Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Callumcafc said:g
    Search 'Lee Bowyer' on twitter and the comments are split 50/50 between giving him massive credit for the result and taking the piss out of his "maths teacher" jumper.
    I love that jumper. I was disappointed that it's not in the club shop.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Blucher said:

What a magnificent point and a great atmosphere from our supporters, who thoroughly out sung the assembled fund managers. We oiled the vocal cords watching the rugby at our local, the Sussex Arms in Twickenham and had time for a quick one near Putney station. 

An excellent first half from our lads and a thoroughly deserved half time lead. Bowyer’s tactical plan was spot on and, as well as stifling Fulham’s attacking efforts, we looked very dangerous and threatened throughout. A great cross from JFC, a cushioned header from Chris Solly and a lovely finish from Connor. As with Leeds last Saturday, our much vaunted opponents felt compelled to introduce two substitutes for the second half - what a tribute to Lee’s tactical acumen and the team’s application.

The second half was a different story, as Cairney started to control the midfield and Fulham’s expensive wingers hugged the respective touchlines, apparently on instructions to run the chalk lines. We responded superbly to going behind and, whilst I initially thought it was a Mitrovic own goal (how sweet would that be ?), I am reliably informed that it was a lovely header from Macauley. Well deserved for a very good performance, with good movement, pace and some decent headers against their two big centre halves.

It was then largely backs to the wall stuff, save for Leko’s deflected effort, and I thought that the side showed tremendous grit and determination to hold onto the point after Mitrovic’s equaliser. Naby struggled a little out of position against Cavaleiro, a winger for whom Fulham have reportedly an option to buy for £14million. I believe they have paid a £4million loan fee for Knockaert, with an option to buy. Plus, of course, £26million for Mitrovic etc., etc

A couple of magnificent saves from Dillon, especially the last one - and not forgetting his great stop just before Mitrovic equalised. A goalkeeping performance to rank with the best in recent years.

Elsewhere, Pearce - our Alpha Beast -  Lockyer (what a signing - a cross-breed of Peter Reeves and Chris Perry) and Chris Solly were excellent, while Pratters broke up play repeatedly. Our midfield performed extremely well and Jonny Williams gave them no end of trouble in the first half. Up front, Bonne worked hard and ran intelligently. 

Enjoying a few cleansing ales in Barnes en route home. Talking to a few Fulham supporters in the pub and they are undecided about Scot Parker as manager. He has a tough gig there with a bunch of highly-strung, overpaid prima donnas, plus the big expectations of the moustachioed devil, Shahid Khan. The contrast with our players could hardly be greater - what a great bunch they are - and led by a great manager.

Fingers crossed for an injury free international break. 18 points thus far is a superb return.

Great report 
    Yes, except for the unnecessary reference to rugby.
  • Options
    I'M FUMING.

Got back to the station to find one of my BLUE trainers is now RED and the bottom of my trousers too. All because of a flare. Went off right by me & must have been on the floor next to my foot.

Well done guys. Hope you're proud of yourselves. 

Not going to post about the game. Too fucked off.

That'll teach you to drive to the game :p
    Blue and Red = Palace!!!!!!! Burn him!
    Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    So 4 points from Leeds, Swansea and Fulham which is 4 more than I expected and a superb effort from the lads.  

An observation though;  Against the Swans we were done by a ref who bottled at least one and maybe more penalty decisions in our favour and today we were done by the lino on an offside goal.  But for officials mistakes we could have had 7 points!
  • Options
    Macronate said:

How long are your jeans or are you wearing them round your arse to show of your CK?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'M FUMING.

Got back to the station to find one of my BLUE trainers is now RED and the bottom of my trousers too. All because of a flare. Went off right by me & must have been on the floor next to my foot.

Palace scum
    It's all very well joking about this but Golfie has spent the last 3 years having eye operations and generally had lots of sight problems. You won't be laughing when one away match someone gets blinded. It could be you or your brother. Whoever is doing these flares is more scum than Palace and Millwall combined.
  • Options
    Surely a flame would have burnt him and he would have known it was there .
    im guessing it was smoke bomb , I don’t think there would be a flame involved 

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Technically Mitrovic was offside initially.

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    Yes Mitrovic was slightly offside.
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I’m not really sure why people are downplaying this.
    I know the result was a good one in context and both Seth and Chris made great points in their posts, but the goal was purely and simply offside. “Technically” and “Slightly” don’t come into it.

Apologies for coming across as a bit obsessed...  :#
    This really annoyed me. He wasn't technically offside, he was offside. I saw he was offside on the first replay. The linesman should have seen it, it was clear. 

Good to see Sky having an all-Charlton line up.
    That is a major part of the assistant referee's job. It wasn't as if his big toe was off, it was most of his body FFS! It should have been picked up and the fact that it wasn't is extremely poor. 

I hate VAR but ….

Would like VAR lite. Just a couple of guys watching on TV and a quick word in the refs ear "offside mate - no goal".

15 seconds MAX to correct simple errors.

No fuss - no breaks in play - just get it right when everybody in the stadium and on TV can see that the officials have missed something!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well recently someone said that flare is now a generic term for everything including bangers. Besides, since when is getting burnt ok! And who wants smoke when you're trying to watch a match? The whole thing is getting like Palace f...ING ultras
  • Options
    You can do anything but don't flare on my blue suede shows!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Love Bowyer's school uniform jumper. Better than Parky's.

I think we should all buy a Lee Bowyer jumper and have a ‘Lee Bowyer Jumper Day’ where where we all wear it. Where can we get them from, anyone know? 
  • Options
    I like one of the replies below "i thought it was Charlton TV". I must admit i did wonder why they had both pundits (Taylor and Powell) with Charlton connections, surely they should have 1 from each club?

Not to mention Minto is ex-Charlton. Then they interview Bowyer for about 5 minutes pitchside, whilst Parker gets a couple of minutes in the tunnel. 

Great coverage for us, but if you were a Fulham fan you'd be a bit pissed off.
    Bit unfair that they fixed it for Fulham's manager to be ex-Charlton too.

Until Sir Chris became regularly available, we have had years and years of no Addicks representation on these panels, not Fulham's fault, but about 0.5% has been clawed back.   

Something or someone high up at Sky has definitely changed...  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well don't be so bloody boring then Fulham...   Stick to Michael Jackson statues.
  • Options
    What a good game of football. Goals, saves, two teams going for it, a bit of tussle between an big centre forward and a centre half.

It had everything bar a Charlton winner.

As with Swansea, we weren't as slick as Fulham but more than lived with them.

Two well crafted goals too but Philips rightly got man of the match.

Watched it in the working men's club with mates, a few of whom were writing off Bonne before the game. He's raw but he's only had a couple of starts and would normally be 4th choice.  He scored and flicked on Philips great distribution for the first.  Give him some time.

Williams have us something up top and we badly missed that late on. Gallagher ain't bad either, is he :-)

Satisfied with a draw but such are the expectations now that 10th is slightly disappointing. Reality is 10th in May would be a good season.

International break now so hope we can get Purrington, Kayel, Hemed and Aneke fit and Page and Taylor progress well.

Watching on TV I hope the American buyers were impressed. Couldn't have had a more Charlton panel than Minto, Taylor and Powell who were then joined by Bowyer after the game.
  • Options
    Great day out highlighted by the flare ending up underneath my seat ( no flame) and the steward telling me not to pick it up which when I did 
    :D 

sorry mate.
  • Options
    Watched in the Sports Bar at Victoria after picking up a new passport. I was the only person watching the match: rugby and BHA-Spurs on all the screens but one!
    It was a brilliant game, everyone played their part, great move for our first goal and what about that cushioned header from our new wing back!!
    Apart from the ridiculous yellow for Gallagher, we were spared the worst of Keith Stroud for a change.
    Will be delighted if we finish 10th, although I fear for what might happen during the next window.
    In Bowyer we trust.
    Come on you reds!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'M FUMING.

Palace scum
    It's all very well joking about this but Golfie has spent the last 3 years having eye operations and generally had lots of sight problems. You won't be laughing when one away match someone gets blinded. It could be you or your brother. Whoever is doing these flares is more scum than Palace and Millwall combined.
    Same happened to me as to Golfie at Portsmouth last year. Am sure it is great fun for those setting off smoke bombs and rolling them away from themselves. Not as much fun for those who suddenly find it right next to them on the floor, leaving colour dye on their shoes and clothes. Wait until it happens to you and see if you are laughing!