Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    stoke an huddersfield lose good results
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    stoke an huddersfield lose good results
    Not only did they lose but Huddersfield lost by 3. Their GD isnt getting any better.
  • Options
    Key games this weekend:

Hull v Swansea
    Cardiff v Wigan
    Charlton v Blackburn
    Middlesbrough v Luton
    Fulham v Barnsley
    Derby v Huddersfield
    QPR v Stoke
    Sheff Weds v Reading
  • Options
    Win Saturday then I think we just need to beat luton and Wigan at home and we are home and dry! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Three wins certainly gets us close, no matter who we beat to get them.
  • Options
    Beautiful midweek results , beautiful , blood pressure levels lower , relegation mood swings slowing down and closer to disappearing.....and breath 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Win Saturday then I think we just need to beat luton and Wigan at home and we are home and dry! 
    Luton too far away, no real threat to us even if we were to lose to them.
  • Options
    If we don't stay up given our current position it will be a massive disappointment. 12 points from our last 14 should make us safe.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Sky table on telly this morning 
    BBC sport app , both have us on differing points / goal difference.
  • Options
    7 points from last 12. 2 clean sheets in last 4. Those are the numbers which make me feel very positive. Need to be looking for 50+ points.

15 points from the next 14 is achievable target.
  • Options
    If the EFL don't bottle it Wednesday could enter calculations soon as their case to be concluded this month.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:
    If the EFL don't bottle it Wednesday could enter calculations soon as their case to be concluded this month.
    What about Birmingham too?
  • Options
    Would be good but I wouldn't rely on the old farts in grey suits to turn into caped crusaders! Let's get the job done ourselves, it's firmly in our own hands 😉.
  • Options
    oldbloke said:
    What about Derby? ..... there's some dodgy dealings being investigated too.

• Options
    Key games this weekend:

Hull v Swansea
    Cardiff v Wigan
    Charlton v Blackburn
    Middlesbrough v Luton
    Fulham v Barnsley
    Derby v Huddersfield
    QPR v Stoke
    Sheff Weds v Reading
    Hull are struggling, but Swansea aren't in great form either, draw
    Tough game for Wigan, Cardiff win
    Tough game for us as Blackburn are a decent side, draw
    I'd be happy with a draw to keep Boro in it
    You'd expect Fulham to win BUT they can sometimes struggle against the lower sides
    Wayne Rooney's Derby are really good at home, you'd expect an easy win for them
    Hard to call, I'd be happy with a draw
    Wednesday aren't playing well, wouldn't be surprised if Reading win
  • Options
    Agree with most of that. Hopefully the forest game will give us confidence and we get a win on Saturday. I really don't think the gap between the higher sides and lower sides is that great and it is more about home advantage and form.  Wednesday were so bad yesterday, maybe we will see a reaction. I think Boro will beat Luton but I would be happy with a Luton win. I think I mindset should be overtaking the teams above us in range rather than fearing those a fair number of points below us.
  • Options
    You a you can forget about the EFL cracking down hard on either Sheffield Wednesday or Birmingham. The grey suited old farts won’t bite the hand that feeds them too hard. Nice days out at Hillsborough and St. Andrews board rooms. 
  • Options
    You a you can forget about the EFL cracking down hard on either Sheffield Wednesday or Birmingham. The grey suited old farts won’t bite the hand that feeds them too hard. Nice days out at Hillsborough and St. Andrews board rooms. 
    Wouldn't any points deductions be for the start of next season, anyway?

If so and we do stay up, it would be good to have a head start over 2 or 3 teams
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    oldbloke said:
    What about Derby? ..... there's some dodgy dealings being investigated too.

They're okay since Rooney joined.
  • Options
    Wouldn't any points deductions be for the start of next season, anyway?

If so and we do stay up, it would be good to have a head start over 2 or 3 teams
    I think so which is a bit silly. If a team is considered to have cheated, it has given itself an unfair advantage against teams this season and teams could go down because of it. 
  • Options
    There is a cut off point in the season when points deducted are applied to the following season.. which why some teams punished for going into receivership had points deduction applied in the following season.
  • Options
    Birmingham had 9 points deducted last season and it was immediate, not rolled over to the start of this season.
    That punishment was imposed in March, so I don't see why any potential punishments this season wouldn't be immediate

Wednesday will be the interesting one as the punishment could be...massive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/05/championship-war-fear-feuds-lost-points/
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    There is a cut off point in the season when points deducted are applied to the following season.. which why some teams punished for going into receivership had points deduction applied in the following season.
    I seem to recall the cut-off is 31 March, but I could be wrong (it has been known!).
  • Options
    Birmingham had 9 points deducted last season and it was immediate, not rolled over to the start of this season.
    That punishment was imposed in March, so I don't see why any potential punishments this season wouldn't be immediate

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/05/championship-war-fear-feuds-lost-points/
    If the rumours earlier in the season about the potential size of the points deduction are true then the massives would be down.
  • Options
    And it could happen again.

No wonder they've suddenly decided to get their act together and win some matches!

• Options
    bobmunro said:

If the rumours earlier in the season about the potential size of the points deduction are true then the massives would be down.
    I seriously can't see them picking up many more points on the pitch. I was more frustrated watching them on Wednesday than I was us on Saturday and I didn't really care if they lost. You could see Luton were crap and they were about 3 notches below crap.
  • Options
    Birmingham will get a maximum 3 point deduction.