Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Options
    Kane got bought by City in mine after Aguero went to PSG.

Couldn't stop them being rubbish though!
  • Options
    So I’ve bought the last 3 editions of Football Manager in recent years but usually only end up spending a LOT of time trying to get the skins right, city/stadium backgrounds etc. I love all that sort of stuff - but really don’t spend much time playing the game.

Am I the only one who does this?!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    So I’ve bought the last 3 editions of Football Manager in recent years but usually only end up spending a LOT of time trying to get the skins right, city/stadium backgrounds etc. I love all that sort of stuff - but really don’t spend much time playing the game.

My mates play it without the backgrounds and badges, looks so shit.

The background packs take ages to download but they make it look so much better.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The background packs take ages to download but they make it look so much better.
    This is the one gripe I have with the Stadia edition, it's all the fake badges etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    cafctom said:

This is the one gripe I have with the Stadia edition, it's all the fake badges etc.
    Can I be that annoying lazy guy and ask you which packs to download and where from?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    cafctom said:

Can I be that annoying lazy guy and ask you which packs to download and where from?
    https://fminside.net/football-manager-downloads/football-manager-2020-downloads/logopacks-fm20/tcm20-logopack

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics
  • Options
    I haven’t a laptop/PC. Is FM Touch worth getting?
  • Options
    Disaster. Got sacked in February in my first season! A 2-1 defeat at Forest saw Southall give me the boot.

In a terrible run from December, couldn't stop shipping in goals. Lyle Taylor had been on fire early in the season, but lost his goalscoring touch, then I lost Green and Curtis Jones (who'd done well for me on loan from Liverpool) through injury. 

Currently unemployed...
  • Options
    Just at the end of November in season 7. Back to back premier league champions, current champions league, world club cup and FA cup holders.

Top of the league this season at the moment by 6 points. However league has a very odd feel to it:

Current squad:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    McCalmont is concerned about lack of first team football - idiot. He's literally started more games than anyone else!
  • Options
    Just at the end of November in season 7. Back to back premier league champions, current champions league, world club cup and FA cup holders.

Top of the league this season at the moment by 6 points. However league has a very odd feel to it:

Current squad:

Is this on the mobile app or the computer version?
  • Options
    Disaster. Got sacked in February in my first season! A 2-1 defeat at Forest saw Southall give me the boot.

In a terrible run from December, couldn't stop shipping in goals. Lyle Taylor had been on fire early in the season, but lost his goalscoring touch, then I lost Green and Curtis Jones (who'd done well for me on loan from Liverpool) through injury. 

Currently unemployed...
    Decided to restart, and making a much better fist of it now. A dogged 0-0 draw at Blackburn followed by a storming 3-0 win over Stoke

So I then decide to rest most of my players for the midweek League Cup game at Forest Green Rovers...and crash out 3-0  :D

#propercharlton
  • Options
    My save is on the computer version. Hundred percent record has gone, 1-0 defeat to Burnley ended that run. Bounced back with wins over Bristol City and Arsenal. 9 points clear of Norwich, and 10 ahead of Ipswich, but they do have 3 games in hand.
  • Options
    Found the last few FM’s a bit boring but quite like the last one. Made myself Fulham manager and played possession football and so far I’m killing it. Mitrovic is a monster in the champ. 

Downloaded myself a good skin and backgrounds which helps    
  • Options

Just saw on an FM Facebook group that the cover photo was taken at The Valley.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Is it though, it looks like a computer graphic to me!
  • Options
    Well we're used to seeing the away team and supporters celebrating titles or promotion at the Valley!
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Is it though, it looks like a computer graphic to me!
    Yeah it's real

https://www.footballmanager.com/be-a-cover-star
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Booted up FM19 during quarantine, playing an online game vs a friend so there's been no possibility for save-scumming or any shady business. We've also banned downloading tactics and have a gentlemens' agreement not to Google wonderkids (not that we can afford them). Here's what's happened in our game so far...

**18/19 Season** - Took on the Grimsby job in League 2 whilst my mate took Cambridge. No money, very little wages available so basically operating off of freebie loans. Slow start but went on a 19 game unbeaten run and snuck into 2nd a few games before the end without any late drama (top 3 go up automatic) - blew the tiny budget on upgrading Wes Thomas to the transfer-listed James Collins in January who fired 8 goals in 12 games to get me over the line. 

Key Signings: James Collins (Luton) - 185k in January,  George Cooper (Peterborough) - loan, Nathan Holland (West Ham) - loan, Josh Simpson (Bournemouth) - loan. 

League: 2nd (Cambridge 1st)
    Cup: Checkatrade Final - Cambridge 2-0 Grimsby(!!!), FA Cup 4th Round (replay) - Grimsby 0 - 2 Bolton

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

**19/20 Season** - All change >20 signings in the door, all kinds of drama this season. Cambridge cruising it again up until January with Grimsby hanging onto a playoff spot before a big late run inspired by Mo Eisa coming in for the impotent James Collins and bagging a goal a game (with Shef Wed and Cambridge also both imploding). The key moment was a magical late hat-trick in the 89, 90th and 93rd mins by Rochdale away at 2nd place Barnsley for a 3-2 win in the penultimate game - allowing me to move ahead of them for the first time all season. I get thumped 3-0 away at MK Dons on the final day, Chucks Aneke the villain... but Charlton, who are down in mid-table, hold on to beat Barnsley 2-1... Grimsby are promoted! Cambridge lose 4-1 to Fleetwood in their playoff home leg and that was that.

Key Signings: Mo Eisa (Bristol City) - loan in Jan, Josh Vokins (Southampton) - loan, Ed Upson (Bristol City) - 105k, Kane Wilson (WBA) - 110k, Pleguezuelo - free, McAllister - free

League: 2nd (Cambridge 5th)
    Cup: FA Cup 4th Round (replay) - Bournemouth 1-0 Grimsby

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

**20/21 Season 33 games gone** - Basically needed to somehow accumulate a new squad again for a total of 80k wages per week (but a healthy 1.5m transfer budget) and my squad are furious at me for suggesting that we should aim to avoid the drop pre-season. I seem to be the anti-Curbs as we were hanging around mid-table again but are starting to kick on and have just sneaked into 6th place. Couldn't really turn down a 4.3m deadline day bid for Kane Wilson from Shef Utd and ended up using it to panic-buy Barry Bannan on a ridiculous 11.75k a week and a substandard RB replacement.

Key Signings: Temenuzhkov (Leeds) - loan, Kasey Palmer (Chelsea) - loan, Morgan Fox (Shef Wed) - 20k, Garcia (Man City) - loan, Mowatt (Reading) - 425k... and maybe (as I've only had him 2 days)... Bannan (Watford) - 375k, 

(as of 02/02/2020)
    League: 6th (Cambridge sitting 3rd in L1 after a shambolic start)
    Cup: FA Cup 4th Round (replay) - Man Utd ? - ? Grimsby (3-3 at Blundell Park)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m still on season 2 of the 2018 version, as I never really got into it. Are there any good sites where I can download good tactics, formations and training programmes?
  • Options
    I’m still on season 2 of the 2018 version, as I never really got into it. Are there any good sites where I can download good tactics, formations and training programmes?
    https://fm-base.co.uk/ is good for tactics and training if you want some plug and play stuff
  • Options
    Managing Charlton in the game is hard work, just like real life

No money so I have to rely on loans to get some extra quality
    And once the season finishes, they all go back as improved players, either being sold for prices I can't afford or being given pay rises so that I can't afford their wages if I want to loan them again
    And because loan players only tend to go out late in the summer window, I end up getting several key players each season right at the end, with no time to integrate them properly

And what really rubs it in is having to deal with Southall and Nimer as my bosses  :D 
  • Options

And once the season finishes, they all go back as improved players, either being sold for prices I can't afford or being given pay rises so that I can't afford their wages if I want to loan them again
    And because loan players only tend to go out late in the summer window, I end up getting several key players each season right at the end, with no time to integrate them properly

And what really rubs it in is having to deal with Southall and Nimer as my bosses  :D 
    Currently in the process of a board takeover on my save. Hopefully it goes through so I'm free of Nimer and Southall 
  • Options
    https://fm-base.co.uk/ is good for tactics and training if you want some plug and play stuff
    Are they good? Will they make my team better than if I did it and does it speed up the game time a bit
  • Options

Currently in the process of a board takeover on my save. Hopefully it goes through so I'm free of Nimer and Southall 

• Options
    Are they good? Will they make my team better than if I did it and does it speed up the game time a bit
    It's worth doing a bit of looking around but generally the highest rated threads will have tactics that have been workshopped, tested by multiple people and then tweaked and updated to their current versions. They'll definitely make your team play better if you have the right players for the formation/the money to bring the right players in. They're all tactics that you could come up with yourself but without you having to figure out what works for you. It speeds things up in that you don't have to think about tactics, though you might miss tweaking things yourself if you're into that sort of thing.
  • Options
    When do we play in the FM cup thing on Twitter?
  • Options
    I would definitely recommend a heavy pressing tactic. It may just be my team or something about the players I have but I took over Plymouth and achieved back to back promotions in the first two seasons and am now 2nd in the championship with a really simple pressing tactic. 

Every time I have tried any more passive style of defending or god forbid counter attacking my defence has been laughably inept. Like I say may just be a good fit but reading around a bit it does seem as though pressing/ gegenpressing are a bit of a cheat code. 
  • Options
    alicwkd said:
    I would definitely recommend a heavy pressing tactic. It may just be my team or something about the players I have but I took over Plymouth and achieved back to back promotions in the first two seasons and am now 2nd in the championship with a really simple pressing tactic. 

Every time I have tried any more passive style of defending or god forbid counter attacking my defence has been laughably inept. Like I say may just be a good fit but reading around a bit it does seem as though pressing/ gegenpressing are a bit of a cheat code. 
    Do you just set your players to press to the maximum, or in the opposition screen do you press each opponent?