Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v WBA | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Post-match Thread 11/01/2020

18910111214»

Comments

• Spirited performance. Good result against a quality side, albeit one playing like an early '70's copy of Leeds United. But: we're in trouble. Any more one goal defeats in our remaining fixtures and it'll be a desperate relegation fight.
    Strange comment considering we drew.
    Also implying we have to go the rest of the season unbeaten to stay up??
  • Spirited performance. Good result against a quality side, albeit one playing like an early '70's copy of Leeds United. But: we're in trouble. Any more one goal defeats in our remaining fixtures and it'll be a desperate relegation fight.
    No we'll be fine so long as we lose by more than one. 
  • I think it is ok for people to stand and believe there should be safe standing areas in grounds. Where I have an issue with some people who stand is those that don't respect that the person sitting behind them may have a reason why they can't stand and having no sympathy with them or respect for that condition. Some seem to have an attitude - F off, I am a better supporter than you because I support the lads better than you. I can stand if I want to.

These tend to be the same sort of people who let one go in the middle of a crowd and think it is funny. At least be embaressed by it FFS! 
    Get what you're saying and know you're speaking more generally. But the bloke behind me had no mobility issues. He had jumped rows of seats to get in and out. Was one person sitting in a sea of people standing towards the back of the north upper didnt want to move either side to have a clear seat infront of him and thought grabbing me and trying to pull me down as we had a shot on goal was okay.

If I had have sat down for most of the game I wouldn't have been able to see as those infront of me were standing. 
  • We only had 2 shots on target @cantersaddick 🤣
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Spirited performance. Good result against a quality side, albeit one playing like an early '70's copy of Leeds United. But: we're in trouble. Any more one goal defeats in our remaining fixtures and it'll be a desperate relegation fight.
    No we'll be fine so long as we lose by more than one. 
    Ah right! Hopefully ESI get on the blower to Driesen then, maybe he can persuade Thuram to come back and we’re safe! 
  • BR3red said:
    North Lower had to stand up loads Saturday.

So grateful..... I’m 6ft 1 and for the past 4 years have had to sit with my knees around my ears. Worst seats in football stadium history but I love it there. Been pretty much on my own with my Dad and my 2 boys as no one like North Lower Season Tickets (either that or didn’t like my family)

Bring back 20k + crowds, rather stand all game long 👍
    North Lower's seats are palatial compared to the away end at Luton.
    Haha they are actually below pitch level 
  • On the last link, I said so at the time. The ref was allowing play to continue so Lockyer had to try to get up and get into position and was being prevented from doing so. The yellow card shouldn't have been shown to him FFS!
  • we really pissed them off by getting a point at theirs with that 'dubious' last minute pen and they had a man sent off .. they decided to try and soften us up from the start .. they failed and should have had another player red carded
  • I thought the handshake in front of the CE between LB and the Baby Beckham looked a bit "final".
    Hope they are both  staying !
    Really?

You can tell that from a handshake 

@Charltonparklane
    Yep !
  • Sponsored links:

• Why were all the match threads labelled WBA v Charlton as if we were the away side? Pre match, match thread and post match all the same...

Statbank/players marks is the only one to get it right!

It’s really doing my OCD no favours.
  • Why were all the match threads labelled WBA v Charlton as if we were the away side? Pre match, match thread and post match all the same...

Statbank/players marks is the only one to get it right!

It’s really doing my OCD no favours.
    Someone tried to blag a preview and got it wrong. From there the problem snowballed.