Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v WBA | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Post-match Thread 11/01/2020

Comments

• Options
    Exciting game.

Another useless ref.

Davidson was brilliant today.

Some poor defending cost us.

mom Pratley, but some very good other performances.

At times Sarr looks brilliant at times he looks like a Sunday league player.

Poetic justice when the scummy wba fans kept the ball and we scored from the corner.

Dirty northern bastards, was about right today.

Delighted with a deserved point.
    And we scored from the goal kick they kept the ball from. 

Wanky 90s pricks
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Fantastic game that. You can never fault the effort of a Lee Bowyer team. Does he get every decision right, nope, but we have a special manager, who is getting every inch of ability out of these players. 

My one bit of criticism, and I said this in the match thread, we must be the only football team ever who when we have a throw in its a negative for us. 
    Yes agree, so proud of our team today but the negative turning back to goal and attempting a back pass cost us another goal. Tom Lockyer won't get the same stick as Naby and Purrs but it has to stop, plus the negative throws back when top forwards are near to our players.

Fantastic point from Charlton considering no Bonne and Taylor, Gallagher radar was off today yet playing Davidson on his own (Green did fine but more of a winger) the boy did great.
    When Davidson started limping, yet again a forward stayed on the pitch too long.
    Pratley is a great Captain who even though he was cream crackered never gives up.

Lee Bowyer  and Matt Southall are our dream ticket plus Gallen, Marshall, Euell, Steve Avory + the other academy coaches.

The highlight was the support, not losing and Matt Southall's acknowledgement of the fans chanting his name.
  • Options
    I'm just a bit alarmed that Bow is prepared to be so public about his contract. Maybe it is politics, but it doesn't sit comfortably. 
    Is what it is

• Options
    Bowyer says he hasn't seen the contract yet.. nothing to panic about 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Put this on another thread but all I heard was, 'get off him you fckin Welsh cnut'

Brilliant

Wally
  • Options
    And once again it was Robson-Kanu who contentiously scored the second West Brom goal

@ the Hawthorns it was handball, today for me thats a sending off!!
  • Options
    I find it strange that we are working against the clock to bring in much needed players, but apparently one of the reasons they won’t sign is because Bowyer isn’t on a contract. Yet a contact has been offered to Bowyer but he hasn’t even looked at it?

Im not worried, I just find the whole process a little strange from LB’s side.
    Very strange. 5 yr deal offered and his comments after the game make me think its not all as straightforward as hoped
  • Options
    Was 20mins after he scored though bud
  • Options
    I'm happy. 1-1 against league leaders with the promise of signings and players returning from injury bodes well. 
    It was 2-2 though.
  • Options
    Great atmosphere, great game against a good side who anticipate & pass well but baggie fans need to play nice & give the ball back! Ref should have done something about that.
    Lots comments in seats around about the passing back when attacking or switching ball across the pitch, lack of confidence in throw in's and speed of play going forward.
    But against league leaders good result. Need that spirit for Preston!
  • Options
    Why? - Not surprised he's not spoken to his Agent seeing he had to prepare for the game

When he says he's got to see if its a 5-year deal or one year rolling over five years just says to me as though he's hypothesising what it could be without seeing the deal
    It's about the narrative FA. This statement from Bow doesn't kind of match with the MS narrative of 'we are building something special'. Are they on the same page? Hopefully it is just mind games. Charlton need Bow, Jacko and co as they have saved the club on the pitch and know how to develop it (in my opinion) . 
  • Options
    I find it strange that we are working against the clock to bring in much needed players, but apparently one of the reasons they won’t sign is because Bowyer isn’t on a contract. Yet a contact has been offered to Bowyer but he hasn’t even looked at it?

Very strange. 5 yr deal offered and his comments after the game make me think its not all as straightforward as hoped
    I don’t buy into anything that the chairman has said so far .  Would be thrilled to be proven wrong 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A great point.
    We gifted them two goals. The second was criminal from where I was sat but I'll try not to dwell on it.

Doughty is going to be some player.

As I say a point is good against top of the league but they were there for the taking after we got ourselves back in it in the first half

Just happy to get away from them without any more casualties. They are dirty bastards as you would expect from a team managed by one!

Good rest now get some players back and some new ones in. We'll be fine.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I don’t buy into anything that the chairman has said so far .  Would be thrilled to be proven wrong 
    We have been fucked over so many times its standard that we fear the worst.
  • Options
    Fantastic game that. You can never fault the effort of a Lee Bowyer team. Does he get every decision right, nope, but we have a special manager, who is getting every inch of ability out of these players. 

My one bit of criticism, and I said this in the match thread, we must be the only football team ever who when we have a throw in its a negative for us. 
    Yes agree, so proud of our team today but the negative turning back to goal and attempting a back pass cost us another goal. Tom Lockyer won't get the same stick as Naby and Purrs but it has to stop, plus the negative throws back when top forwards are near to our players.

Fantastic point from Charlton considering no Bonne and Taylor, Gallagher radar was off today yet playing Davidson on his own (Green did fine but more of a winger) the boy did great.
    When Davidson started limping, yet again a forward stayed on the pitch too long.
    Pratley is a great Captain who even though he was cream crackered never gives up.

Lee Bowyer  and Matt Southall are our dream ticket plus Gallen, Marshall, Euell, Steve Avory + the other academy coaches.

The highlight was the support, not losing and Matt Southall's acknowledgement of the fans chanting his name.
    Totally. Teams have done their homework on us and know how to press us as from the back we play in a very repeatative way. Hopefully that will get better when Cullen returns as he offers more of an option and can at least dribble the ball out from the back. 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Really? What didn't you like? Although this is probably the wrong thread for this debate...
  • Options
    Spirited performance. Good result against a quality side, albeit one playing like an early '70's copy of Leeds United. But: we're in trouble. Any more one goal defeats in our remaining fixtures and it'll be a desperate relegation fight.