Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Phrases you hate

Comments

• MrWalker said:
    McBobbin said:
    Know someone who it appears can only "hop on" to a phone call. Boils my piss.
    I'll tell you what boils my piss.
    Hotel room kettles.

I used to work with a bloke who openly admitted to doing that. He thought it was funny but I just thought he was a disgusting prick.
  • Yeah, it was a joke. 
  • Pathway for the youngsters to the first team
  • MrWalker said:
    Yeah, it was a joke. 

Yeah I get that.
  • "I make you/him/them right"...
    How exactly does your opinion validate someone else's? 
  • MrWalker said:
    Yeah, it was a joke. 
    Not for me it wasn't, my tea tasted funny ;)
  • Group 

It's a football team.
  • People who say they will revert to me
  • "Long ball up to Stockley"
  • Sponsored links:

• Ratio

WTF why does everybody respond to tweets with ratio now, its a load of nonsense 

• any time soon
  • we need more bodies before the window closes

(or similar statements wishing our squad was bigger, but not necessarily  stronger .. never mind the quality, just count the 'bodies')
  • we need more bodies before the window closes

(or similar statements wishing our squad was bigger, but not necessarily  stronger .. never mind the quality, just count the 'bodies')
    Bodies suggest dead people to me.  We need players ... good players!
  • Calls out
  • Probably been flagged earlier but:

'To be honest...............'  for emphasis at the start of a sentence implies quite strongly that at other times one isn't.

or is this just me reading too much into it?

• Probably been flagged earlier but:

'To be honest...............'  for emphasis at the start of a sentence implies quite strongly that at other times one isn't.

or is this just me reading too much into it?

TBH, I don't really see it that way. 
  • "You're either being *this* or *that*" or similar such nonsense where there's a massive amount of control being attempted by the person outlining that there can only be their two possible explanations of a situation playing out.
  • se9addick said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Misuse of 'literally'. "I was so angry that my brain literally exploded".
    Americans on Reddit argue against this. They cite Shakespeare who didn’t use literally literally. They say that the English language is always evolving. 

To them I say, go fuck yourselves. Literally is a really useful word in its literal sense. You’re not evolving jack shit. You’re dumbing it down. 
    People who misuse the word literally only do so because they haven’t been introduced to the word figuratively
    I hate the misuse but also the mispronunciation….litcherly 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ratio

WTF why does everybody respond to tweets with ratio now, its a load of nonsense 

Or those who respond to "ratio" with "L" or "."

There is no point reading the comments on most major general Football reporting accounts anymore - Its like thinking you can risk a fart when you have the major shits, there is no point having a risky strain as you know what the end result will be
  • Charlton nil.
  • "You got this!" - fuck off you patronising, cliche-peddling fucker. 

Any creative agency that pitches an advert to their client with "You got this/ we got this/ now more than ever" in the script should be instantly sacked. 
  • I had a new one today,  "Horizon Scanning" Typical Civil Service BS.
  • "January window"
  • "Rebuild in the summer"
  • 'If x is the answer, what is the question?' Meaningless.
  • “Blow away the league”