Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Haka

Comments

• Options
    But gammon is pink not red.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    How do you like you gammon @kentaddick , with or without the pineapple?
  • Options
    Names of people that are angry i assumed their gender:

Dave
    Stu
    So because my parents gave me a male name I can only identify as a male? Are you from the 1950s?
    I had no idea you were made to register on this forum as your christian name? 
    I'm proud of my name, why would I not use it?

I have no idea? Maybe if you didn't identify with the gender its associated with? 
    So now you're going to tell me what names are appropriate for me to use? Amazing stuff. 

Here we should have a middle aged white man slowly realising he's actually been a bit sexist and ageist. Now, instead of apologising he simply gets defensive, huffy and red faced. A state known today as "being a massive c***".
    Ah, more name calling. Lovely stuff.
  • Options

Dave
    Stu
    actually, i pointed out that you had assumed "everyone's" gender. twice.
    cafcdave logic : Feel free to criticise and mock indigenous people's dances. But don't assume some one's gender on a predominately white male message board.

Righto.
    don't try and make me out to be the bad guy because you cant get your narrow little mind around the fact that some people in 2019 consider themselves non-binary.

• Options

Dave
    Stu
    So because my parents gave me a male name I can only identify as a male? Are you from the 1950s?

I have no idea? Maybe if you didn't identify with the gender its associated with? 
    So now you're going to tell me what names are appropriate for me to use? Amazing stuff. 

Here we should have a middle aged white man slowly realising he's actually been a bit sexist and ageist. Now, instead of apologising he simply gets defensive, huffy and red faced. A state known today as "being a massive c***".
    Oh, so it's ok for you to dish out the insults but can't take em back?

• Options

Dave
    Stu
    actually, i pointed out that you had assumed "everyone's" gender. twice.
    cafcdave logic : Feel free to criticise and mock indigenous people's dances. But don't assume some one's gender on a predominately white male message board.

Righto.
    don't try and make me out to be the bad guy because you cant get your narrow little mind around the fact that some people in 2019 consider themselves non-binary.

When did I ever say that people weren't? Bizarre.
  • Options

Cultural appropriation doesnt exist.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A simple question in the OP turns into a binary/non-binary, colonising racists, gender, age and race assumptions and all round bollox.

It's a sport - play f*cking rugby (a stupendously great game, Henners!) and leave the dancing to Len Goodman.

• Options

Dave
    Stu

When did i call some one a c word on this thread? 
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Dave
    Stu

When did i call some one a c word on this thread? 
    You assumed Dave to be a bloke. Now I know Dave very well, and so I also know that in doing so, you may aswell have called him a cunt
  • Options
    Its getting boring now.
  • Options
    ITT: White people getting angry and dropping C bombs after being called out.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's so hard to know what is and isn't cultural appropriation these days.
    I bloody hate that term.

Cultural appropriation is a compliment. Someone copies something from your culture because they enjoy it. That's a celebration of diversity ffs.
    Yeah, i mean why can't those indigenous people just let us take their shit? We like it, so why can't we have it?

I guess I should've guessed a thread about something in rugby was gonna be filled with gammon chortling about how funny ethnic minorities are.
    It was fun while it lasted, but you're trying to hard now.
    And here we have a middle aged white man slowly realising he's actually been a bit racist. Now, instead of apologising he simply gets defensive, huffy and red faced. A state known today as "gammon".

hahaha put your rod away. 'middle aged'..cheeky little Kuntaddick.
    I'm sorry but you're on a wind up.

No way anyone born after 1980 is called Gary.
    What a weird and pathetic insult. Get a life you sad little man 
    Tbf its the only funny thing he's said on the whole thread.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's so hard to know what is and isn't cultural appropriation these days.
    I bloody hate that term.

Cultural appropriation is a compliment. Someone copies something from your culture because they enjoy it. That's a celebration of diversity ffs.
    Yeah, i mean why can't those indigenous people just let us take their shit? We like it, so why can't we have it?

I guess I should've guessed a thread about something in rugby was gonna be filled with gammon chortling about how funny ethnic minorities are.
    It was fun while it lasted, but you're trying to hard now.
    And here we have a middle aged white man slowly realising he's actually been a bit racist. Now, instead of apologising he simply gets defensive, huffy and red faced. A state known today as "gammon".

hahaha put your rod away. 'middle aged'..cheeky little Kuntaddick.
    I'm sorry but you're on a wind up.

No way anyone born after 1980 is called Gary.
    What a weird and pathetic insult. Get a life you sad little man 
    Tbf its the only funny thing he's said on the whole thread.
    Yeah I'm pretty proud of it. Got a little upset that he didn't like it tbh.
  • Options
    You must be drunk, I didn't insult the haka at all, in fact I asked if it should be protected from cultural appropriation by the New Zealand national team.

You then started being racist and didn't like it when you were called a bad name.
  • Options
    LMAO wtf is this guy on today. Usually a considered poster, you're acting very weirdly on this thread?!
  • Options
    You must be drunk, I didn't insult the haka at all, in fact I asked if it should be protected from cultural appropriation by the New Zealand national team.

You then started being racist and didn't like it when you were called a bad name.
    When did I say my comment was anything to do with you? 

Honest question - when was I being racist?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where does the tag "gammon" come from. Genuine question
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    I'm not white or Angry. Or middle aged. Or middle class. And I don't enjoy Gammon. Bit salty.

I'm what's often referred to as olive skinned. That's my eastern and southern European heritage at play. 

#justsayin
  • Options

you do seem pretty hung up on skin colour , you have mentioned it a number of times usually when digging people out.
  • Options

Pretty sure no one else dropped the c bomb.

Gammon is a clear reference to skin colour, Mr 1950s
  • Options

Dickens coined it in Nicholas Nickleby 

Here's the quote: 

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Anyone else now going home via a supermarket to get some gammon egg and chips for dinner? 

assuming I'm allowed to post on this thread not being a white middle class male..... 
  • Options
    Anyone else now going home via a supermarket to get some gammon egg and chips for dinner? 

I gotta be honest, pretty hungry now.
  • Options

assuming I'm allowed to post on this thread not being a white middle class male..... 
    And some pineapple, don't forget the pineapple
  • Options

Yeah sausages are also allowed.
  • Options

Dickens coined it in Nicholas Nickleby 

Here's the quote: 

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

Language evolves, just because a word was once not offensive does not mean it stays that way forever.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!