Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Fulham (now 22nd January)

Comments

• Dansk_Red said:
    Can see this game being arranged for 28/29th January. There are no dates in February, otherwise it probably be in March dependent on Cup runs and international breaks.
    18th is free. We happen to be in the UK that week, so it would make up for missing the Hull game in December. :#

Understandably 3 home games in a week won't be popular with staff though.  
  • Seeing as Matt Southall said that HE was hoping to get down to The Valley by the end of the month it can only be the 28th Jan.

You heard it here first.
    Didn't say hed be seeing a game though 
  • shine166 said:
    Seeing as Matt Southall said that HE was hoping to get down to The Valley by the end of the month it can only be the 28th Jan.

You heard it here first.
    Didn't say hed be seeing a game though 
    I'm sure that was the purpose of the statement.  Cant remember exactly but MS said that HE was really into it & unlike RD wanted to see a game. MS then said he hopes to get down to The Valley by the end of the month. I'm assuming this was first mooted before the 3rd round games & the Fulham game was very much on the cards.
  • In conclusion I think there are five possible dates, some more realistic than others:

-28th January (2)
    -18th February (3)
    -10th March (1)
    -21st April (4)
    -28th April (5)

where 1 is most likely and 5 is least likely.

• Dansk_Red said:
    Can see this game being arranged for 28/29th January. There are no dates in February, otherwise it probably be in March dependent on Cup runs and international breaks.
    18th is free. We happen to be in the UK that week, so it would make up for missing the Hull game in December. :#

Understandably 3 home games in a week won't be popular with staff though.  
    It would be nice to get 3 consecutive games at home, that could be a clincher for our staying up.
  • It would be great if we have games when Taylor, Bonne, Williams,Green and a new signing forward signed in Window are fit for selection in February.
  • Assuming it’ll be on a Tuesday, these are the possible dates for rearranged fixture:

-28th January
    -4th February (highly unlikely since this is 4th round replay week)
    -18th February
    Anything in January or February is not ideal if Charlton and Fulham work on a new date together. If it’s up to the EFL, I’ll expect the 28th Jan or 29th if Fulham’s cup is on Sunday.

-3rd March (we’d have to wait to see the outcome of Fulham’s 4th round game to avoid a possible clash with the 5th round ties so this is doubtful too)
    -10th March (first realistic date that I think both teams will like)
    -7th April (unlikely with a Good Friday fixture to follow it)
    -21st April
    -28th April (both of these last two seem a bit late in the season to be realistic choices, these should be saved in case of later postponements for weather etc)

In conclusion I think there are five possible dates, some more realistic than others:

-28th January (2)
    -18th February (3)
    -10th March (1)
    -21st April (4)
    -28th April (5)

29th January... No cigar!!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e18973e8de04/home-game-against-fulham-rearranged-for-wednesday-january-29th
  • Moved to the 29th January - a Wednesday evening, 7.45pm.
  • Good, cos I was already out on 28th.  Should be able to make this
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly surprised they've gone for the earliest date. Maybe we're hoping that playing at Man City on the Sunday will knacker Fulham out!
  • Slightly surprised they've gone for the earliest date. Maybe we're hoping that playing at Man City on the Sunday will knacker Fulham out!
    It appear most teams have rearranged matches for that week. 

Leeds v Millwall, QPR v Blackburn are all on the Tuesday/Wednesday 
    It appear most teams have rearranged matches for that week. 

Leeds v Millwall, QPR v Blackburn are all on the Tuesday/Wednesday 
    No excuse for tiredness with a week and a half after the Preston game.

Some signings before the match would be nice too!
  • Back to having 3 very difficult fixtures in a row - hopefully those 4 new signings will be in and a few more injured player will be back in the squad
  • edited January 2020
    Moved to the 22nd January now.

From Fulham website 

Fans may have seen earlier information published suggesting that this match would take place on Wednesday 29th January. This date was agreed between the clubs and the EFL, and was subsequently announced, but following further discussions between Charlton and the EFL, we have been told that the fixture will take place a week earlier. As the home club, this is Charlton's prerogative.

The sides were initially scheduled to meet on Saturday 25th January, but a new date had to be established following the Whites’ progression in the Emirates FA Cup.

• Been moved again. Now it's Wednesday 22nd January
  • Sounds like it was our idea and we told Fulham lol, wonder why we decided to do that
  • Moved to the 22nd January now.

From Fulham website 

Fans may have seen earlier information published suggesting that this match would take place on Wednesday 29th January. This date was agreed between the clubs and the EFL, and was subsequently announced, but following further discussions between Charlton and the EFL, we have been told that the fixture will take place a week earlier. As the home club, this is Charlton's prerogative.

The sides were initially scheduled to meet on Saturday 25th January, but a new date had to be established following the Whites’ progression in the Emirates FA Cup.

Ouch - Fulham don’t seem too happy about that!
  • Sponsored links:

• CatAddick said:
    Good, cos I was already out on 28th.  Should be able to make this
    Now Boo, cos I'm on holiday that week
  • Assuming it’ll be on a Tuesday, these are the possible dates for rearranged fixture:

-28th January
    -4th February (highly unlikely since this is 4th round replay week)
    -18th February
    Anything in January or February is not ideal if Charlton and Fulham work on a new date together. If it’s up to the EFL, I’ll expect the 28th Jan or 29th if Fulham’s cup is on Sunday.

-3rd March (we’d have to wait to see the outcome of Fulham’s 4th round game to avoid a possible clash with the 5th round ties so this is doubtful too)
    -10th March (first realistic date that I think both teams will like)
    -7th April (unlikely with a Good Friday fixture to follow it)
    -21st April
    -28th April (both of these last two seem a bit late in the season to be realistic choices, these should be saved in case of later postponements for weather etc)

In conclusion I think there are five possible dates, some more realistic than others:

-28th January (2)
    -18th February (3)
    -10th March (1)
    -21st April (4)
    -28th April (5)

29th January... No cigar!!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e18973e8de04/home-game-against-fulham-rearranged-for-wednesday-january-29th
    I did assume Tuesdays for the sake of simplicity! :-)
  • Surprised we'd want to play this game sooner - I'd have thought the later the better to get players back from injury.
    An educated guess would be Barnsley is such a big match we want to have a free week to prepare. 
  • edited January 2020
    A few days before they face Man City away in the cup. Good move from us although we'll still probably lose! 
  • so is it on 22nd now then?   I'm confused.
  • 29th/22nd!? What is going on
  • edited January 2020
  • The game, which was originally scheduled for Saturday, January 25th was postponed after the visitors made the fourth round of the FA Cup. It was earlier moved to Wednesday, January 29th before both teams agreed on the new date.

Tickets for the game are back on sale and can be purchased here.

The game was initially set as a gold game but is now a silver game, fans who have already purchased tickets can be refunded the difference if they still wish to attend or refunded the whole ticket if they are not able to make the rearranged game. 

Ticket info HOME fulpng

• Really surprised by that. Fulham play on the Friday beforehand, so will actually have 1 day's more rest too
  • Fulham site confirms its Wednesday 22 January