Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon - Lead Us Home campaign

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon return to Plough Lane - 200 metres up the road (and on the other side of the Wandle river) from Wimbeldon FC's old ground. 
    Except they've NEVER played there before, so they can't be returning. 

I know this is becoming all a bit Groundhog Day, but it's a simple fact that AFC Wimbledon have never played there before.
    And mk dons didn’t win the game cup in 1988
    If I had a child in 1988, then following a move to Hull had a sex change in 2004 and changed my name to Pauline. Do I still have a child?
    Trigger’s broom.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Off_it said:
    It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon return to Plough Lane - 200 metres up the road (and on the other side of the Wandle river) from Wimbeldon FC's old ground. 
    Except they've NEVER played there before, so they can't be returning. 

I know this is becoming all a bit Groundhog Day, but it's a simple fact that AFC Wimbledon have never played there before.
    And mk dons didn’t win the game cup in 1988
    If I had a child in 1988, then following a move to Hull had a sex change in 2004 and changed my name to Pauline. Do I still have a child?
    Yes, Based on living in hull,  the kid probably takes lots of recreational drugs and sleeps around.
  • Options
    Lost all empathy with AFC Wimbledon (still despise franchise fc as well) after THAT sign and groundsmangate, fuck em, holier than thou knobs 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    DA9 said:
    after THAT sign and groundsmangate, fuck em, holier than thou knobs 
    Unfurled right next to their family stand no less, classy!
  • Options
    I accept that what I wrote earlier was incorrect, @Off_it
    Prior to posting, I had read, and agreed with, an earlier comment where it was pointed out that a reference to 'a return' was incorrect. With the word 'return' in mind, I somehow repeated the error.
    I have amended my comment to It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon based at Plough Lane.
    It will cause absolute chaos on match days. It’s a busy road at the best of times and when that estate of new flats gets filled (is there even space for a football ground left in the middle of them ? It’s hard to tell from the road) there is a potential for more traffic and that’s not good when St. George’s is just along the road
  • Options
    Prior to posting, I had read, and agreed with, an earlier comment where it was pointed out that a reference to 'a return' was incorrect. With the word 'return' in mind, I somehow repeated the error.
    I have amended my comment to It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon based at Plough Lane.
    It will cause absolute chaos on match days. It’s a busy road at the best of times and when that estate of new flats gets filled (is there even space for a football ground left in the middle of them ? It’s hard to tell from the road) there is a potential for more traffic and that’s not good when St. George’s is just along the road
    The same applies to The Valley, and indeed just about all football grounds (other than those in the middle of nowhere). The Woolwich Road and Bugsby's Way see massive jams when we play
  • Options
    Shocked people on here are trying to say there’s no connection between AFC Wimbledon and the old Wimbledon. 
    Clubs change names, grounds, players, managers, chairmen, badges, Etc...  everything is always changing at football clubs. The one and only consistency is the fans. Passed from generation to generation. And that is what connects AFC Wimbledon and the ‘old Wimbledon’ so for that reason they’re one and the same to me. 

You lot think you’ve had it bad (and you have to be fair) but whats happening to you pales in to insignificance when compared to what was allowed to happen at Wimbledon. 

Winkleman basically BOUGHT a league position for his shit town and in the process deleted a genuine club. How was that allowed to happen? A club that  worked its way up through the football league and got to its position on merit and merit alone. 

Was Wimbledon punching above their weight for years? Probably. And if they was and they was starting to struggle they should have been allowed to drop down the leagues and find their correct level, and someone would have replaced them ON MERIT. That’s how league football works. 

And if winkleman wanted league football for the town of MK he should have bought their local non league side and tried to work them up the pyramid (ironically exactly what the original Wimbledon did) He didn’t, he took the easy route, and stole a club from its fans in the process. And this is the reason MK Dons is the ONLY club I would take pleasure from seeing go out of business. And I would never put a penny in to that club. We could be playing them in a game of huge significance and I wouldn’t  go there and watch. 

I don’t care if some of AFC Wimbledon fans come across as ‘obnoxious’. I don’t care that the old crazy gang were a bit dirty. What happened with the rise of AFC Wimbledon is one of the biggest success stories in English football. And I wish them all the best. 

(Right, I’ll get off my soapbox now lol) 

This. There is still a treat of Charlton going bust and a new Charlton being formed and playing non league. I will support the new Charlton like I supported the old one. Charlton will always be Charlton. 

Look at wiki and see mk’s history and when they were formed. They don’t associate themselves with Wimbledon. It’s probably time for them to drop the dons part and just call themselves Milton Keynes 
  • Options
    This thread went well then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocked people on here are trying to say there’s no connection between AFC Wimbledon and the old Wimbledon. 
    Clubs change names, grounds, players, managers, chairmen, badges, Etc...  everything is always changing at football clubs. The one and only consistency is the fans. Passed from generation to generation. And that is what connects AFC Wimbledon and the ‘old Wimbledon’ so for that reason they’re one and the same to me. 

You lot think you’ve had it bad (and you have to be fair) but whats happening to you pales in to insignificance when compared to what was allowed to happen at Wimbledon. 

Winkleman basically BOUGHT a league position for his shit town and in the process deleted a genuine club. How was that allowed to happen? A club that  worked its way up through the football league and got to its position on merit and merit alone. 

Was Wimbledon punching above their weight for years? Probably. And if they was and they was starting to struggle they should have been allowed to drop down the leagues and find their correct level, and someone would have replaced them ON MERIT. That’s how league football works. 

And if winkleman wanted league football for the town of MK he should have bought their local non league side and tried to work them up the pyramid (ironically exactly what the original Wimbledon did) He didn’t, he took the easy route, and stole a club from its fans in the process. And this is the reason MK Dons is the ONLY club I would take pleasure from seeing go out of business. And I would never put a penny in to that club. We could be playing them in a game of huge significance and I wouldn’t  go there and watch. 

I don’t care if some of AFC Wimbledon fans come across as ‘obnoxious’. I don’t care that the old crazy gang were a bit dirty. What happened with the rise of AFC Wimbledon is one of the biggest success stories in English football. And I wish them all the best. 

This. There is still a treat of Charlton going bust and a new Charlton being formed and playing non league. I will support the new Charlton like I supported the old one. Charlton will always be Charlton. 

Look at wiki and see mk’s history and when they were formed. They don’t associate themselves with Wimbledon. It’s probably time for them to drop the dons part and just call themselves Milton Keynes 
    I'd sooner call it a threat mate!
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I'd sooner call it a threat mate!
    I would never support a phoenix club, I would sooner save the club we have.

I believe with the will Wimbledon fans could have stopped the move to MK.
    I have no sympathy for AFC fans, they are self-righteous maggot munchers.

Still waffling on about MK to drop the Dons from their name. They got a pile of silverware that they didn't win, just give it a rest.
  • Options
    The same applies to The Valley, and indeed just about all football grounds (other than those in the middle of nowhere). The Woolwich Road and Bugsby's Way see massive jams when we play
    True, though I suspect causing gridlock in Charlton wouldn’t quite have the same fallout as causing gridlock on a road that narrows to one lane in each direction and links traffic from Wimbledon, Wandsworth, St George’s  Hospital and Tooting.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I dont have an issue with the idea of phoenix clubs, but Id like to think that an AFC Charlton wouldnt have fans who make banners with the word c*nt on it just because they have a chip on their shoulder about a manager they dont like. Thats the kind of thing that makes me have no love for their fans. 
  • Options
    Spot the stadium
  • Options
    The ironic thing about this discussion is Glikstien  suggested moving Charlton Ath to Milton Keynes,     
  • Options
    A club takes the horrible decision to move away from a defunct, crumbling stadium, where it has very few fans and plays its home games at another ground, much to the furious anger of its fanbase. 

Should those fans: 

1. Give up supporting their club and start a new one, with a similar name, thus exacerbating the financial position of the original club.  

or 

2. Continue to support their club; campaign and lobby for its return; set up a political party to demonstrate, democratically, at the ballot box, the strength of opinion around its return; work with the club to establish a programme to increase attendances to ensure support proliferates throughout the region.  

If you side with those who chose number 1, good luck to you.  But don't bleat when others dislike that option.  

And if you side with those who chose number 2, well done.  And, more importantly, thank you.  

And, to the fans of other South London clubs who choose to post on here, one quick question: which clubs currently playing home games in South London have won the FA Cup?  Here's a clue: there's only one. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    A club takes the horrible decision to move away from a defunct, crumbling stadium, where it has very few fans and plays its home games at another ground, much to the furious anger of its fanbase. 

Should those fans: 

1. Give up supporting their club and start a new one, with a similar name, thus exacerbating the financial position of the original club.  

or 

2. Continue to support their club; campaign and lobby for its return; set up a political party to demonstrate, democratically, at the ballot box, the strength of opinion around its return; work with the club to establish a programme to increase attendances to ensure support proliferates throughout the region.  

If you side with those who chose number 1, good luck to you.  But don't bleat when others dislike that option.  

And if you side with those who chose number 2, well done.  And, more importantly, thank you.  

And, to the fans of other South London clubs who choose to post on here, one quick question: which clubs currently playing home games in South London have won the FA Cup?  Here's a clue: there's only one. 
    My life, you sound like the biggest cock I’ve ever heard. 

honestly , you sound like a palace fan. 😂

The gall of you!

I have honestly never met a Millwall fan who in one way or another isn't a prick and I've met a LOT. Does a lion know it's a lion?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

Should those fans: 

or 

@MillwallFan, you know the rules of allowing you on here.
    You cannot abuse us, but we can pan you.
    Now f*** off :D
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Should those fans: 

or 

I apologise for making the question too difficult for you. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I have updated my membership there.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket via this chanel this season.
  • Options
    Looks like a fantastic ground. Full of charm. Suits them perfectly.
  • Options
    I really don’t get the bitchiness towards them on here. They got royally shafted by the efl but they are who gets who didn’t fight for their club. Happens to us and we are the best fans ever.

the stadium seems okay to my, not sure why there are negative comments on here. 

They had a go at Robinson, so what. People saying that the banner was out of order, do they know what Robinson said when he was Milton Keynes manager to provoke that reaction?
  • Options
    AFCW is for sure an inspiring tale and a wrong put right - but there's a lack of humility and recognition of others' struggles that have somehow made the package unattractive. Sniding at us was a (bad) joke when we of all people gave them fair warning that moving to Selhurst was the kiss of death

Having said that, the new ground looks all right, and i'll be so glad never to go again to the depressing and unfriendly Kingsmeadow.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I have updated my membership there.  Hopefully I'll be able to get a ticket via this chanel this season.
    That looks awful.  A football ground squeezed into a block of flats. A main stand with overbearing hospitality boxes and a run of small stands around the rest, all overpowered by the development all around. Doesn't look like it really has the capability to expand so setting themselves up for a future of lower tier football.

It's the sort of ground and level of ambition that Roland would like.  

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/club/new-stadium/stadium-images/
  • Options
    I really don’t get the bitchiness towards them on here. They got royally shafted by the efl but they are who gets who didn’t fight for their club. Happens to us and we are the best fans ever.

the stadium seems okay to my, not sure why there are negative comments on here. 

They had a go at Robinson, so what. People saying that the banner was out of order, do they know what Robinson said when he was Milton Keynes manager to provoke that reaction?
    Their fans caused a lot of problems when they were non league.