Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    “Do they bite”
  • Options
    Not a phrase, but I notice that quite often now when people are being interviewed they start with the word SO, before answering the question, WHY?
  • Options
    “Class 👏👏👏” - usually in response to something mundane and just an example of some footballer or manager doing only the mostly basically decent of human things or demonstrating an ability to string more than three words together into a coherent sentence. 
    Agree. Also When people describe a player as, "world class" but never define what they mean by that.
  • Options
    "Toptop player."
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    "Toptop player."

'The Gary Nevilles, the Wayne Rooneys'
  • Options
    'Stay safe'
  • Options
    "Massive", "three points", "work hard on the training pitch".
    If that is all you've got kindly refrain from doing post match interviews.
  • Options
    "I called it".
    Well done, if only the rest of us could have an educated guess come through once in a while
  • Options
    "See what I did there"
    Yeh cracking bit of smart-arsery, but as nobody found it funny you needed to draw attention to your "joke"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Have a nice day: no problem when in the morning but at 23.55 in the shop by Platforms 15 to 19 at Victoria Station !

• Options
    I can't believe no-one has said 'brang'.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I can't believe no-one has said 'brang'.
    Not a phrase.
  • Options
    "During the war/blitz/Dunkirk" or any other war related phrases from people who either babies at the end of it or were not old enough to have lived it.
    Basically my 82 year old mother who really only remembers it from watching Yesterday channel.  
    Also the news papers are guilty of this.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    "See what I did there"
    Yeh cracking bit of smart-arsery, but as nobody found it funny you needed to draw attention to your "joke"
    I was inspired to post that after seeing a thread earlier. Equally, “I see what you did there!” - of course you fucking did. It would have been pointless otherwise. 

I was dating a girl who would say this a lot. Along with “and how’d that work out for you?”  And various other inane sayings. Eventually I snapped and called her a walking fortune cookie. That was on our last date. 

• Options
    Ho hum. 

It’s an accident waiting to happen. 

and young people over using or incorrectly using the word ‘literally’
  • Options
    "During the war/blitz/Dunkirk" or any other war related phrases from people who either babies at the end of it or were not old enough to have lived it.
    Basically my 82 year old mother who really only remembers it from watching Yesterday channel.  
    Also the news papers are guilty of this.

During the 1939-1945 conflict with Germany!
  • Options
    “Class 👏👏👏” - usually in response to something mundane and just an example of some footballer or manager doing only the mostly basically decent of human things or demonstrating an ability to string more than three words together into a coherent sentence. 
    Class post mate 👏👏👏
  • Options
    "Jaw-dropping". Not my jaw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gaslighting, sealioning, snowflake, gammons, strawman. I ain’t got a clue and not will I bother to find out. 
  • Options
    You can’t have your cake and eat it
  • Options
    Hope they got a slap after saying that?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Used by a member of the HR team yesterday:

"Let's sunset out the partners and concentrate on the vertical AVSs."

No, me neither.

wanker
  • Options
    I didn't have a clue what an AVS is. Still don't. I gave up and logged out.
  • Options
    Ramping it up. 
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    IdleHans said:
    I didn't have a clue what an AVS is. Still don't. I gave up and logged out.
    Aston Villa Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    'Shout out' as in 'We'll be devoting the next hour of the show to giving a shout out to anyone you think deserves it.'
    What's wrong with 'praising', 'mentioning', 'congratulating' etc?
    Why does it have to be so loud?
    No one shouts it anyway.