good enough.
    Man up
  • Options
    You goin Stoke? :/