Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Did one of them swap with the assistant referee at half-time?
  • I'M FUMING.

Got back to the station to find one of my BLUE trainers is now RED and the bottom of my trousers too. All because of a flare. Went off right by me & must have been on the floor next to my foot.

Well done guys. Hope you're proud of yourselves. 

Not going to post about the game. Too fucked off.

That'll teach you to drive to the game :p
  • Williams could probably fit into Liverpool's style of play...so clever.
  • edited October 2019
    Agreed. It amazes me how refs miss so many of them. 
  • Davo55 said:
    ross1 said:
    You’ve come a long way, @Dillon_Phillips! #cafc

Fabulous photos. Those paired up, signed and framed would be a helluva auction prize!
    Especially as he was saying "fuck you Parker" in the second one...
  • I'M FUMING.

Got back to the station to find one of my BLUE trainers is now RED and the bottom of my trousers too. All because of a flare. Went off right by me & must have been on the floor next to my foot.

Brilliant ! 
    That’s cracked me up ...
    hope your trainer can recover in the washing machine 
  • seth plum said:
    Technically Mitrovic was offside initially.

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    Yes Mitrovic was slightly offside.
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I’m not really sure why people are downplaying this.
    I know the result was a good one in context and both Seth and Chris made great points in their posts, but the goal was purely and simply offside. “Technically” and “Slightly” don’t come into it.

Apologies for coming across as a bit obsessed...  :#
    This really annoyed me. He wasn't technically offside, he was offside. I saw he was offside on the first replay. The linesman should have seen it, it was clear. 

Good to see Sky having an all-Charlton line up.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Technically Mitrovic was offside initially.

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    Yes Mitrovic was slightly offside.
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I’m not really sure why people are downplaying this.
    I know the result was a good one in context and both Seth and Chris made great points in their posts, but the goal was purely and simply offside. “Technically” and “Slightly” don’t come into it.

Apologies for coming across as a bit obsessed...  :#
    This really annoyed me. He wasn't technically offside, he was offside. I saw he was offside on the first replay. The linesman should have seen it, it was clear. 

Good to see Sky having an all-Charlton line up.
    That is a major part of the assistant referee's job. It wasn't as if his big toe was off, it was most of his body FFS! It should have been picked up and the fact that it wasn't is extremely poor. 
  • Mitrovic lost it because Pearce was doing a good job on him. Ref should have noticed it brewing ( I thought it was totally one sided) and picked up on both of the two yellows, rather than the one, Mitrovic should have had. 
  • I'M FUMING.

You could always go in to the east stand toilets at the next home game - the overflowing urinals will soon turn them yellow and you will have matching trainers again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Or let off another flair next to the remaining blue one.....simples!
  • Golfie, don't worry; I'm sure flared trousers will be back in fashion one day. Just keep them until then.
  • Oggy Red said:
    I'm going to put in a shout for JFC.

Playing out of position and short of match sharpness, he put in a very decent performance during that first half - always willing to get forward and show as an outlet.

His searching far post cross set up our first goal; and then with another nearly nicked a goal himself with their keeper groping thin air.

Second half Fulham changed their shape, targeting and overloading him. But that's also the responsibility of team mates to help cover. Despite understandably tiring in the later stages, he gave it his best shot - and overall, a very decent effort playing out of position.

Well said - a fine performance, especially  for a guy who has only played two games this season. Well done Jake
  • JFC was brought in to do a specific job at left wing back. He did well. Parker would not have seen that coming. 
  • Phew. Great first half performance and a deserved lead. Fulham looked lethargic and one dimensional. Second half they were transformed, so happy with the draw. If we had conceded late on that would have been a real body blow. 

Great atmosphere in the away end, really weird though to have a non segregated concourse and turnstiles, home and away fans shared the same bars and toilets. Fine for us, but surely not if they're playing Millwall or QPR?

Struggled to entirely work out our formation, as sometimes it seemed like a flat back 4 with Naby at LB, but other times seemed more of a back 3 with JFC and Solly as the wing backs, or even a flat back FIVE with Pratley as a CB as he was so deep and central!. Their first goal did seem to partially arise due to confusion between Naby and JFC as to who should take the runner down our left.

Great for Bonne to get a "proper" goal, that's 2 in 3 now. Gallagher is pure class, combined with a great work ethic. The Chelsea loanee would have enjoyed scoring against Fulham!
  • Great result against one of our bogey sides. Their manager would have wanted our scalp. Very happy with a point. Some interesting results in the Championship today.  
  • I'M FUMING.

Brilliant ! 
    That’s cracked me up ...
    hope your trainer can recover in the washing machine 
    Trainers with flares? So retro...
  • Search 'Lee Bowyer' on twitter and the comments are split 50/50 between giving him massive credit for the result and taking the piss out of his "maths teacher" jumper.
    Could be worse, he could have pads on his elbows and be a geography teacher.
    Or no sleeves like a certain Mr Parkinson