Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    A nine point deduction for both would still see them out of the relegation places but both below our current points.
  • Options
    Key games this weekend:

Hull v Swansea
    Cardiff v Wigan
    Charlton v Blackburn
    Middlesbrough v Luton
    Fulham v Barnsley
    Derby v Huddersfield
    QPR v Stoke
    Sheff Weds v Reading
    IF we win at home on Saturday....

It is not inconceivable that we could well be NINE points above the relegation spot ( also superior GD), regardless of what all of the other teams around us do.

Bottom three have very hard games and all away.

On the other hand.....

• Options
    Birmingham had 9 points deducted last season and it was immediate, not rolled over to the start of this season.
    It was also a punishment of virtually zero effect. They may as well have fined them ten grand.
    Ive said this before, but I still don’t understand why more fan groups aren’t massively pissed off about this and screaming about it to the media.
    Utterly pointless and farcical that they got a points deduction that was almost certain to have little or no influence on their chances of promotion or relegation. And so it proved.
  • Options
    I see Hull City dropped more points tonight drawing 4-4 at home to Swansea. Could have been better for us though as their equaliser came in second half injury time.
  • Options
    I see Hull City dropped more points tonight drawing 4-4 at home to Swansea. Could have been better for us though as their equaliser came in second half injury time.
    Just 2 points from 7 games for Hull but they're 11 clear of Wigan so i think they'll be ok. Wigan have won 7 games all season and need 4 wins just to overtake them. 
  • Options
    There will be other teams sucked into this, personally we will be fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Yes, it is easy to get sucked in. We are still in, to be honest, but are now in a position to get out of the gravitational pull. Instead of looking below us, we should be looking at the teams immediately above us. If we get past and pull away a bit from them we should be alright.
  • Options
    We will be fine provided Taylor and Cullen remain fit for the remainder of the session. Obviously it’s not just about them but they are our most influential players during the game. Due to injuries we have only played ten games with them both on the pitch together and have picked up 21 points from those games. Whilst last Saturday at Stoke was awful, our form over last 4 games since both back from injury is looking good. Hopefully this is an indicator to how the rest of the season will go.
  • Options
    Awks said:
    We will be fine provided Taylor and Cullen remain fit for the remainder of the session. Obviously it’s not just about them but they are our most influential players during the game. Due to injuries we have only played ten games with them both on the pitch together and have picked up 21 points from those games. Whilst last Saturday at Stoke was awful, our form over last 4 games since both back from injury is looking good. Hopefully this is an indicator to how the rest of the season will go.
    Amazing stat... Only Stoke have beaten us when both Taylor and Cullen have played...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, it is easy to get sucked in. We are still in, to be honest, but are now in a position to get out of the gravitational pull. Instead of looking below us, we should be looking at the teams immediately above us. If we get past and pull away a bit from them we should be alright.
    If we get past the teams above us and pull away a bit, it's impossible to get relegated.
  • Options
    It is impossible to get relegated when you have more points than the bottom three can achieve. We could get another couple of wins and look safe, then lose some players to injury and go on a terrible run again.
  • Options
    Definitely. Blackburn are no mugs and if Wigan pull off a surprise away win like they did at Leeds recently, then we're panicking again.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Hull's new £1.5million striker, signed in January, is out for the rest of the season after being injured in his first training session.  
  • Options
    Hull's new £1.5million striker, signed in January, is out for the rest of the season after being injured in his first training session.  
    We should sign him in the summer. 
  • Options
    Did the presence of Magennis and Madisson Charltonise him?
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    We should sign him in the summer. 
    Now would be more fitting , on loan till the end of the season 
  • Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
  • Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    Yup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    I dont share your optimism. Luton up next. They've just won their last 2 & are on a bit of a roll. When was the last time we recorded back to back wins....?
  • Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    I dont share your optimism. Luton up next. They've just won their last 2 & are on a bit of a roll. When was the last time we recorded back to back wins....?

• Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    Wouldnt call two 1-0 wins a bit of a roll, their 2 wins have come against 2 teams who are in freefall atm, yes its been 2 good wins for them but we are still 6 points above Luton.

Why do we need to record back to back wins we have 36 points 4 more wins will give us safety with a couple of draws thrown in, we could win on Saturday then every 3rd game and I reckon that would be enough to keep us up lol.

Only once in the last 6 years has a team gone down with over 50 points 
  • Options
    I dunno what it is, maybe its Bowyer.

But I can honestly say there is not one part if me that thinks we will get relegated I am 100% confident of survival 
  • Options
    I dunno what it is, maybe its Bowyer.

But I can honestly say there is not one part if me that thinks we will get relegated I am 100% confident of survival 
    I'm not 100% confident but i'd certainly say i'm at about 80-90%. I think we'll be ok and that the bottom 3 are much worse.

BUT..............lose to Luton and we're in the shit. Then i'd say it's 50-50.
  • Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    I'm delighted they won away today

Their away record is dreadful and Charlton are just the sort of team to end that bad away run for them

Now they've done it against Middlesbrough the question is can they win three on the trot and a second away from home

My answer is no!!
  • Options
    Something has changed for Luton. 1 clean sheet all season and now suddenly 2 in a row. Not sure if that's down to new personnel, a change in formation, luck etc. And the game before that they narrowly lost 1-0 to a late goal v Cardiff.
  • Options
    I watched Luton v Sheff Wednesday and Wednesday are the worst side I have seen this season by some distance. 
  • Options
    I watched Luton v Sheff Wednesday and Wednesday are the worst side I have seen this season by some distance. 
    Comfortably beat us.