Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham v Charlton - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I suppose I accept that it was indeed offside, and VAR would have ruled it out, but the officials were unable to see it, it was a very tight one.
  • Options
    Mitrovic is a dirty lump too. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Mitrovic is a dirty lump too. 
    Yes, but I would like him in our squad
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Technically Mitrovic was offside initially.

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    Yes Mitrovic was slightly offside.
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I’m not really sure why people are downplaying this.
    I know the result was a good one in context and both Seth and Chris made great points in their posts, but the goal was purely and simply offside. “Technically” and “Slightly” don’t come into it.

Apologies for coming across as a bit obsessed...  :#
    He was a mile offside - slightly offside - are you having a laugh? David Blunkett, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would all have seen that one!
  • Options
    Phillips MOM but Pratley was superb too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who we want in our squad is irrelevant when reviewing an individual game. He should have been sent off. 
  • Options
    CafcCrazy said:
    Phillips take a bow son. That’s a way to silence the critics.
    Does he have any ?

Brilliant performance from him today - even my SA mate said, wow he is one hell of a keeper - i told him he will be in England team in 3 years !
  • Options
    Stroud should have sent off Mitrovic for two yellows and goal was as clear an offside as you can get. Add to that 7 mins additional time with over 8 played and you have to ask serious questions of the officials who cost us 2 points today.
    Another injury within injury time added that minute
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sarr should have wiped him out. Especially as it was outside the area and he wasnt the last man. He doesn't convince me still. 
    Agree Naby should've fouled him outside the box, but so much praise to everybody  from Bowyer, JJ, coaching staff and all the fans. To take 4 points from 3 teams who were all tipped to finish in top 6 was an immense effort especially with 6 players injured and our top man Lyle still out.

Makes you proud.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sarr should have wiped him out. Especially as it was outside the area and he wasnt the last man. He doesn't convince me still. 
    Agree Naby should've fouled him outside the box, but so much praise to everybody  from Bowyer, JJ, coaching staff and all the fans. To take 4 points from 3 teams who were all tipped to finish in top 6 was an immense effort especially with 6 players injured and our top man Lyle still out.

Makes you proud.
    As Mitrovic showed earlier, Naby could have kicked his legs away and not even got a booking from that clown Stroud.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I know the result was a good one in context and both Seth and Chris made great points in their posts, but the goal was purely and simply offside. “Technically” and “Slightly” don’t come into it.

I would say that, technically, you were slightly obsessed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

I would say that, technically, you were slightly obsessed.
     :D 
  • Options
    Another fantastic performance against a virtual Prem that had 24 hours more recovery time from their previous game.
    Awful ref helped them too letting consistent nasty fouls go unpunished even those committed right under his nose!
    Bonne did very well and would definitely benefit from a more physical striker to partner him.
    However, all in all a great week after playing 3 top teams.
  • Options
    Search 'Lee Bowyer' on twitter and the comments are split 50/50 between giving him massive credit for the result and taking the piss out of his "maths teacher" jumper.
    Could be worse, he could have pads on his elbows and be a geography teacher.
  • Options
    If RD had any sense, he would be extending Bows contract right now.

Also, the Sky commentator reckons a new buyer for the club has come forward, and Roland is looking for £50m.
    £50m. F*****g lunatic.
    Not meaning to be picky EveshamAddick, but the price mentioned by the Sky commentator was actually  “in the region of £50,000,000”.
  • Options
    Predicted 3-0.....for once glad I was wrong... Been in new forest all day and had no access to a TV....... Well done sounds like boys were up for it.... 
  • Options
    If RD had any sense, he would be extending Bows contract right now.

Also, the Sky commentator reckons a new buyer for the club has come forward, and Roland is looking for £50m.
    £50m. F*****g lunatic.
    Not meaning to be picky EveshamAddick, but the price mentioned by the Sky commentator was actually  “in the region of £50,000,000”.
    That is quite picky. 
  • Options
    What an outstanding performance from the boys and our fans.
    And I got to see Minto, SCP & Lyle on my telebox.

Wonderful start to the weekend.

:smiley:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Chris_from_Sidcup said:
    “Technically offside”
    ”Slightly offside”

You're quite right. It was offside. You either are or you're not.

He was.