Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

1212223242527»

Comments

• Options
    Even if we overtake Hull, one or both of Barnsley or Luton could overhaul us
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Can’t quite believe this. Who would of thought 2 weeks ago we would be in this position. We have no luck whatsoever last year Millwall survived with 44 points (40 would have been enough).  This year could be 50 plus. 
    I’d say we are very lucky pretty much the whole league is very weak hence everyone’s getting points off each other 
    Not really true. We'd be much better off if there were 3-4 awful sides.

2 years ago 42 points would've kept you up. 44 points was enough for 5th bottom.
    Last year 41 points would've been enough.

We have 39 points with 9 games to go and looked totally doomed.
    It's only of use having 3/4 awful sides if you aren't one of them! 
  • Options
    Given our lamentable performances in the last three games, I think that our only realistic chance of staying up is to win at Hull and thereby edge ourselves out of the bottom three; either that, or Wednesday being given a minimum 12 point deduction. 

I doubt that we'll get anything at Cardiff, Brentford or Leeds and none of the remaining four home games will be easy. If we can stay within 2 or 3 points of Wigan (which looks unlikely at present) we may be able to leapfrog them going into the final match of the season but I'm afraid it's all looking rather grim.

Sarr and Lockyer will bolster the defence and Taylor and Bonne are a decent strike force. The problem remains the lack of creativity in midfield. Bowyer and his management team see the players everyday in training, so it's difficult to gainsay their assessment of them, although maybe the time has come to give Morgan and/or Oztumer a run in the side. Morgan can see and make a 30 yard pass, Oztumer is a proponent of 'pass and move' and both of them carry a goal threat (albeit neither has yet got off the mark). 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Need to play 442:

Phillips 
    Matthews Lockyer Sarr Purrington
    Green Morgan Cullen Ozzy
    Taylor Bonne

subs: Amos Oshilaja Williams Aneke Doughty Hemed McGeady
  • Options
    Plenty more twists to come I think, we'll pick up a few unexpected wins as will others. It'll go down to the Wigan game 
  • Options
    Need to play 442:

Phillips 
    Green Morgan Cullen Ozzy
    Taylor Bonne

subs: Amos Oshilaja Williams Aneke Doughty Hemed McGeady
    This, except...
    Phillips
    Cullen,Pratley,Williams,Doughty
    Taylor Bonne

Whilst not being able to sleep last night i watched highlights of Hulls last 2 games, and they look wide open down the right side of defence, thats why Doughty should start.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need to pay 3-5-2.

Phillips
    Sarr Pearce Lockyear
    Doughty Williams Pratley Cullen Green
    Bonne Taylor

This would keep us up
  • Options
    Hull is absolutely MASSIVE.

There's no way I'm going up for it though.
  • Options
    EFL has failed to convince the independent disciplinary panel that Birmingham were in breach of their agreed financial arrangement after last season's 9 point penalty situation.
    If EFL can't do simple arithmetic and dick about bringing a meritless case against brum, there's the square root of fuck all chance they'll make anything stick on Wednesday or Stoke or anybody else.
    Not fit for purpose.
  • Options
    Hull is absolutely MASSIVE.

There's no way I'm going up for it though.
    Grow some and get yourself the fuck up to Hull and support your Team . . . Now is not the time to shit yourself . . . . COYR 
  • Options
    FYI... We're still staying up!! ;)
  • Options
    I am going to show support to Bowyet and the players. I fear this could be one of the last away games played by a Charlton Athletic team.
  • Options
    Is the last of our worries