Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Haka

Comments

• Great to see a group of middle aged white men chortling to themselves about a tradition of an indigenous people that this country colonised. Great look 👍🏼
    Don't be such a fanny ffs
    And now using women's genitals as an insult. I mean really guys, are we playing gammon bingo now?
    Its American for arse. Please don't assume, thanks.
  • Every other country should be allowed to respond with their own national dance.

England - Hokey Cokey 
    Ireland - Jig of some sort
    Scotland - that skipping up on their toes in kilts thing they do
    Wales - Vigorous side to side movement backed by It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones
    Spain - Macarena
    France - Cancan
    Argentina - Tango
    Australia - dance to anything by Kylie/Jason 

etc.
  • Chizz said:
    If I was an opponent I would just turn my back on it. It's supposed to intimidatary......cant intimidate if you dont take any notice of it. 
    It's also a means of determining which of their opponents are brave, respectful warriors and which are trembling cowards.  Turning your back on it would help make that decision far easier. 
    So the Haka trumps all. It shows them to be brave warriors and anyone who don't watch and respect it, is not a warrior and is a trembling coward. What about if the person turning their back fronts em and kicks the fuck out of the team one by one, once they finished pulling faces?

Jesus wept, the original question was obviously asked purely in the rugby / sporting sense, does anyone find the Kiwis doing he Haka embarrassing etc. Now, cheers to the usual suspects its like it's an attack on Māori culture, which it clearly ain't.

• It used to be better back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdI0g3rENcQ
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    Great to see a group of middle aged white men chortling to themselves about a tradition of an indigenous people that this country colonised. Great look 👍🏼
    There's that saying again, "middle aged and white". It really is a crime. 
    Some one's surely got gammon bingo by now?
  • Dont get me started on this.  WTF.  WTAF.
    Iconic?  Culture?  who gives a flying fuck.  It shouldn't be allowed in the 21st century.

Every time I see it on the tv, I get angry and want to throw the remote through the tv screen.
    Once their aka is finished, the kiwis should then be forced to stand there and watch something of the opposition's choosing to make it fair.
    On comes the physio with a tea tray and the England captain pours a cup of tea from a tea pot.  A single sugar cube, a double stir and a flick of the spoon to rid the excess tea and the teaspoon is laid to rest in its saucer.
    Lets have it.

Lets be honest, rugby really is shit.
    Can you imagine Arsenal doing the Haka in front of Spurs?  Just maybe if they had their willies hanging out.  Football would never stand for this shit.
  • Great to see a group of middle aged white men chortling to themselves about a tradition of an indigenous people that this country colonised. Great look 👍🏼
    Assuming gender AND race, not very 2019 of you!
  • Names of people that are angry i assumed their gender:

Dave
    Stu

Dave
    Stu
    actually, i pointed out that you had assumed "everyone's" gender. twice.

Dave
    Stu
    cafcdave logic : Feel free to criticise and mock indigenous people's dances. But don't assume some one's gender on a predominately white male message board.

Righto.

Dave
    Stu

I doubt they're angry.  I also doubt they are offended.   You've changed the context of the thread by assuming all those that didn't find the Haka as a necessary tradition (it was just their opinion rather than them demanding it be abolished) were white middle aged men.

I'm not sure if you're just a troll or you just look for things to be offended by? 

• Great thread this.

Ps

I think the soppy dance is shite. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    Names of people that are angry i assumed their gender:

Dave
    Stu
    cafcdave logic : Feel free to criticise and mock indigenous people's dances. But don't assume some one's gender on a predominately white male message board.

Righto.
    Go Dave......he’s wriggling. 

Dave
    Stu

Righto.
    Are you saying you can't mock a dance? Next you'll be telling us you can't mock religion.

Dave
    Stu

I doubt they're angry.  I also doubt they are offended.   You've changed the context of the thread by assuming all those that didn't find the Haka as a necessary tradition (it was just their opinion rather than them demanding it be abolished) were white middle aged men.

I'm not sure if you're just a troll or you just look for things to be offended by? 

Well, that isn't what I said, is it?
  • More interesting than rugger.
    This is always extremely tough to admit when it's Irving but I was coming here to post this virtually word-for-word

Dave
    Stu

Righto.
    Are you saying you can't mock a dance? Next you'll be telling us you can't mock religion.
    Let's mock both. -

Techno techno 

https://youtu.be/VObV7luNjuY
  • I'd happily say it to a New Zealander 
    They'd just scream and wag their tongue at you anyway
  • Curb_It said:
    Great to see a group of middle aged white men chortling to themselves about a tradition of an indigenous people that this country colonised. Great look 👍🏼
    There's that saying again, "middle aged and white". It really is a crime. 
    Some one's surely got gammon bingo by now?
    Stop being such a weapon
  • It's a tired old novelty and should be phased out.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!