Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v WBA | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Post-match Thread 11/01/2020

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great game.
    Great point.Another point closer to safety.
    Doughty will be one hell of a player. 20 times better than Purr.
    THAT tackle by Nabby, wow.
    For me, dont really get the major plusses re Pratley - yes, he might get his foot in, but so many times WBA were able to get behind him in the hole because he is not quick enough to cover that area. 
    But, overall, a cracking point, with 3/4 players out. Whatever the team, we seem to get a consistent performance from LB's teams, and never beaten by 3/4 goals.

1. Disagree, completely different players. Purrington was unreal a couple of games back.

2. Completely agree. He's massively overrated, but did play well today up to the last 15. Best thing he did today was to get in people's heads.
    Have to agree with President. Doughty is gonna be a cracker. Ive seen enough to see he will play for his country. Hopefuly England
  • Options
    Bowyer.
    To get that tune out of those players in this situation.
    Make it a six year contract.
  • Options
    King's of the Desmonds, I make that 8 for us this season 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    "I feel sorry for Davison. He's so out of his depth and I'm sure he must be aware of it." 

This was an embarrassing post on the match thread before the game started and looks even more foolish now. The lad put in some shift and fully deserved his goal. 

There were a few embarrassing posts on the match thread. Especially the bloke who said it was "game over now" at 1 - 0 down. Have a bloody word with yourself.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Great game.
    Great point.Another point closer to safety.
    Doughty will be one hell of a player. 20 times better than Purr.
    THAT tackle by Nabby, wow.
    For me, dont really get the major plusses re Pratley - yes, he might get his foot in, but so many times WBA were able to get behind him in the hole because he is not quick enough to cover that area. 
    But, overall, a cracking point, with 3/4 players out. Whatever the team, we seem to get a consistent performance from LB's teams, and never beaten by 3/4 goals.

1. Disagree, completely different players. Purrington was unreal a couple of games back.

2. Completely agree. He's massively overrated, but did play well today up to the last 15. Best thing he did today was to get in people's heads.
    Purrington’s version of unreal is passing the ball forward successfully a couple of times in the match and not being skinned alive, or beaten in the air by a midget.  He was good against Swansea but Doughty is on a completely different level offensively and better defensively too, IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Song for Pratley, he deserves it 
    Darren Pratley..Darren Pratley.. he wins the ball back, his 34 and he doesn't like the palace.. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Davison will be an excellent 2/3/4 choice striker, especially with that work rate and growing eye for goal.

No point writing as list when all fully fit as that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    Fantastic game that. You can never fault the effort of a Lee Bowyer team. Does he get every decision right, nope, but we have a special manager, who is getting every inch of ability out of these players. 

My one bit of criticism, and I said this in the match thread, we must be the only football team ever who when we have a throw in its a negative for us. 
  • Options
    What was the attendance?
  • Options
    What was the attendance?
    19720 or something like that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can understand why they did not rush to make signings for the sake of them last week. 
  • Options
    Ally ally ally ohhh 
  • Options
    Really impressed with Davison today, incredibly strong and physical for a kid, and so pleased he got a goal 

Far more impressive than Hemed
    Not expecting him to be first, 2nd or even 3rd choice when everyone is fit, but he's shown enough in a limited time to show he has enough about him to at least be in the first team squad next season.
  • Options
    Good result. Atmosphere OK, but not a wow game. 

Forster Caskey made a difference. He could be some player for Charlton if his injury has not damaged him too much and Bowyer stays. 
  • Options
    I'm happy. 1-1 against league leaders with the promise of signings and players returning from injury bodes well.