Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up Marc Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
    Who's your local club?

Maidstone sorry , forgot to add lol know people who go but I don't get a chance, used to go Angels occasionally but better prospects at Maidstone.
  • Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up Marc Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
    Who's your local club?

Maidstone sorry , forgot to add lol know people who go but I don't get a chance, used to go Angels occasionally but better prospects at Maidstone.
    Did it save abd reload again for you mate? ps. Thanks for the head up re: parking in Croydon. Looks like it is going to be a couple of trains for me which is going to be easier. 
  • edited November 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up Marc Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
    Who's your local club?

Did it save abd reload again for you mate? ps. Thanks for the head up re: parking in Croydon. Looks like it is going to be a couple of trains for me which is going to be easier. 

Train + Tram I am guessing? If you are still Bromley way, that's a ballache think I have done it once or twice early days...

I don't know what happened really must have updated or done something when I moved from the game launcher app. Annoying as I was doing well and found a good mix, flying with Maidstone this morning so hopefully this one doesn't mess up

• Rudders22 said:
    Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up Marc Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
    Who's your local club?

Train + Tram I am guessing? If you are still Bromley way, that's a ballache think I have done it once or twice early days...

I don't know what happened really must have updated or done something when I moved from the game launcher app. Annoying as I was doing well and found a good mix, flying with Maidstone this morning so hopefully this one doesn't mess up

Probably something you done by mistake. 

Just googled the 2 parking roads you mentioned.

It least it has given me options.

I live in Greenwich.

Train: door to door about 50 mins.

Train 2 stops to London Bridge, then train to East Croydon - 2 stops about £60 a month on a travelcard.

Car - Anything from 40 mins to 1hr 10. Only cost is parking plus petrol £4.80 to 5 days a week = £24 but you are not in a packed carriage. 

• Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Who's your local club?

Probably something you done by mistake. 

Just googled the 2 parking roads you mentioned.

It least it has given me options.

I live in Greenwich.

Train: door to door about 50 mins.

Train 2 stops to London Bridge, then train to East Croydon - 2 stops about £60 a month on a travelcard.

Car - Anything from 40 mins to 1hr 10. Only cost is parking plus petrol £4.80 to 5 days a week = £24 but you are not in a packed carriage. 

I always would say drive if moneywise its worthwhile. Took me a while to work out, I used to drive then tram. But ultimately driving is perfect in most cases if you can afford it and leave with plenty of time.  Down to preference and whats easier mate, don't dip in and get a travelcard instantly until you have done it for a week and you're happy with it. Also depending on trains/buses is a lottery sometimes so might end up leaving earlier to make sure.
  • I have google mapped those roads. Are you definitely guaranteed a parking spot (don't forget I am shit at parking unless 4 car park spaces but can see there are bay type spots? Costwise £0 more but then I am guaranteed a seat, not changing platforms, don't have to worry about signal failures, train breakdowns, leaves on the track. 

Will definitely get a week pass to begin with and will walk around there before I start work on the 1st Monday of training on Dec 2nd. Will plan to do an overnight drive when roads are less busy. I have always been told Croydon is a nightmare to drove to but looking at map the route from Greenwich to those 2 roads are straight forward and more or less straight. 
  • Back on thread.... FM20 :)

@rudders There are plenty of spaces, but they will fill up so if nearer 9 (I don't know you're shifts) you might have to go across the road. Stanhope there is only the end of that that's £4.80 as the slightly nearer are like £8 so be careful. Check signs pay from 9-5 but you can park anytime before or after. I have got many tickets just part of the course unfortunately forgetting to pay or parking on a slightly different road and forgetting. Use Ringo just make sure you check its correct as it will default as your last parking place/car etc.

• Is the mobile version any good? Worth getting?
  • Robert said:
    Is the mobile version any good? Worth getting?
    I Would say yes, however it depends on who you are. I am happy with just the basic details and toned down (not as much depth) as its quick and easy to pick up and get through games. If you have an ipad my friend recommends touch as it has more features.  I don't normally play a lot of apps on my phone but for £8.99 I think its quite decent.
  • This championship lark is easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Finding a few things frustrating since full release. Anytime the oppo pump a ball over the top your two CBs stand still and let their player just run through on goal. Also whenever your full back has the ball they stand still on it for ages until they are tackled and the oppo counter - even when there are two or 3 easy passes available.
  • Started again when full game came out as I like to add some of the regional leagues.

In my current save I've just drawn 1-1 with Bristol City on Boxing day. Sitting 7th in the table one point outside the playoffs.

Leeds and Fulham are storming away. Fulham (2nd) are 10 points clear of Brentford (3rd) in the table.

Millwall bottom of the table, only 2 wins all season. One of them obviously against us. 95th minute winner, only meant to be 4 minutes added on! Lost 1-0.
  • Not a bad 1st season, finished 6th lost 2-0 in the Playoffs to Fulham(who finished 3rd with 92 points so was always gonna be tough) lost both legs 1-0
  • Very happy with my business over the summer tho.

Only player I sold was Toney, he had a poor season so offloaded him to Sunderland for 2.5M
  • Still looking at bringing in 1 more player before window shuts, my backline is really good for Championship, decent mids and attackers so need 1 AML.

Gonna play

---------------------Buffon---------------------
    ---Chester Lockyer Rojo Fuchs------
    ----------------Cullen Gallagher------------
    ------Brewster Longstaff ?----------------
    ----------------------Taylor------------------
  • edited November 2019
    Just need that attacking left player and my starting 11 is brilliant for Championship
  • Started again when full game came out as I like to add some of the regional leagues.

In my current save I've just drawn 1-1 with Bristol City on Boxing day. Sitting 7th in the table one point outside the playoffs.

Leeds and Fulham are storming away. Fulham (2nd) are 10 points clear of Brentford (3rd) in the table.

Millwall bottom of the table, only 2 wins all season. One of them obviously against us. 95th minute winner, only meant to be 4 minutes added on! Lost 1-0.
    Give it a week or two and you'll be able to download the proper English Lower League System that someone always puts together

https://community.sigames.com/topic/498100-wip-fm20-e20-england-to-level-20/

Is the thread you'll want to keep an eye on if so - Of course it'll mainly be the team you get to manage as be difficult to add the players too
  • Went with Ryan Sessegnon on loan from Spurs.

Starting lineup and bench

Feel sorry for the players not even on my bench tho some quality players waiting for injury or loss of form.

• How long would you give a new formation to take.

Last season I played a 4-4-2 Diamond

Changed this season to the 4-2-3-1 and lost my 1st 2 games.

Reverted back to the 4-4-2 diamond and won the next game.

Should I stick with the 4-2-3-1 and hope it works or as I know the 4-4-2 diamond works stick with that
  • What is their tactical familiarity?  If its less than 70% don't use it
  • Sponsored links:

• Have they made us mega rich yet
  • Mate got the mobile version, managed Everton and within 18 months on the game he's 14 points clear at the top of the Prem.

Said he regrets paying the £10 for it already.
  • AI in the mobile version is a bit shit to say the least.
  • Mate got the mobile version, managed Everton and within 18 months on the game he's 14 points clear at the top of the Prem.

Said he regrets paying the £10 for it already.
    AI in the mobile version is a bit shit to say the least.
    its great if you start as a lower leagued club and work your way up.  There's a challenge to it.  

However if u start as a prem club its like playing a game on easy mode.  You'll have the massive budget and players will join you.  The fun is reduced because you don;t have to 'play' the game you just 'watch' the game

I got the Mobile version and in my 3rd season as CAFC.  Promoted first season, narrowly avoid relegation the 2nd season (last 10 games i won 7 of them, just (Top Tip - play Defensive with Long Ball in your first season in the prem if promoted, the other teams hate it) ) and now 6th in my third season after 10 or so games

well worth the £8.99 i paid for it
  • So i started my season at the weekend. 3 games in Lyle Taylor gets a blood clot and is out for 5 months.I am struggling to stay up.
  • On the Computer Version of the game it is tough to keep them up! When I've been other teams and kept an eye on how they perform, they never finish above 3rd from Bottom. 
    Wait till the update comes in after the EFL sign off the new owners...... might be easier then!

• I got a new owner in my game, sitting 15th, about half way through January... new owner came in and spent 1.3m on a centre back who’s actually quite good... can’t remember his name but assistant rated him 4 stars. 
  • Got the full version. 

First season I finished 15th and the (new) board were made up. 

Second season and i'm 5th in January and the board have just taken away my nice wage budget as they havent got any money!

Went to loan Gallagher in January and could only offer £500 to Chelsea to take him!! Hes on £10k. 

CM is a bit light with injuries etc so need to do something so might have to do a Bowyer and get the yoof in!
  • Im just waiting to get relegated now. Ive beat West Ham in the carabao Cup i dont know what the board want from me lol. Ill see where my next adventure goes.