Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fulham (now 22nd January)

Comments

• Options
    That can work. 
  • Options
    Week in Dubai is my guess, warm weather training
  • Options
    Can some idiot moderator change the thread title
  • Options
    Can some idiot moderator change the thread title
    Probably worth making it a sticky too
  • Options
    Reckon it’s been brought forward a week to the 22nd because this is the game His Excellancy can attend and then afterwards the squad will jet off to Abu Dhabi in his private jet for a week of warm weather training, sun, sea and swimming. Will also give a chance for the three new signings to bond with their new team mates.
  • Options
    Would love to know why on earth we've scheduled it for the earliest possible date when we still have a ton of injuries and may not have any/many new signings by then.
    I agree. Absolutely bonkers. We currently dont have any fit strikers (I don't count Davison as he is too inexperienced) & both Bonne & Taylor aren't likely to be back by then. Of ALL the possible dates to move it to then this would be the very last one to choose.....we even changed it from the 29th to make it even harder on ourselves.

I can see where Bowyer got his "wierd" comment from the other week. 

• Options
    Idiotic.
  • Options
    Would love to know why on earth we've scheduled it for the earliest possible date when we still have a ton of injuries and may not have any/many new signings by then.
    I agree. Absolutely bonkers. We currently dont have any fit strikers (I don't count Davison as he is too inexperienced) & both Bonne & Taylor aren't likely to be back by then. Of ALL the possible dates to move it to then this would be the very last one to choose.....we even changed it from the 29th to make it even harder on ourselves.

Experienced or not, he's still a striker and other teams have younger banging them in for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His scissor kick volley that smashed the bar was a decent effort 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Experienced or not, he's still a striker and other teams have younger banging them in for them.
    Ok, let's replace "inexperienced" to "not up to it" or "wont score in a month of sundays".
    I wont say useless as it's not his fault he's been thrown into the deep end but clearly he is not of Championship quality.

Ahem!  :-) 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ok, let's replace "inexperienced" to "not up to it" or "wont score in a month of sundays".
    I wont say useless as it's not his fault he's been thrown into the deep end but clearly he is not of Championship quality.
    You were saying?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Great marking by Matthews.

Edit. I'll take this back to the right thread.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The kids done is proud today though??
    1st goal 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Womt score in a???? 

Lol okay 
  • Options
    Davidson won't "score in a month of Sundays" but he can score on a Saturday with aplomb.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Classic golfie.
  • Options
    Really like Josh, certainly not afraid to mix it - well chuffed for him with his goal, not his fault he has to play but he’s very rough and ready.

look forward to watching him progress 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    in my years of watching football I don't think I have ever known a game brought forward at short notice. Can't make it now. Annoyed!
  • Options
    Mitrovic was carried off yesterday...
  • Options
    On a stretcher or on his teammates shoulders?
  • Options
    Like others I am baffled by the Charlton decision to bring it forward. Cannot fathom that, whichever way I look at it. The only way it could make sense is if we were staring administration in the face, and needed the cash in bank above all. Which patently is not the case, thankfully.
  • Options
    Like others I am baffled by the Charlton decision to bring it forward. Cannot fathom that, whichever way I look at it. The only way it could make sense is if we were staring administration in the face, and needed the cash in bank above all. Which patently is not the case, thankfully.
    I think I've worked it out.
    Gives us more rest time before the Barnsley game and they have the cup game on the 25th.

• Options
    I guess with Mitrovic being out injured now, this could actually be a stroke of genius

By far the player we struggled to handle the most @ Craven Cottage
  • Options
    I guess with Mitrovic being out injured now, this could actually be a stroke of genius

Fair point 
  • Options

Luck, yes. Genius, no, unless someone at Charlton is psychic. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I think I've worked it out.
    Gives us more rest time before the Barnsley game and they have the cup game on the 25th.

I think this plus it gives them a chance to go away for a full week for some warm weather training.
  • Options
    The only reason I can k of is that His Excellency is in town that week & had planned to come to watch the Fulham match. Probably leaving early the next week so the 29th wouldn't work, and so the 22nd it had to be.

As I said......that can be the only reason, especially as the 29th was agreed between us, Fulham & the EFL. Fulham then state we changed it & as the home side we are allowed to do that.

Any other reason just doesn't make sense....unless LB wanted the players to have extra rest before the big 6-pointer against Barnsley & so doing effectively writting off the Fulham game.