Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon - Lead Us Home campaign

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:
    The Wimbledon FC of the 80's is defunct. The EFL may have sanctioned the move to MK but it was the end of WFC
    @golfaddick would still recognise us as Charlton Athletic playing at Brunton Park.

Driving as well to every 'home' game.
    If our mate Roland decided to relocate us to carlisle whether or not i choose to go its the same club
    You'll be on your own.......with @golfaddick
    Would you really sulk, bleat and form another new club instead of continuing to support Charlton?
    If Charlton did the same as Wimbledon to Milton Keynes?
    You form a new club , it wouldnt be mine.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:
    The Wimbledon FC of the 80's is defunct. The EFL may have sanctioned the move to MK but it was the end of WFC
    @golfaddick would still recognise us as Charlton Athletic playing at Brunton Park.

If our mate Roland decided to relocate us to carlisle whether or not i choose to go its the same club
    Would you really sulk, bleat and form another new club instead of continuing to support Charlton?
    Yes. 

And, just to be clear, you're saying that Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes, and not that a new club set itself up from scratch in Milton Keynes?
  • Options
    Shut the fuck up. 
    The lot of you 
    You can always stay off the thread 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

And, just to be clear, you're saying that Wimbledon FC moved to Milton Keynes, and not that a new club set itself up from scratch in Milton Keynes?
    Behave yourself.  Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and that killed the support from SW19.

Virtually nobody followed from SW19 to MK1

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

You form a new club , it wouldnt be mine.
    I would not accept your season ticket application.  I'd ban you.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Shut the fuck up. 
    The lot of you 
    You can wear long trousers if you like 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Shut the fuck up. 
    The lot of you 
    You can wear long trousers if you like 
    It would double our away following.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

Behave yourself.  Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and that killed the support from SW19.

That's not the issue we are discussing. The point I made was that MK Dons are Wimbledon FC. AFC Wimbledon are a completely different team & have nothing in common with MK Dons. The only thing they share is the Don bit of WimbleDON.

The fact that virtually none of their fans went up there to support them probably had more to do with the fact they were poorly supported & not very successful in the first place. It Man U relocated to Wallsall I expect more than a handful of fans would still go.  Or do you dispute that too @Elsberg.
    MK Dons are not Wimbledon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

That's not the issue we are discussing. The point I made was that MK Dons are Wimbledon FC. AFC Wimbledon are a completely different team & have nothing in common with MK Dons. The only thing they share is the Don bit of WimbleDON.

The fact that virtually none of their fans went up there to support them probably had more to do with the fact they were poorly supported & not very successful in the first place. It Man U relocated to Wallsall I expect more than a handful of fans would still go.  Or do you dispute that too @Elsberg.
    What division do Wallsall play in btw?
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

I think you'll find history says otherwise.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

What division do Wallsall play in btw?
    I meant Walsall the area, rather than taking over the team

As in Walsall is about the same difference in distance from Manchester as Wimbledon is from MK.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

Apart from Chizz, Mr Table Legs and yourself, the remainder of fans tend to be of the opinion Wimbledon were no more once they relocated to Milton Keynes.

I wonder how many Wimbledon fans were at the first game in Milton Keynes.

@clb74 @golfaddick @chizz

How many do you think went? Plus continue to go.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

That’s because Walsall is closer to London than Manchester so it would be more convenient for their fans
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

Apart from Chizz, Mr Table Legs and yourself, the remainder of fans tend to be of the opinion Wimbledon were no more once they relocated to Milton Keynes.

No idea & dont really care. All my beef is about people trying to change history. Wimbledon FC played at Plough Lane ground shared with Palace & then moved to Milton Keynes. End of. AFC Wimbledon are a totally different club as are Salford and any others that joined the EFL since 2000. Just because AFC Wimbledon grew up in SW London, moved to Kingston & now want to get back to an SW19 postcode is neither here nor there. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    clb74 said:

Yes. 

No idea & dont really care. All my beef is about people trying to change history. Wimbledon FC played at Plough Lane ground shared with Palace & then moved to Milton Keynes. End of. AFC Wimbledon are a totally different club as are Salford and any others that joined the EFL since 2000. Just because AFC Wimbledon grew up in SW London, moved to Kingston & now want to get back to an SW19 postcode is neither here nor there. 
    Elfsborg wins the exchange.
  • Options
    Judging from when I last went past it I’d say the 25th October was optimistic
  • Options
    I love it when this thread resurrects itself from time to time.

FWIW, my view is that whether MK Dons is "the same" club as the old Wimbledon FC is a bit of a moot point. I can see the argument either way and can't really say I'm that bothered what the true answer is.

However, what is crystal clear is that AFC Wimbledon has no direct connection to Wimbledon FC/MK Dons and is not the same club. AFC Wimbledon didn't win the FA Cup and they can't be going "back" to Plough Lane as they have never played there. Ever. The fans may see it as their "spiritual home", which is up to them, but it's not (yet) their actual home and never has been. Ever.

I hope that clears things up for you all.
    :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t really give a shit either way, both the old and new Wimbledon are scummy little clubs. However, the fact is that the old Wimbledon became MK Dons and AFC are a completely different club 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I love it when this thread resurrects itself from time to time.

FWIW, my view is that whether MK Dons is "the same" club as the old Wimbledon FC is a bit of a moot point. I can see the argument either way and can't really say I'm that bothered what the true answer is.

However, what is crystal clear is that AFC Wimbledon has no direct connection to Wimbledon FC/MK Dons and is not the same club. AFC Wimbledon didn't win the FA Cup and they can't be going "back" to Plough Lane as they have never played there. Ever. The fans may see it as their "spiritual home", which is up to them, but it's not (yet) their actual home and never has been. Ever.

I hope that clears things up for you all.
    :-)
    This is the way I see it and I find the entitlement of some AFC fans weird.
  • Options
    The way Wimbledon were forced to leave plough lane was shocking and can easily happen to us in our current predicament. Plough lane could also only be used for football until Sam h paid the council £800k for the order to disappear! 
  • Options
    It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon return to Plough Lane - 200 metres up the road (and on the other side of the Wandle river) from Wimbeldon FC's old ground. 
    Except they've NEVER played there before, so they can't be returning. 

I know this is becoming all a bit Groundhog Day, but it's a simple fact that AFC Wimbledon have never played there before.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It will be good to see AFC Wimbledon return to Plough Lane - 200 metres up the road (and on the other side of the Wandle river) from Wimbeldon FC's old ground. 

I know this is becoming all a bit Groundhog Day, but it's a simple fact that AFC Wimbledon have never played there before.
    And mk dons didn’t win the game cup in 1988
  • Options
    Off_it said:

If we got destroyed by ESI and a newly formed AFC Charlton started off with a groundshare at Welling United, until 10 years later it moved into the Valley (which had been protected by Greenwich council from being redeveloped), just about everyone would be be saying

"an emotional day as Charlton return to The Valley"

Even though it wasn't literally the same club. 
    I get what you mean. If a club went bust, disappeared from the league and the fans got together, formed a new club and eventually managed to get back to the "old" ground then I understand that. Like an Aldershot or a Hereford.

But that's not what happened with this lot. The new club was formed whilst "Wimbledon FC" was still playing at Selhurst Park, before the move and the name change took place. Wimbledon FC actually played home games in Milton Keynes too, before the name change.

Anyway, no big deal really. It just makes me laugh when people talk about AFC Wimbledon "returning" to Plough Lane .....
  • Options
    Off_it said:

And mk dons didn’t win the game cup in 1988
    If I had a child in 1988, then following a move to Hull had a sex change in 2004 and changed my name to Pauline. Do I still have a child?