Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan

Comments

• Options
    Correct.  You have an extra 'tahnoon bin' there indicating he is junior, as stated earlier.
    Until we find out Charlton or ESI have issued wrong information or an Arabic expert comes along, I am standing on my belief it is the older guy.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Older one. No-one else has so far demonstrated it's his son/ nephew.  Sure the younger one looks more like a footballer and some people would like to imagine it's him, but it is not him.
      Disagree. The younger one is the first person you see on the Abu Dhabi Business Development website.
    Wrong private office. The chairman of our sheikh is Tahnoon Nimer.
      So this site:
    https://privateofficeabudhabi.com/

Is nothing to do with our man?

And this is not he?
    https://privateofficeabudhabi.com/the-private-office/sheikh-tahnoon-bin-saeed-bin-tahnoon-al-nahyan/
      The older guy is his Grandad.
    Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan

No mention of that name in the club statement.

It clearly mentions
    Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan
    (See link above)
  • Options
    Don't follow you there @carly burn
    Maybe take a look here, https://adbd.ae/ and the 'ESI what do we know' thread. Our sheikh"s name is given in the thread title and statement from ESI. The grand-parent doesn't cone into it.
  • Options
    Maybe take a look here, https://adbd.ae/ and the 'ESI what do we know' thread. Our sheikh"s name is given in the thread title and statement from ESI. The grand-parent doesn't cone into it.
      That's not him. It's all in the spelling of Tanoon. 
    Your guy is Tanoun. Club website states the former.
  • Options
      Ignore me. I'm talking bollox. The club have spelt his name wrong though.
  • Options
    We'll just call him Dave
    That's a stupid name. 
    that's not very nice
    Honesty often isn’t. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Older one. No-one else has so far demonstrated it's his son/ nephew.  Sure the younger one looks more like a footballer and some people would like to imagine it's him, but it is not him.
      Disagree. The younger one is the first person you see on the Abu Dhabi Business Development website.
    Wrong private office. The chairman of our sheikh is Tahnoon Nimer.
      So this site:
    https://privateofficeabudhabi.com/

Is nothing to do with our man?

And this is not he?
    https://privateofficeabudhabi.com/the-private-office/sheikh-tahnoon-bin-saeed-bin-tahnoon-al-nahyan/
    This looks like the bloke who was in Crossbars, tho' dressed differently.

Edit no, I need my eyes tested!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    According to Cawley, the chap in Crossbars & in the directors' box today was Matt Southall, so is irrelevant to the question of which Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan is which!
    According to the Official Site, Matt Southall will be Chairman, subject to EFL approval.

The majority shareholder of East Street Investments is named as His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer, who will be a Director.  
    One of his other rolls is Chairman of Abu Dhabi Business Development, the private office of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan.  I do not see in this statement anything to suggest the Sheikh is financially involved in the takeover - although of course it is possible he is a minority shareholder since these are not named on the official site.  So discussions about him seem to me to be a bit of a red herring at present.
    For me means one of two things:
    Nimer is Director on his own accord, has his own fortune and wants to get involved with a Football Club
    OR; Nimer is the front and its Nahyan that now owns the club from the shadows similar to what we saw from Kevin Cash
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
      Ignore me. I'm talking bollox. The club have spelt his name wrong though.
    Hmmm, not a very auspicious start, is it? I hope amidst this laxity we've actually got the right people lined up; some prober billionaires and not just someone who found a tenner on the floor of his local supermarket.
  • Options
    Serious question: Are we minted or not ?
  • Options
    More minted than a box of after eights.
  • Options
    I hope so as I've been telling everyone who would listen that we are the second richest club in the UK. 
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    According to Cawley, the chap in Crossbars & in the directors' box today was Matt Southall, so is irrelevant to the question of which Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan is which!
    According to the Official Site, Matt Southall will be Chairman, subject to EFL approval.

The majority shareholder of East Street Investments is named as His Excellency Tahnoon Nimer, who will be a Director.  
    One of his other rolls is Chairman of Abu Dhabi Business Development, the private office of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan.  I do not see in this statement anything to suggest the Sheikh is financially involved in the takeover - although of course it is possible he is a minority shareholder since these are not named on the official site.  So discussions about him seem to me to be a bit of a red herring at present.
    For me means one of two things:
    Nimer is Director on his own accord, has his own fortune and wants to get involved with a Football Club
    OR; Nimer is the front and its Nahyan that now owns the club from the shadows similar to what we saw from Kevin Cash
    Personally I doubt a Chairman of a company has @£100M to spend on a football club.
    If he spent that sort of money it would probably leave him potless.
    I'm confident he is the front man as were Slater & Jimenez.
    The real money man is the Sheikh. I'm just not certain who is the Sheikh.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Our prospective new directors work for the Private Office of Sheikh Saeed Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan. 
    Man C are owned by Sheikh Mansour.
    Newcastle U's proposed £350M takeover this year was by Sheikh Khaled, who lives in Dubai but is a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family and a cousin of the Man C owner.
  • Options
    If it is the younger Sheikh he describes football as one of his main interests and his favourite city as London.

Whilst he cites Knightsbridge as his favourite area of London I'm sure he will grow to love Woolwich.
    Roland said look at all this land here near Knightsbridge definitely worth £60m 
  • Options
    Tahnoon Nimer is the chairman of the the older sheikh"s private office. 
    There is nothing to link the younger sheik except wishful thinking. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019

Apart from the fact there is a picture of Tahnoon Nimer with the younger sheikh in the video posted earlier on the ESI thread?
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Apart from the fact there is a picture of Tahnoon Nimer with the younger sheikh in the video posted earlier on the ESI thread?
    The video of the interview with T.Nimer at the investor conference? That is the older sheikh I am referring to. This chap:

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/--said-bin-tahnoun-uses-self-packing-in-adnoc-and-pays-tribute-to-citizens-working-at-the-station-.ByieZjENX.html
  • Options
    OK, if it wasn't that video, I've definitely seen a pic of the two of them together - will try and find it again!
  • Options
    Gawd I'm confused, all I want to know is how much money is there and gimme.!
  • Options
  • Options

Why wishful thinking? The older one is worth 10 billion... Our guys work for his private office, the younger guy has less money and a different name
  • Options
    Thought it was £150billion?
  • Options
    Thought it was £150billion?
    That’s the family isn’t it, not necessarily our owners?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    So we just want a photo of the sheikh, in a current Charlton shirt, holding up his bank statement? Surely he’ll be fine with thdt

or

we could just wait and all will come out in due course
    What nonsense is this

;0)