Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan

Comments

• Options
    Surely even if the Sheiks were brothers it shouldn’t make the slightest difference. If the funding is separate which I’m sure ESI will be.
  • Options
    Surely even if the Sheiks were brothers it shouldn’t make the slightest difference. If the funding is separate which I’m sure ESI will be.
    that's how I understand it, as long as it's the individuals wealth their relationship doesn't matter.
  • Options
    Not necessarily about funding, more about a conflict of interest. 

Scenario - May 2021, last game of the season, Charlton guaranteed to finish 7th, Man City away at Charlton, needing 3 points to guarantee the title, you can see why they need to avoid any future issue!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    It's a difficult one.
    Nimer is on the payroll of the sheikh. If the money he receives from that payroll is in any way used to finance the club are we then in conflict of interest territory?

I would hope not. 
    If Warren Glazer bought a slazenger sweatshirt from Sports direct could Man utd be accussed of being in cahoots with Newcastle united?
  • Options

Scenario - May 2021, last game of the season, Charlton guaranteed to finish 7th, Man City away at Charlton, needing 3 points to guarantee the title, you can see why they need to avoid any future issue!
    But that's about one owner doing the other a favour. I would suggest that is more likely where the two respective owners are not in any way connected, otherwise suspicion is raised automatically.

Didn't/doesn't stop convenient 0-0 draws happening on the last day of Serie A! 
  • Options
    Surely these successful people have got as far as they have in life by knowing what is needed to get a contract over the line. 
    All just noise I think. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

But that's about one owner doing the other a favour. I would suggest that is more likely where the two respective owners are not in any way connected, otherwise suspicion is raised automatically.

That's true, but surely you are more likely to do a relative a favour? I cannot imagine Mike Ashley getting a call from David Gold and doing the same. The suspicion may be there but it would be nigh on impossible to prove. Although thinking about it, wouldn't the Premier League be involved in that too as it's potentially their issue rather than the EFL. 

There's also the possibility of Man City giving us first refusal on players and vice versa. 

Not saying either of the above would happen but you would have to imagine it's something they have to consider. I doubt the conflict of interest is solely down to the source of the funds. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

That's true, but surely you are more likely to do a relative a favour? I cannot imagine Mike Ashley getting a call from David Gold and doing the same. The suspicion may be there but it would be nigh on impossible to prove. Although thinking about it, wouldn't the Premier League be involved in that too as it's potentially their issue rather than the EFL. 

There's also the possibility of Man City giving us first refusal on players and vice versa. 

Not saying either of the above would happen but you would have to imagine it's something they have to consider. I doubt the conflict of interest is solely down to the source of the funds. 
      How I see it. If there is any sort of a family tie then we could be on shaky ground
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Not convinced about relationships being the issue - it would be funds from the same source that would concern them.

If my eldest bought Charlton and my youngest bought Palace (to liquidate them) then I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem as long as they could prove they were not both using my money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Not convinced about relationships being the issue - it would be funds from the same source that would concern them.

If my eldest bought Charlton and my youngest bought Palace (to liquidate them) then I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem as long as they could prove they were not both using my money.
    Do you reckon? Maybe you're right but personally I would be shocked if it wasn't an issue. Mainly because of other teams in the League and their complaints. Sheffield United would definitely be up for going to court again!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

How I see it. If there is any sort of a family tie then we could be on shaky ground
    Bit like Roland owning Charlton while his wife owned St Truiden and his son Ujpest and players moved between them.  EFL response?  Zero.

Up to Man City who they loan players to.

May not be pertinent now, but when we are 22 points clear of Chelsea at the top of the PL and have just knocked Liverpool out of the CL their Lawyers will be heavily scrutinising the day his excellency took over little old CAFC!
  • Options
    They might be Liam & Noel type brothers. All they have to do now is have a fight and put it on YouTube
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Or Sheikhy ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/04ABUDHABI4586_a.html

Quite a bit of info here on how things run in AD.
    I've only scoured through but I think our man ( or not really our man if you're reading EFL!)
    Has been bumped out of the top table for being less educated and a bit of a dinosaur. 
  • Options

I've only scoured through but I think our man ( or not really our man if you're reading EFL!)
    Has been bumped out of the top table for being less educated and a bit of a dinosaur. 
    He should fit in well. 
  • Options

If I have read this properly, it seems his father has been ousted for being less formally educated and he's been removed too.  (Rather than our man being ousted for that reason). 
  • Options
    Chizz said:

If I have read this properly, it seems his father has been ousted for being less formally educated and he's been removed too.  (Rather than our man being ousted for that reason). 
      I think that's our man. Says he's in his sixties which judging by the pictures is about right.
    His old man would be in his 80's wouldn't he?
  • Options

You do realise that this document dates back to 2004?

That was a lifetime ago so far as Abu Dhabi is concerned.
  • Options
    So we’ve got the ostracised skint ones skinter son , shock horror
  • Options
    Chizz said:

I think that's our man. Says he's in his sixties which judging by the pictures is about right.
    His old man would be in his 80's wouldn't he?
    I think our man is the younger one
  • Options
    Is he not our man at all?
  • Options
    Didn’t matter with Roland and his son in Belgium.
    st trudien was his son’s name and liege Roland.

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Must admit, I’d find it concerning if I was a supporter of another club but, having not read this full thread, can I ask just how closely are they related?
    if at all?