Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon - Lead Us Home campaign

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Its certainly an interesting design!!... Notice they're copying Brentford with the multi coloured seating
  • Options
    9,300 is plenty big enough for them, I believe there is the ability to go up to 15,000, but the chances of them needing it is pretty low, unless Nick Robinson (who's helping them fund this) buys them outright, which again is unlikely with their ownership model. 

• Options
    Rothko said:
    9,300 is plenty big enough for them, I believe there is the ability to go up to 15,000, but the chances of them needing it is pretty low, unless Nick Robinson (who's helping them fund this) buys them outright, which again is unlikely with their ownership model. 

Yes, one permanent stand with all the facilities which can be extended around the other 3 sides to replace the semi-permanent stands
  • Options

And that's meant to be ready by October?

• Options
    I really don’t get the bitchiness towards them on here. They got royally shafted by the efl but they are who gets who didn’t fight for their club. Happens to us and we are the best fans ever.

the stadium seems okay to my, not sure why there are negative comments on here. 

They had a go at Robinson, so what. People saying that the banner was out of order, do they know what Robinson said when he was Milton Keynes manager to provoke that reaction?
    Their fans caused a lot of problems when they were non league.
    And then came unstuck against some of the larger clubs when they couldn't act bully boys.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I love it when this thread resurrects itself from time to time.

FWIW, my view is that whether MK Dons is "the same" club as the old Wimbledon FC is a bit of a moot point. I can see the argument either way and can't really say I'm that bothered what the true answer is.

However, what is crystal clear is that AFC Wimbledon has no direct connection to Wimbledon FC/MK Dons and is not the same club. AFC Wimbledon didn't win the FA Cup and they can't be going "back" to Plough Lane as they have never played there. Ever. The fans may see it as their "spiritual home", which is up to them, but it's not (yet) their actual home and never has been. Ever.

I hope that clears things up for you all.
    :-)
    This is the way I see it and I find the entitlement of some AFC fans weird.
    I think that you and Golfie might see it differently if it were Charlton.

Try to see it from their fans' point of view. It should be easier for Charlton fans than for fans of any other club.