Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    If you extrapolate the last 5 results to get the next 10 results (just as good or bad a way as any other :D )

Luton 34 + 2*10 = 54
    Barnsley 34 + 2* 9 = 52
    Middlesbrough 38 + 2*1 = 40
    Stoke 39 +2*5 = 49
    Charlton 39 + 2*6 = 51
    Wigan 40 + 2*11 = 62
    Hull 41 + 2*1 = 43
    Huddersfield 42 + 2*7 = 56

Thus relegating Boro, Hull and Stoke!

I don't think this will happen, but Luton, Barnsley and Wigan have the best current form of all the strugglers
  • Options
    The problem we have is our defensive isn't good enough to play that way.
    Yup. And the other problem is that it is boring as hell to watch. 
  • Options
    Has anyone actually seen Forest play well? Everytime I see them, they are utter garbage.
    Forest are the most overrated team in this league. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Didnt Smith used to play for us?
  • Options
    It's a complete waste of time trying to predict the bottom 3.
    This is the most unpredictable league in my memory.
    There's only one certainty and that is we won't beat Millwall or is it ?
    We’ll beat em 4-0 and still get relegated knowing us 
  • Options
    Has anyone actually seen Forest play well? Everytime I see them, they are utter garbage.
    Shows how bad this league is really.

They've won 7 games since November and are still comfortably in the play offs.
  • Options
    After checking Wiki, no, he didnt.
    However, he has an interesting background, he's English, born to a Scottish father,French mother, and educated in America.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was Michael Smith, doing a decent job at Rotherham
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51736806

Nothing new but a decent article on the BBC website about the relegation struggle
  • Options
    We are down - no way we are going to stay up 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    IAgree said:
    All hangs on next week for me. If we somehow manage to get above Hull we have half a chance as they're just as shit as us. Though I still expect Barnsley and Luton to pick up points and get closer to us. 
    Really hope you are right but based upon recent performances and today it’s difficult to to see how this is going to be turned around. Add in the fixture list and we are grasping at straws.

Today was the must win game and we didn’t 

Been an all round shit start to the decade imo
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Talal said:
    IAgree said:
    All hangs on next week for me. If we somehow manage to get above Hull we have half a chance as they're just as shit as us. Though I still expect Barnsley and Luton to pick up points and get closer to us. 
    Really hope you are right but based upon recent performances and today it’s difficult to to see how this is going to be turned around. Add in the fixture list and we are grasping at straws.

The only glimmer of hope is that Hull fans will be saying exactly the same.

2 points in 11 games, conceding 29 goals. 

Whichever side scores first next weekend will probably win as opposition heads will inevitably drop.
  • Options
    Chris_from_Sidcup said:Whichever side scores first next weekend will probably win as opposition heads will inevitably drop.
    totally agree , except if it’s us 
  • Options

From Instagram
  • Options
    It is the Charlton way that Maddison or McGennis will score the winner against us

And that Millwall will send us down
  • Options
    Chris_from_Sidcup said:Whichever side scores first next weekend will probably win as opposition heads will inevitably drop.
    totally agree , except if it’s us 
    Don’t give the ball to Naby, he may attempt a back pass into the net 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is the Charlton way that Maddison or McGennis will score the winner against us

And that Millwall will send us down
    You have forgotten that they get to the play offs and get promoted
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Talal said:
    IAgree said:

Whichever side scores first next weekend will probably win as opposition heads will inevitably drop.
    They might well have let in 29 (and scoring just 9 in the process) but we haven't scored in 3 games. We lost to a poor Sheff Wed side who lost 5-0 today. We just don't score enough goals, which mainly stems from the fact we dont shoot enough or have enough attacking threat. Until this changes we will continue to huff & puff but not put the ball into the back of the net.

Hull will win next week because their manager will tell them to get at us......and ours will tell our players to keep it tight.
  • Options
    Can’t quite believe this. Who would of thought 2 weeks ago we would be in this position. We have no luck whatsoever last year Millwall survived with 44 points (40 would have been enough).  This year could be 50 plus. 
  • Options
    Moo said:
    Can’t quite believe this. Who would of thought 2 weeks ago we would be in this position. We have no luck whatsoever last year Millwall survived with 44 points (40 would have been enough).  This year could be 50 plus. 
    I’d say we are very lucky pretty much the whole league is very weak hence everyone’s getting points off each other 
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Talal said:
    IAgree said:

They might well have let in 29 (and scoring just 9 in the process) but we haven't scored in 3 games. We lost to a poor Sheff Wed side who lost 5-0 today. We just don't score enough goals, which mainly stems from the fact we dont shoot enough or have enough attacking threat. Until this changes we will continue to huff & puff but not put the ball into the back of the net.

Hull will win next week because their manager will tell them to get at us......and ours will tell our players to keep it tight.
    Agree. Hull can just follow the same game plan every team has followed for the past three months against us. And we still have never found an answer to it. 
  • Options
    The relegation trap door is well and truly open now, yesterday’s performance was utter shit. Being at home we should have taken the game to boro as they were there for the taking but we do not have a clue how to attack teams as a team, there’s no support in attacking situations and no idea what to do with the ball except lump it up top and hope we get a break..the formation just doesn’t work as we don’t have the quality, Bowyer needs to take the team back to basics, change the formation otherwise we are heading in one direction. 
  • Options
    It's a complete waste of time trying to predict the bottom 3.
    This is the most unpredictable league in my memory.
    There's only one certainty and that is we won't beat Millwall or is it ?
    We’ll beat em 4-0 and still get relegated knowing us 
    And it will be behind closed doors so we won’t even be able to gloat about it.
  • Options
    Moo said:
    I’d say we are very lucky pretty much the whole league is very weak hence everyone’s getting points off each other 
    Not really true. We'd be much better off if there were 3-4 awful sides.

2 years ago 42 points would've kept you up. 44 points was enough for 5th bottom.
    Last year 41 points would've been enough.

We have 39 points with 9 games to go and looked totally doomed.
  • Options
    Hull have let in 16 goals in last 5 games,9 in last 2, scoring 6 themselves (including 4 in one game v Swansea).
    They will likely be in a darker place than us confidence wise right now.
    Another positive is they have Magennis, who cant hit a cows arse with a banjo, let alone score any goals (cue hat-trick now), plus we may have both Lockyer and Sarr back.
    The only hope we have is to at least get a draw against them next week, and after maybe hope we can nick a win from somewhere, when Hull cant- and they go into freefall.
    Another possibility is getting a win, and getting Wigan sucked back into it. If we do win, that is going to be a dagger to the heart to Hull even deeper than the dagger we were dealt yesterday.
    Really clutching at straws here though-A big ask with the way we are playing right now.