Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon - Lead Us Home campaign

Comments

• Options
    They are not going home ! As stated they are directly responsible for shutting down the home of Greyhounds, Stock Car and Speedway racing. So their history doesn't count, as long as AFC WIMBLEDON get what they want.  So no support from me. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    AFC Wimbledon cant "go back" to Plough Lane as they NEVER played there. Only formed in 2002. I think they are getting confused with the team that now play in Milton Keynes as THEY did play at Plough Lane some years ago.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    AFC Wimbledon cant "go back" to Plough Lane as they NEVER played there. Only formed in 2002. I think they are getting confused with the team that now play in Milton Keynes as THEY did play at Plough Lane some years ago.
    Jeeesus, let it go!
    Nnahhhh, he's got a point. Crappy little club.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Plenty of their fans supported and joined in with our Anti-Duchatelet protests a couple of years at The Valley. A couple of them even sacrificed going to the game after being refused entry with a anti-Roland banner.

They've got a few knobheads, so has every other club, including us.
    I'm fairly sure our knobhead ratio is a whole lot higher than theirs.

Over the past few years they have alienated themselves from neutral fans who once supported their plight.
  • Options
    Not a massive fan of AFC Wimbledon BUT I do wish them well in getting back to Plough Lane, which is near enough their home

Been concerned from the start about the project though, the constant changes to the design of the stadium and the lack of clarity in financing it. Trying to finance a new stadium while under the ownership of a supporters trust is massively difficult, I fear they've bitten off more than they can chew. Wycombe would have been in trouble if they didn't get taken over, it's really expensive to run a football club, let alone build a new stadium. In London.
  • Options
    What a misanthropic bunch you lot are. 

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

Selective misanthropy I would say. We do tolerate some spanners on here so it isn't a universal trait! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Jeeesus, let it go!

sorry, but sometimes facts happen to get in the way of a good story. I have no problem with AFC Wimbledon fans wanting to "move" their club to where it should be, ie Wimbledon..........but to say that they are going "home" to plough lane is just false. AFC never played at Plough Lane & were formed after any club played/left there.

The only team that played at Plough lane that are in the FL are MK Dons. Look it up.

and yes, I will continue to bang on about this point because its bloody true. The Wimbledon that Vinny Jones & Carl Leaburn played for are now MK Dons......and AFC Wimbledon DID NOT win the FA Cup in 1988.

• Options
    This is boring now mate. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Jeeesus, let it go!

sorry, but sometimes facts happen to get in the way of a good story. I have no problem with AFC Wimbledon fans wanting to "move" their club to where it should be, ie Wimbledon..........but to say that they are going "home" to plough lane is just false. AFC never played at Plough Lane & were formed after any club played/left there.

The only team that played at Plough lane that are in the FL are MK Dons. Look it up.

and yes, I will continue to bang on about this point because its bloody true. The Wimbledon that Vinny Jones & Carl Leaburn played for are now MK Dons......and AFC Wimbledon DID NOT win the FA Cup in 1988.

Wimbledon ceased to exist once they moved to Milton Keynes, I think you are being very harsh.

If Charlton moved 70 miles away would you still have the same view?
  • Options
    Golfie lacking empathy.  I hope he's working on it and able to turn that around before much longer!
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    This needs to be a football chant!
  • Options
    £11 million short? What a shame!
  • Options
    I'm with Golfie on this one.
  • Options
    The question that people need to ask is if Roland moved us to Milton Keynes and we formed AFC Charlton would we ultimately want to play at the Valley? 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Me too
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Me too
    And me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Jeeesus, let it go!

Wimbledon ceased to exist once they moved to Milton Keynes, I think you are being very harsh.

If Charlton moved 70 miles away would you still have the same view?
    Still waiting @golfaddick
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    We all have our opinions & mine is that MK Dons are the Wimbledon that won the FA Cup in 1988. The fact that their name contains "Dons" gives it away. I don't give a flying fuck that the EFL made MK give AFC Wimbledon the cup..... that was purely politics & we all know the EFL are a total shambles.

As to what would I do in their situation. I expect I'd still follow my team, no matter where they were located. I went to Selhurst & Upton Park and am a ST holder now......so no boycotting at all in my 45 years supporting this club.

I certainly wouldn't follow a new club & try to get them "back home". 
  • Options
    We all have our opinions & mine is that MK Dons are the Wimbledon that won the FA Cup in 1988. The fact that their name contains "Dons" gives it away. I don't give a flying fuck that the EFL made MK give AFC Wimbledon the cup..... that was purely politics & we all know the EFL are a total shambles.

As to what would I do in their situation. I expect I'd still follow my team, no matter where they were located. I went to Selhurst & Upton Park and am a ST holder now......so no boycotting at all in my 45 years supporting this club.

4-8 miles is not 70 miles though is it.  A totally different story, coupled with us always looking to move back to The Valley.
  • Options
    Interesting debate.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Your club - YOUR club - is moved, by its owner to another part of the country, against the will of pretty much every single fan. You're devastated.  Your club hasn't won a lot of trophies (the FA Cup being one, shining example, however).  But its fan base lies in the very heart of the community in which the club has played, for years. You're not consulted.  You don't want the move to go ahead, but it does.  The club helps out a bit with some of the transport costs.  But, frankly, it's a long way to go and you simply don't fancy it (although you acknowledge that some others do).   You have two choices. 

Do you: 

(1) Bleat.  Claim that the owner has stolen your club.  Set up another club with another name.  Demand the "return" of the FA Cup you didn't win.  And start a fund to raise money to kick out the sports events that took place in the previous club's old home and to build a new stadium there?  

or 

(2) Continue to support the team.  Demand its return.  Campaign for its return.  Raise money for its return. Continue to campaign. Set up a political party and cause a shock at an election.  Continue to campaign.  And, finally, see the club return to its home, without the need to kick any other clubs out of their ground? 

If you're in group (1), don't be too surprised if you don't get universal praise from members of group (2). 
  • Options
    High time MK Dons dropped the "Dons" imo. 
  • Options

This is the first time I've actually heard anyone claim that MK Dons are the real Wimbledon FC. So next time we play Mk at home they should be welcomed as former FA Cup winners ? I think you are in a small minority 
    Well, if I am part of a small minority then the large majority are either deluded or part of the flat earth society.

Of course MK Dons are the "real" Wimbledon......history says so. They are no different to Arsenal (who changed part of their name & moved north).....only real difference is the distance they moved.

So, come on.......tell me how far you have to move before you are not the same team anymore...?  5 miles..?  10 ?  50 ?. I'd love to know as there are plenty of teams (Leicester, Derby, 'Boro, Millwall, West Ham, Swansea to name a few) who have moved grounds. Are they not worthy of the trophies they won previously...?