Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Haka

Comments

• Options
    ITT: White people getting angry and dropping C bombs after being called out.
    You must be drunk, I didn't insult the haka at all, in fact I asked if it should be protected from cultural appropriation by the New Zealand national team.

You then started being racist and didn't like it when you were called a bad name.
    When did I say my comment was anything to do with you? 

Honest question - when was I being racist?
    Pretty sure no one else dropped the c bomb.

Gammon is a clear reference to skin colour, Mr 1950s
    got called "kuntaddick". Got called a "fanny" - because apparently people still use that as an insult in the 21st century.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/emJyEa4z2Ec

This classic Haka is brilliant.
  • Options
    You must be drunk, I didn't insult the haka at all, in fact I asked if it should be protected from cultural appropriation by the New Zealand national team.

You then started being racist and didn't like it when you were called a bad name.

got called "kuntaddick". Got called a "fanny" - because apparently people still use that as an insult in the 21st century.
    Neither of those words begin with C....
  • Options
    Car crash of a thread.
  • Options
    This has been a fun read
  • Options

I don't think you're in any position to criticise insults 'gammon'.
  • Options
    Car crash of a thread.
    From start to finish.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6TRTBZUMM

This one's really quite something.
  • Options

Where does the tag "gammon" come from. Genuine question
    Dickens coined it in Nicholas Nickleby 

Here's the quote: 

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

Language evolves, just because a word was once not offensive does not mean it stays that way forever.
    Okay, well, why does it offend you?
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

Language evolves, just because a word was once not offensive does not mean it stays that way forever.

Couldn't agree more.

When the Crystal Palace was built as part of the Great Exhibition in 1851 it was revered by all who saw it.

Now the same phrase induces an overwhelming sense of disgust, so much so that it is truly vomit inducing. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Geezer having a cheeky little danger wank at 00:12
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Here's the quote: 

I think any term/insult referring to skin colour is wrong, doesn't matter if the victim is black/white/asian etc, same standards should apply to everyone.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    psychologically brilliant .. the opposition stand around watching the opposition winding themselves up .. as I mentioned on a previous post about the haka, the oppos should be allowed to bombard the ABs with rotten tomatoes during their 'war dance'
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

I think any term/insult referring to skin colour in wrong, doesn't matter if the victim is black/white/asian etc, same standards should apply to everyone.
    So why does it offend you?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If I was an opponent I would just turn my back on it. It's supposed to intimidatary......cant intimidate if you dont take any notice of it. 
    It's also a means of determining which of their opponents are brave, respectful warriors and which are trembling cowards.  Turning your back on it would help make that decision far easier. 

Doesnt make you a trembling coward if you turn your back......just tells them that it's a waste of time & an inconsequence. 
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

I think any term/insult referring to skin colour in wrong, doesn't matter if the victim is black/white/asian etc, same standards should apply to everyone.
    Do you have a problem with reading? Would it be ok if I called a black man a malteser, or an asian a banana?
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

Do you have a problem with reading? Would it be ok if I called a black man a malteser, or an asian a banana?
    Are you black, a malteser, an asian or a banana?
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

You were using it as a derogatory term  - that is what makes it offensive.
  • Options

Absolutely terrifying!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Here's the quote: 

You were using it as a derogatory term  - that is what makes it offensive.
    what was derogatory? White?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can’t believe how comfortable and in time they all look doing it.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

No, I'm white being called gammon, what's the difference between any of the examples? Nothing, you were being racist.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

No, I'm white being called gammon, what's the difference between any of the examples? Nothing, you were being racist.
    There's a pretty big difference between a white man calling a black man a maltesar and a white man calling another white man gammon. If you can't see that then... whelp.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

There's a pretty big difference between a white man calling a black man a maltesar and a white man calling another white man gammon. If you can't see that then... whelp.
    You're getting it all wrong today mate, didn't you read the memo? 
  • Options
    When did the All Blacks first Haka before a game?
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

Is it "lets post casually racist shit online" day again? If so, yeah i think i missed that one mate.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

But I have no idea of your skin colour, do i? Also, if you recall many deemed it racist when Ashley Cole (I think) called another black-man a choc ice, so whilst it might not be as bad, it's certainly not OK!

As some, like me, who lives as a minority, I would expect a little more sensitivity, sadly you seem lacking in that area, assuming the gender of an entire forum and racially sensitive language.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

Is it "lets post casually racist shit online" day again? If so, yeah i think i missed that one mate.
    No, it's not, so stop.
  • Options

Here's the quote: 

But I have no idea of your skin colour, do i? Also, if you recall many deemed it racist when Ashley Cole (I think) called another black-man a choc ice, so whilst it might not be as bad, it's certainly not OK!

As some, like me, who lives as a minority, I would expect a little more sensitivity, sadly you seem lacking in that area, assuming the gender of an entire forum and racially sensitive language.
    Funny your racial sensitivity doesn't extend to people who aren't white. Oh well. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!