Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Surely even if the Sheiks were brothers it shouldn’t make the slightest difference. If the funding is separate which I’m sure ESI will be.
    Not necessarily about funding, more about a conflict of interest. 

Scenario - May 2021, last game of the season, Charlton guaranteed to finish 7th, Man City away at Charlton, needing 3 points to guarantee the title, you can see why they need to avoid any future issue!
    But that's about one owner doing the other a favour. I would suggest that is more likely where the two respective owners are not in any way connected, otherwise suspicion is raised automatically.

Didn't/doesn't stop convenient 0-0 draws happening on the last day of Serie A! 
    That's true, but surely you are more likely to do a relative a favour? I cannot imagine Mike Ashley getting a call from David Gold and doing the same. The suspicion may be there but it would be nigh on impossible to prove. Although thinking about it, wouldn't the Premier League be involved in that too as it's potentially their issue rather than the EFL. 

There's also the possibility of Man City giving us first refusal on players and vice versa. 

Not saying either of the above would happen but you would have to imagine it's something they have to consider. I doubt the conflict of interest is solely down to the source of the funds. 
      How I see it. If there is any sort of a family tie then we could be on shaky ground
    Not sure if that's deliberate but shouldn't that be "Sheikhy" ground?
    bobmunro said:
    Surely even if the Sheiks were brothers it shouldn’t make the slightest difference. If the funding is separate which I’m sure ESI will be.

Scenario - May 2021, last game of the season, Charlton guaranteed to finish 7th, Man City away at Charlton, needing 3 points to guarantee the title, you can see why they need to avoid any future issue!
    But that's about one owner doing the other a favour. I would suggest that is more likely where the two respective owners are not in any way connected, otherwise suspicion is raised automatically.

That's true, but surely you are more likely to do a relative a favour? I cannot imagine Mike Ashley getting a call from David Gold and doing the same. The suspicion may be there but it would be nigh on impossible to prove. Although thinking about it, wouldn't the Premier League be involved in that too as it's potentially their issue rather than the EFL. 

There's also the possibility of Man City giving us first refusal on players and vice versa. 

Not saying either of the above would happen but you would have to imagine it's something they have to consider. I doubt the conflict of interest is solely down to the source of the funds. 
      How I see it. If there is any sort of a family tie then we could be on shaky ground
    Not sure if that's deliberate but shouldn't that be "Sheikhy" ground?
    Our boy Lyle can’t spell shake either 😂. Instagram/ Twitter 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    Didn’t matter with Roland and his son in Belgium.
    st trudien was his son’s name and liege Roland.

Not correct, his son owns Ujpest. It was STVV that he made over to his wife. However, that's an important precedent too. He only made it over to his wife because STVV were getting promoted to the same division as Standard, and he was expecting trouble then from the other top clubs.

It does though then raise the question as to whether the EFL would even have a City link within their remit to consider. The FAPL is outside their jurisdiction. If Charlton were to be promoted, its no longer an EFL issue, but one for the FAPL. That's how ridiculous our system is. If it were the FA, or a regulator looking at such conflicts, it would be a different matter. 

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Not convinced about relationships being the issue - it would be funds from the same source that would concern them.

If my eldest bought Charlton and my youngest bought Palace (to liquidate them) then I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem as long as they could prove they were not both using my money.
    Been another good year for Bet365? 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Not convinced about relationships being the issue - it would be funds from the same source that would concern them.

If my eldest bought Charlton and my youngest bought Palace (to liquidate them) then I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem as long as they could prove they were not both using my money.
    Been another good year for Bet365? 
    "Bet365 boss Denise Coates has received a £323m payday, confirming her position as the UK's best paid executive in 2019"

She's had worse years i guess.
  • Options
    Richard Murray is known as Richard Murray obdyonski I believe at CH
  • Options
    "It is my opinion that Al Nasirat changed his name at some point when he moved to UAE"

He was born in the UAE, and aside from the years he studied in the US, he's always lived there.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    "It is my opinion that Al Nasirat changed his name at some point when he moved to UAE"

He was born in the UAE, and aside from the years he studied in the US, he's always lived there.

Do you have any evidence to back this up? why is his nationality Syrian? also, have you found any evidence of his time in the US? It would be very helpful.
  • Options
    Who is John Hirst?
  • Options

Why Syrian then?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is John Hirst?
    He's on the ADBD website
  • Options
    Who is John Hirst?

Another trusted person of Nimer
  • Options

Why Syrian then?!
    I'm going to assume you're English and so are your parents. If you'd been born in Abu Dhabi to your English parents what nationality would you class yourself as?
  • Options
    Chris Gascoine

Chris Gascoine(Real Estate, Planning, Property investment, Projects)

Tahnoon Nemer

Tahnoon Nemer(Abu Dhabi Relations, Projects, Recruitment services)

Jacco van Seventer

Jacco van Seventer(Commodities, Planning, Projects)

Nick Alexander

Nick Alexander(Commodities, Finance, Planning, Funds)

John Hirst

John Hirst(Commodities, Finance, Planning, Investments, Structures)

Bipin Vernekar

Bipin Vernekar(Recruitment services, Projects, Planning)

Colin Wright

Colin Wright(FM, Retail, Projects)

Marc Freeman

Marc Freeman(Real Estate, Planning, Development)

Sally McQuillan

Sally McQuillan(Human Resources)

Seren Zetterstrom

Seren Zetterstrom(Marketing)

• Options

Why Syrian then?!
    I'm going to assume you're English and so are your parents. If you'd been born in Abu Dhabi to your English parents what nationality would you class yourself as?
    DUH of course. what an idiot lol

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @77redarmy77
    I did similar yesterday, I am fairly certain he is genuine.

You know he could have been born in the UAE to Syrian parents.

Al Nasirat to Nimer or Nemer as it is sometimes spelt (that poster in Goa) is the bit I was most unsure of. I would assume his name change may have been a way to leave his past behind him. An understandable move for people of wealth from Syria given the political situation there over the last twenty plus years. 

He could actually be Tahnoon Nimer Al Nasirat. 

A bit of research shows there was a refugee camp once called the "Al Nasirat Camp" but that appears to be to do with Palestine... Couldn't find much more than that though.
  • Options

Do you have any evidence to back this up? why is his nationality Syrian? also, have you found any evidence of his time in the US? It would be very helpful.
    His profile on ADBD says a lot of this. Could be lies but i don't see why he would lie.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I think he should send Seren over for crunch talks with me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it is very important given the latest shit we are living through to fact check all this crap - I won't waste my time with Matts crew. I'm still not convinced or have seen any evidence that Nimer has substantial wealth - Just because you work for people or associated with them doesn't mean you have the same wealth. I also can't find any mention that the family he works for wants to get into football except the young guy - which let's face it, we are now 4 levels down the ladder. how much can he have?
  • Options

His profile on ADBD says a lot of this. Could be lies but i don't see why he would lie.

if you look at Zulfiqar Ghadiyali, he is proud of his Uni in the US on linked in - I would have thought Nimer would have similar. it is a strange thing IMO - you can create a website and write whatever you want about yourself - hardly fact-checked.
  • Options
    I think it is very important given the latest shit we are living through to fact check all this crap - I won't waste my time with Matts crew. I'm still not convinced or have seen any evidence that Nimer has substantial wealth - Just because you work for people or associated with them doesn't mean you have the same wealth. I also can't find any mention that the family he works for wants to get into football except the young guy - which let's face it, we are now 4 levels down the ladder. how much can he have?
    Doesn't he manage their finances though? Not sure what the rules are out there, but doesn't he just invest thier money to make a return? Meaning, he's basically worth whatever they're willing to trust him with.
  • Options

Why Syrian then?!
    Fair point. I guess it's just suspect given the 10 weeks of bullshit we have just experienced. 
  • Options
    @AppyAddicks word that he has wealth.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    There's also this guy, Zulfiquar GhadiyaliAbout-me who seems to have a smiler role to Nimer. 

I can't see where Nemer/Nimer has his own wealth. I'd guess he's investing on behalf of  Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan and/or Sheikh Tahnoon bin Saeed bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan. 

• Options
    Doesn't he manage their finances though? Not sure what the rules are out there, but doesn't he just invest thier money to make a return? Meaning, he's basically worth whatever they're willing to trust him with.

Again there is no evidence to support that other than items he has written himself. Again look at Zulfiqar Ghadiyali job description when he held the same as Nimer but for another member of the fam.:

CEO
    Company Name
    Private Office of Sheikh Tahnoon Bin Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan
    Dates Employed Apr 2017 – Dec 2019
    Employment Duration 2 yrs 9 mos
    Location Abu Dhabi
    Overall in charge of Business and international collaborations

This is Nimers:

Chairman
    Company Name
    The Private Office of HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohd. Al Nahyan
    Dates Employed Apr 2006 – Present
    Employment Duration 14 yrs
    Location Al Ain, Abu Dhabi

We support emerging businesses expanding into the United Arab Emirates. Sponsorships directly with HH Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoun Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan.

Strategically we partner directly at government levels in many different countries and territories. Oman, Saudi Arabia, Georgia, Egypt, Kuwait and many parts in Africa. Filtering strategic alliences gives us the cutting edge focus and direction.

Many strategic alliences have succesfully been formed in sectors as Insurance, Oil & Gas, sports and television, Aviation, commodities, leisure, shipping and other transport, to name but few.

The second largest Arab economy the UAE prides itself in diversifying its economy away from just oil. Non oil sectors now account for 70% of UAE’s GDP. More than 5000 UK Companies are now established in the UAE. Our diverse economy is continually growing and expanding. We are the entry route to other GCC countries. We seek, develop, and capitalise on new opportunities.

Neither have any mention of managing family funds.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    @AppyAddicks word that he has wealth.

Can he then provide visual proof of this? Nimer cant seem to.
  • Options

if you look at Zulfiqar Ghadiyali, he is proud of his Uni in the US on linked in - I would have thought Nimer would have similar. it is a strange thing IMO - you can create a website and write whatever you want about yourself - hardly fact-checked.
    True he could write whatever he wanted, but i think it's highly unlikely a guy over here in a senior role at a private office for a Sheikh isn't well educated.

It's been discussed on this site before that many of the guys involved, Nimer, Hirst, Heller, van Seventer have all done a fair degree of cleaning up their internet presence. There isn't much to be found about many of them really, just bits and pieces.