Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Fulham (now 22nd January)

Comments

• Options
    None of these suggestions help as my cousin is a Fulham supporter and it's his birthday weekend.

Was lined up perfectly.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    I am bringing 40 Italians to the game as we are on football tour. Nightmare!
  • Options
    Good in a way fit squad wise, crap personally as its one of my only Saturday offs workwise for a few weeks...
  • Options
    I am bringing 40 Italians to the game as we are on football tour. Nightmare!

None of these suggestions help as my cousin is a Fulham supporter and it's his birthday weekend.

Was lined up perfectly.
    So you thought Fulham would lose to a Villa reserve side ? 
  • Options
    Wonder if it will now be on sky red button? 
  • Options
    If we're not in the FA Cup maybe we could organise some warm weather training.

Any suggestions where?
    Montserrat 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    FFS had booked in a free day out to the game with my cousin for that Saturday. All other weekends are looking pretty busy.
    Theres a slim chance we'll be hosting Man City at the Valley that day. Don't be sad quite yet....
  • Options
    Boo. Had a good post match social planned for this one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Fulham should play both at the same time, with our injuries we will be fielding our U16s by then. 
  • Options
    Can see this game being arranged for 28/29th January. There are no dates in February, otherwise it probably be in March dependent on Cup runs and international breaks.
  • Options
    Bugger.  Had just organised a small party of folks to come along.  Will have to try to reorganise for the Barnsley match on the 1st Feb.

Looking at the bigger picture, however, anything which buys us time to rehabilitate injured players and bed new signings in is a plus....
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Was lined up perfectly.
    Take him to their cup game. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Was lined up perfectly.
    Take him to their cup game.

I'm not that nice of a cousin.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Can see this game being arranged for 28/29th January. There are no dates in February, otherwise it probably be in March dependent on Cup runs and international breaks.
    Although the EFL like games to be rescheduled as early as possible now, compared to years ago when they invariably ended up towards the end of the season, I believe it has to be agreed between the 2 clubs & I'm sure Chris Parkes will be ruling out anything in late Jan or early Feb. 
  • Options
    So no game for Charlton on the weekend of the 25th.

Our remaining fixtures in January are WBA (H) 11/01 and Preston (A) 18/01.
  • Options

We then potentially go into the Barnsley game with

Phillips
    Matthews - Lockyer - Pearce - Purrington
    Gallagher - Pratley - Cullen
    Williams
    Green - Hemed
  • Options

Next game after that is 1st Feb, followed by 6 more games that month. A planned two week break taking the squad away to somewhere warm could be very timely particularly as there is a forecast of Jan-Feb 2020 being the coldest one for decades
  • Options

Phillips
    Williams
    Green - Hemed
    Plus all our new signings!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    The Fulham game could still be rearranged for the following midweek 28th/29th Jan but I can imagine they’ll be pushing for a March or April date.
  • Options

Phillips
    Williams
    Green - Hemed
    Plus all our new signings!
    Yeaaa... need to get to March before I start shitting myself over relegation
  • Options
    The Fulham game could still be rearranged for the following midweek 28th/29th Jan but I can imagine they’ll be pushing for a March or April date.
    If we’ve got 7 games in February then so will Fulham. Neither team will want to play on 28 or 29 Jan as well.
  • Options
    Depends on whether we can decide or if the decision is made by the EFL...
  • Options
    If we’ve got 7 games in February then so will Fulham. Neither team will want to play on 28 or 29 Jan as well.
    There will be a week left free for an FA Cup replay too
  • Options
    I'm sure our pitch has remedial work which has to be done that week, and can't be put off!
  • Options
    Dont worry its the EFL... by the time they get round to it it'll be played in August!!
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Assuming it’ll be on a Tuesday, these are the possible dates for rearranged fixture:

-28th January
    -4th February (highly unlikely since this is 4th round replay week)
    -18th February
    Anything in January or February is not ideal if Charlton and Fulham work on a new date together. If it’s up to the EFL, I’ll expect the 28th Jan or 29th if Fulham’s cup is on Sunday.

-3rd March (we’d have to wait to see the outcome of Fulham’s 4th round game to avoid a possible clash with the 5th round ties so this is doubtful too)
    -10th March (first realistic date that I think both teams will like)
    -7th April (unlikely with a Good Friday fixture to follow it)
    -21st April
    -28th April (both of these last two seem a bit late in the season to be realistic choices, these should be saved in case of later postponements for weather etc)

In conclusion I think there are five possible dates, some more realistic than others:

-28th January (2)
    -18th February (3)
    -10th March (1)
    -21st April (4)
    -28th April (5)

where 1 is most likely and 5 is least likely.
  • Options

Phillips
    Williams
    Green - Hemed
    And Taylor back 
  • Options
    Seeing as Matt Southall said that HE was hoping to get down to The Valley by the end of the month it can only be the 28th Jan.

You heard it here first.