Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    Apparently the weekly wage for an AVERAGE Championship player is between £7,500 - £8,500. Really can't see the new regime paying this. Therefore, unless our injured players return and w start scoring goals - and stop conceding so many - prepare for relegation.
  • Options
    WBA not doing us any favours this evening losing against Stoke. We cannot keep relying on other teams being rubbish. They will catch us up soon. 
  • Options
    The way things are going I expect us to go down - things haven't really picked up. We're down to the bare bones...
    Quite agree, what we need are new owners who recognise we're in shit street. Forget about a fucking 5 year plan, worry about a here & now !!!
  • Options
    Six points the gap after that result.

The better players are back in the side and we compete with a top team in the league. Surprise, surprise.

Worth repeating what some have said all along: we will be fine.
    Indeed we will. 
  • Options
    We should be fine, a first clean sheet in forever and a decent performance to boot 

Lose the next game and it'll be panic stations ....
    Win the next game then it's cigars at dusk

1 win in 17 still scary but tonight was a big boost to our survival chances

if we can guarantee no more injuries then safety would be a cert but we can't 
  • Options
    We SHOULD be fine, yes. As long as there are no unexpected setbacks to returnees, or God forbid a currently fit player gets injured. 

Six points at this point is not too bad a buffer but if one of the current bottom three suddenly start stringing a good run of form together then we will be hanging on by May unless we start picking up wins from somewhere l.
  • Options
    Beat Barnsley its game over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Williams, Cullen and Taylor stay fit we should start winning games.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Beat Barnsley its game over
    Not quite. But it will put decent distance between us and them.

A team almost every season will be safe with 50 points.
    That's a target of say, 5 wins and 5 draws.

It should be well within our reach, given a fair wind with injuries during the rest of the season.

• Options
    Anyone who doesn’t think we are not in danger of relegation is just kidding themselves. 
  • Options
    Anyone who doesn’t think we are not in danger of relegation is just kidding themselves. 
    There are currently 7 teams in potential danger of relegation.

Of that, there are five teams more at risk than us. 
    Oh I agree we’re not alone but until and unless the wins start coming we will remain in that pack. 
  • Options
    There are currently 7 teams in potential danger of relegation.

Of that, there are five teams more at risk than us. 
    But we can’t be complacent about that.
  • Options
    What is it now. Seventeen without a win ? Regardless of our injury crisis that is bloody worrying.
  • Options

There's a chance it will rain every day this year until Christmas. 

Right now, we've a better chance of avoiding relegation than all the teams below us.
    It's comfortably in our own hands.

• Options
    I fancy stoke to finish above us and i'm pretty confident we'll stay up providing no one leaves or anymore injuries 
  • Options
    I fancy stoke to finish above us and i'm pretty confident we'll stay up providing no one leaves or anymore injuries 
    Sky Sports showed a stat regarding Stoke's form (e.g. Goals Conceded | Goals Scored | Number of Passes all that bullshit and what rank they were in the entire League)

Tried to take a Screenshot for on here but under Michael O'Neill they were in the top 5 / 10 for pretty much everything listed

Very astute appointment - Just look at how it worked out for Northern Ireland under him, they'll end up comfortably in mid-table
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are still a long way from safety, tonight was a good result, but getting results against the better teams hasn't been our problem, it's against the lesser teams where we've been poor.
  • Options
    I am feeling much more comfortable after that... Cullen just steadied the ship... 
  • Options
    It was a decent result but we can’t get complacent and assume now everything is ok.... we still need ESI to get 4 decent top players for this level in. We need to replace Gallagher, Kayal and Leko for starters. We still haven’t won in an age.

saying we are confident we are staying up and in no trouble is essentially saying you’re confident we will beat Barnsley as that’s the starting point of making ourselves comfortable really
  • Options
    Results against Barnsley and Luton at home will see us with quite a gap. 

Confident after a 10 day break we may get some players in and even last night we looked a lot better. 
  • Options
    We need 5
    another 20pts to be safe, it looks like that type of season when safety is at the higher end of the safety points range.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    We need 5
    another 20pts to be safe, it looks like that type of season when safety is at the higher end of the safety points range.
     Not really.

I'd be surprised if it's not a season where 45 does it. Feel free to bookmark this to point it out to me in future.
  • Options
    We still need about three decent players in as a few injuries and we can't afford to go through another spell like we have done. That is assuming it is nearing its end.
  • Options
    We still need about three decent players in as a few injuries and we can't afford to go through another spell like we have done. That is assuming it is nearing its end.

I make it 4: left back, Pratley-like midfielder (when is Field back?), Gallagher's replacement, striker
  • Options
    Just a general observation but notice that Barnsley are set to sign their third Austrian player this month and second from Wolfsberger (Struber's old team that he guided to the Europa League) - Part of me questions if thats the right approach, after all we saw when we got relegated from the Championship last time we had plenty of talent in Fanni | Motta | Teixeira... Surely it would be better to rely on players who know English Football and dont have to worry about adapting too?

Reckon if Barnsley do even up failing to avoid the drop then that'll be their undoing