Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    The office. Lol

You can see Canary Wharf from your office if you work at Billingsgate Market - don't mean you're CEO of a bank and not a fish monger though.
  • Options
    I would say on the balance of probabilities this is one big fraud.
    Nimer could be dragging it out to remove any remaining funds from Charlton's accounts.

Whatever anyone else says I still come back to the point I've made numerous times.

If Nimer is an upstanding businessman, why would he travel from Abu Dhabi to Romania to set up business with the mastermind of a $667M money laundering and bribery scheme ?

Whether Flaurico got off on a technicality and or because he gave evidence against all the others he roped into the scheme is neither here nor there to me.
    Agreed. As usual the truth probably lies somewhere between the two sides of the story. Neither TN or MS are probably quite as bad as the other side says, but that doesn't mean they aren't still wrong-uns. My gut tells me we should hope they are both as far away from our club as possible and asap.

• Options
    Sadly you're probably right, but it's the hope that kills. 
  • Options
    The longer pinky and perky are connected to Charlton the deeper the hole becomes, I fear.
  • Options
    @WishIdStayedinthePub

I'm especially interested in your remarks about Florica, since I am putting together a summary of public information on him, and sending it to a friend of a friend in Bucharest with an apparently similar profile to your mate. I expect the feedback will be very similar.

Having worked carefully through the available material, there are some things about the Florica back story in Romania which are now clearer to me and which I can safely describe  here.

There are actually two parallel court cases involving the fraudulent sale of Microsoft licences to the Romanian government, which are commonly referred to as Microsoft 1 and Microsoft 2. Florica is implicated in both. He escaped punishment in Microsoft 1 by becoming a prosecution witness. In Microsoft 2, the case has been halted on what could fairly be described as a procedural technicality. Based on what I have read, I would not describe him as "cleared" at all. (I could go into more detail on that, but because the language even in the English articles is often arcane, it is safer not to. For now).  Mr Mikhail claims he will be cleared, well, I look forward to that, and to hearing what Romania makes of the verdict in a very high profile case implicating several Government ministers.

Whatever else is unclear, it seems to me that Nimer has an unfortunate knack of hooking up with really unsavoury people. Firstly Southall himself. Secondly Florica. And now there is the photo of him having dinner with a nephew of Ceausescu, FFS. Mr Mikhail seems like a pleasant enough person, but in career terms you could only describe him as junior, at least in the context of someone supposedly managing £500m of assets. If that last point were true, would we not expect Nimer to surround himself with people from KPMG or Deloitte, both here and in Bucharest, rather than Matt Southall's lawyer and a bloke who administered the Bucharest amateur football leagues?. 

I am now rooting for the ex-directors' bid to halt the whole thing. They are the only people in this saga with a record of integrity when it comes to stewardship of our club.
    He's promised to do some more digging; I'll keep you informed.
  • Options
    @WishIdStayedinthePub

I'm especially interested in your remarks about Florica, since I am putting together a summary of public information on him, and sending it to a friend of a friend in Bucharest with an apparently similar profile to your mate. I expect the feedback will be very similar.

Having worked carefully through the available material, there are some things about the Florica back story in Romania which are now clearer to me and which I can safely describe  here.

There are actually two parallel court cases involving the fraudulent sale of Microsoft licences to the Romanian government, which are commonly referred to as Microsoft 1 and Microsoft 2. Florica is implicated in both. He escaped punishment in Microsoft 1 by becoming a prosecution witness. In Microsoft 2, the case has been halted on what could fairly be described as a procedural technicality. Based on what I have read, I would not describe him as "cleared" at all. (I could go into more detail on that, but because the language even in the English articles is often arcane, it is safer not to. For now).  Mr Mikhail claims he will be cleared, well, I look forward to that, and to hearing what Romania makes of the verdict in a very high profile case implicating several Government ministers.

Whatever else is unclear, it seems to me that Nimer has an unfortunate knack of hooking up with really unsavoury people. Firstly Southall himself. Secondly Florica. And now there is the photo of him having dinner with a nephew of Ceausescu, FFS. Mr Mikhail seems like a pleasant enough person, but in career terms you could only describe him as junior, at least in the context of someone supposedly managing £500m of assets. If that last point were true, would we not expect Nimer to surround himself with people from KPMG or Deloitte, both here and in Bucharest, rather than Matt Southall's lawyer and a bloke who administered the Bucharest amateur football leagues?. 

I am now rooting for the ex-directors' bid to halt the whole thing. They are the only people in this saga with a record of integrity when it comes to stewardship of our club.
    He's promised to do some more digging; I'll keep you informed.
    Just sent you a PM
  • Options
    CAFCDB said:
    I can’t work out why Nimer would blow the lid on the operation when he was just as bad as Southall 
    That's simple Southall realised there was no cash and started looking for other investors. Tahnoon went mental.
    This. Posted exact same thing on the main Shenanigans thread a little earlier. 

I think MS & TN were scamming each other. MS wanted to get into football & somehow got locked onto TN & thought he was legit. Once takeover got approved MS thought he'd made it & started buying flats, cars and spouting off about super duper transfer phone, expecting the money to start rolling in. When it didnt he panicked & started looking for other investors. May have then got an inkling that TN want the man he had been led to believe he was & when source of funds wasnt approved it was confirmed.

Btw - if the letter purporting to be from a Middle Eastern bank was supposed to have been used to satisfy the EFL enquiries then I can see why we are where we are. I think AML rules are a tad stricter nowdays than rocking up with "a letter from my bank manager" and hoping you'll pass.
    Especially where the letter says that the balance on account is UP TO $50 million. It could be £4.50
  • Options
    Can we move all this speculation on to the shenanigans thread as a lot of the recent stuff has nothing to do with AD royalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @WishIdStayedinthePub

BINGO !
    Thanks, it's what I've been saying since shortly after the spat became public.
    Although you have written somewhat more comprehensively.
    Well done.
  • Options
    Tahnoon accepted my invite to connect on LinkedIn, having been through his whole feed there are several things of concern. Others have pointed out in Arabic that he is a fraud. Cheese seller in Alexander Egypt. A fake certificate issued by a government official with a Gmail address. Also 1billion dollar investment in hungry, only place this is mentioned is his LinkedIn feed, yeah rite.

• Options
    @Dazzler21i presume you already know al this?
  • Options
    What are people's thoughts on whether or not Nimer is related to the Sheikh.

If the report from Romania is correct and he is the illegitimate son of a Sheikh, does that make this fella his Dad or his Brother...or someone else?
  • Options
    Sounds like the start of that song you hear at the Valley.
  • Options
    All together now...

Taaaaaahnoon Nimer's illegitimate,
    He ain't got no birth certificate

:smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2020

If the report from Romania is correct and he is the illegitimate son of a Sheikh, does that make this fella his Dad or his Brother...or someone else?
    Have seen pretty good evidence of Nimer's daughter being married to the Sheikh"s son, but not this report you refer to about him being the illegitimate son of a sheikh (not sure why inwould matter either- smells a bit like Trump' s claim that Obama wasn't a US citizen).
  • Options
    Can you share this?
  • Options
    I'm not on LinkedIn but I've just perused Jacco Van Seventer a profile. There used to be mention of ADBD on it as well as Emirates focus. I can't see ADBD mentioned on it now. The latter remains?
    Can anyone confirm?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jacco-van-seventer-92137970
  • Options
    I'm not on LinkedIn but I've just perused Jacco Van Seventer a profile. There used to be mention of ADBD on it as well as Emirates focus. I can't see ADBD mentioned on it now. The latter remains?
    Can anyone confirm?

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jacco-van-seventer-92137970
    It appears to be as you say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And the Emirates focus website.

http://www.emiratesfoucs.ae

Another empty vessel. And when get on there and click it takes you straight to the currently defunct ADBD website.
  • Options
    And the Emirates focus website.

http://www.emiratesfoucs.ae

Another empty vessel. And when get on there and click it takes you straight to the currently defunct ADBD website.
    Did you notice it spells out Emirates Foucs ?
    Well they definitely fouced us.
  • Options
    Very odd and differs from the original emirates focus website which is also down.

http://www.emirates-focus.com/

• Options

Like The Adams Family song?
  • Options
    Very odd and differs from the original emirates focus website which is also down.

And none of these websites look remotely like they originate from a wealthy and successful business. Its not as if they dont know how out there. I was looking at his bank's website and its all very smooth and swish. Getting a shit hot design costs peanuts for a big business. But of course, as with any advertising, if you have nothing to say, that you can back up, there's no point in briefing top web design agencies. I wouldnt be surprised to learn he knocked these up himself.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

And none of these websites look remotely like they originate from a wealthy and successful business. Its not as if they dont know how out there. I was looking at his bank's website and its all very smooth and swish. Getting a shit hot design costs peanuts for a big business. But of course, as with any advertising, if you have nothing to say, that you can back up, there's no point in briefing top web design agencies. I wouldnt be surprised to learn he knocked these up himself.
     Quite. I'd be intrigued to know what the Sheikh thinks of this? Perhaps he's in on it?
    I'm sure I read on here that these private offices are just a cover up for the real flow of mostly unethical cash that flows through parts of the middle East.
  • Options
    I think it more likely that Nimer has been had over and has been told to extricate himself from the mess as soon as possible. 
  • Options
    I think it more likely that Nimer has been had over and has been told to extricate himself from the mess as soon as possible. 
     But ADBD has made no reference to CAFC ever as far as I'm aware?
     Nimer is the only link but if they want to disassociate Nimer from CAFC why shut down the ADBD and Emirates focus websites?
  • Options
    Maybe he has been lent on?
  • Options
     But ADBD has made no reference to CAFC ever as far as I'm aware?
     Nimer is the only link but if they want to disassociate Nimer from CAFC why shut down the ADBD and Emirates focus websites?
    Because a search of Nimer links him to those companies.