Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Agree. 50pts is what we need. But just to be safe let's get 42 points from our next 14.
  • Options
    Win the next 2 home games and we can start our planning for next season.
  • Options
    You have to aim at 53 and take it from there. 
  • Options
    As rough as it's been, things have been actually getting a bit better for some time.
    Since Christmas we've had 10 matches. Winning 3, drawing 2 and losing 5. That's 11 points from 10 matches, 1.1 points per match. 
    Just checked it’s 12 points from last 10 games
    so with 6 points from the last 3 games or 7pts from the last 4 games that’s where the real improvement is  , not the last 10 games because from the previous 7 games we had 6 points or 5 points from the previous 6 ! 

• Options
    Always aim for more. 
  • Options
    Anyway  , my relegation moodswings are in full flow.
    Since last night I’ve been convinced we’re safe
    then it’s we’ll lose to Blackburn , Luton will then be a massive fixture before our trip to the massives and Huddersfield and these teams won’t be changing half a team before they play us and before long we’re right back amongst it .
    Stating the most obvious thing of all time but going in to all the games now I can genuinely see all 3 results possible every game , we’re not that good and we’re not that bad .... 
    which will definitely be enough for us to be safe 

87%   13th-21st ..........................13%   Relegation

• Options
    As rough as it's been, things have been actually getting a bit better for some time.
    Since Christmas we've had 10 matches. Winning 3, drawing 2 and losing 5. That's 11 points from 10 matches, 1.1 points per match. 
    Just checked it’s 12 points from last 10 games
    so with 6 points from the last 3 games or 7pts from the last 4 games that’s where the real improvement is  , not the last 10 games because from the previous 7 games we had 6 points or 5 points from the previous 6 ! 

Okay, that's fine, but even more makes my point. Even if you inlclude some of the poor form from earlier, we are still on pace to stay up. If we play just how we have the last 7, we might wind up mid-table.
  • Options
    A win and a clean sheet - feeling a lot less worried now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still think Wigan will get out of trouble. 

We need to drag more teams into trouble who might not be able to cope with the pressure.  Hull are the ones who could really drop now.  
  • Options
    Points per game stats for struggling sides are always a bit skewed by a single win, so I wouldn’t rely on them too much.

It’s only February, things can change. I remember the season we went down, as Colin Warnock came in and did a miracle to keep Rotherham? up.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Let's be honest, there is only one relegation spot up for grabs. Luton and Barnsley are done. 
    Not necessarily. Still 45 points for Luton and 42 points for Barnsley to play for with 10 and 9 points up to the line.
    Anything can happen and if Luton gets anything from either their game against the Massives or Boro, they will be up for it against us in a few weeks time at The Valley.
  • Options
    As there appears no correlation in our last two displays: bottom 3 performance against Stoke, yet a mid table performance against Forest with a worldy goal,  so we need to see how the Blackburn and Luton games pans out to see if we are potential 10th to 16th or if the home game go pear shaped, 19th to 22th ?  I would imagine the former as long as the majority stay fit.
  • Options
    4 points from luton and Blackburn would be fine, just cant have luton turning us over twice in a season. 
  • Options
    Take out Millwall (for obvious reasons), Leeds & Brentford and we have a much better run of fixtures until the end of the season compared to the sides around us 
  • Options
    With a third of the season still to play, I wouldn't completely write off Luton or Barnsley ........ but they've got to put some sort of run together soon or they're busted. They know that. But it depends on the morale in their dressing room. They've no time to waste.

Wigan recently showed what 2 back-to- back wins can do ...... they went from being bottom to giving themselves a chance, in the space of a week. And with a very fortunate late equaliser last night which will boost confidence, they'll believe they've still got a chance. 

Relegation threatened teams often come to life in the run in, so write off any of one of them at your peril.
    But they can't all escape.

• Options
    Win as many at home as possible, pick up the odd bonus point or, like last night, points away from home.

It's very much in our own hands with Luton and Wigan still to visit The Valley. That said it's Charlton, there's plenty of twists in the plot to come yet. We never do things the easy way.
  • Options
    If we go down it will be because we deserve to. I think we’ll squeak out of it but it’s going to be very close.
  • Options
    We have a proper squad now and some 'winnable' fixtures remaining - it is down to the players now. After last night the players must feel lifted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I personally think Hull are bang in trouble, their fans must be massively deflated after losing their 2 best players (Bowen being the best player in the Championship this season for me). Also QPR losing Wells is a huge loss for them

I think Stoke will ease clear of the pack and we will be left with Luton, Barnsley, Wigan, Us, Huddersfield, Boro, Hull, QPR & Reading as the 9 fighting it out
  • Options
    For a change, Forest had their two main strikers missing, and we had our main striker playing and our other main striker on the bench. About time we had some fortune. I believe they were injured and not rested like a couple of other Forest players which the Manager admitted was a mistake. 

We have had a weakened team since mid September so it's good to see that other teams struggle with important players missing ( Grabban + Ameobi) 
  • Options
    Anyway  , my relegation moodswings are in full flow.
    Since last night I’ve been convinced we’re safe
    then it’s we’ll lose to Blackburn , Luton will then be a massive fixture before our trip to the massives and Huddersfield and these teams won’t be changing half a team before they play us and before long we’re right back amongst it .
    Stating the most obvious thing of all time but going in to all the games now I can genuinely see all 3 results possible every game , we’re not that good and we’re not that bad .... 
    which will definitely be enough for us to be safe 

87%   13th-21st ..........................13%   Relegation

I’m not having we beat forest because they made changes. So did we! No Williams, pratley or green plus sarr coming in and purrington making way for Dougherty. It’s a squad game now, they rotated theirs and we rotated ours. We won fair and square 
    We made changes cos we were shit at Stoke , they made changes because they had a couple of injuries and rested players for their next game , that’s the difference in the reason for changes 
  • Options
    I hope no gets too carried away by this win. That was a weekend Forest team and they still had more possesion and shots than us. I am very happy we got the 3 pts. But not confident that playing this way we can win often enough to stay up. The team seem incapable of dominating the opposing side, as evidenced by most of a few wins being by 1 goal.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    With a third of the season still to play, I wouldn't completely write off Luton or Barnsley ........ but they've got to put some sort of run together soon or they're busted. They know that. But it depends on the morale in their dressing room. They've no time to waste.

Wigan recently showed what 2 back-to- back wins can do ...... they went from being bottom to giving themselves a chance, in the space of a week. And with a very fortunate late equaliser last night which will boost confidence, they'll believe they've still got a chance. 

Relegation threatened teams often come to life in the run in, so write off any of one of them at your peril.
    But they can't all escape.

Or on the flip side Wigan may have won two games back to back but they're still 4 points inside the relegation zone, 2 wins back to back aren't enough when you're as far adrift as they were.

Luton and Barnsley I don't see getting out of it.

Then the last place is between Stoke, Huddersfield, us, Boro, QPR, Reading, Hull.

The big difference is it's not a case of it'll be 3 teams from 4 it looks like it'll be Luton, Barnsley and then 1 from 7 for the last spot.

As it stands I'm thinking Wigan or Hull for the last place and us safe by a good 9-10 pts.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    I hope no gets too carried away by this win. That was a weekend Forest team and they still had more possesion and shots than us. I am very happy we got the 3 pts. But not confident that playing this way we can win often enough to stay up. The team seem incapable of dominating the opposing side, as evidenced by most of a few wins being by 1 goal.
    Leeds, Brentford, 4 points against Fulham and wba. It’s the way bowyer sets the team up and without the injuries, we would have picked up more points. I might be wrong but we’ve only lost two games by more than 1 goal