Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2020

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Have you tried using mixed passing and a higher tempo? You’re probably finding a lack of space in behind teams now that you’re the favourites going in to games. By playing short passing and a low tempo you’re giving them plenty of team to get back in to position.

I find using the attacking training session seems to help, as does the “get creative” shout.
    I'm a big fan of 'get creative' but as relentlessly inspired by the feedback as they may be it rarely seems to do anything I've found.

I think these lot are probably fit/good enough to crank up the pace a bit and knock the ball further so I'll change those and see how I go. Definitely seems to be a lack of getting in behind... but when I do my expensive donkey has a habit of blazing them into the stand (or even more annoyingly tries to be clever and chips into the keeper's arms)

I've generally left training the the assistant but add in 'match review' every Sunday and the odd team bonding in international breaks. Might need to become a bit more hands-on to get them attacking better...
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Have you tried using mixed passing and a higher tempo? You’re probably finding a lack of space in behind teams now that you’re the favourites going in to games. By playing short passing and a low tempo you’re giving them plenty of team to get back in to position.

I find using the attacking training session seems to help, as does the “get creative” shout.
    I'm a big fan of 'get creative' but as relentlessly inspired by the feedback as they may be it rarely seems to do anything I've found.

I think these lot are probably fit/good enough to crank up the pace a bit and knock the ball further so I'll change those and see how I go. Definitely seems to be a lack of getting in behind... but when I do my expensive donkey has a habit of blazing them into the stand (or even more annoyingly tries to be clever and chips into the keeper's arms)

I've generally left training the the assistant but add in 'match review' every Sunday and the odd team bonding in international breaks. Might need to become a bit more hands-on to get them attacking better...
    What are his shooting stats?
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Training might be where you're missing out. Focus more on the pieces you're lacking i.e. not scoring enough, do shooting drills. Not creating enough, more passing drills.

Team bonding is something I do quite often, probably every 2 weeks. Morale is key. On that note, if you go through a bad patch... a team meeting can help.  

Also, you might want to look at holding 1to1 player chats. I'd be having a chat with your forward. whether you decide to put an arm on his shoulder or tell him he needs to pick it up or he'll be dropped. That's up to you, I'd go with the latter personally.

What role is your forward? I always have Advanced Forward, one up top. Brewster is the man for me. Taken Charlton to the PL and regularly bangs in 15 a season (I'm in 2025)

• Options
    Try switching your 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 with a defensive midfielder, two mezzalas at centre mid and inverted wingers out wide. I've always found that gets the most out of vertical tiki taka and sees you create more chances even with the loss of the 10
  • Options

Training might be where you're missing out. Focus more on the pieces you're lacking i.e. not scoring enough, do shooting drills. Not creating enough, more passing drills.

Team bonding is something I do quite often, probably every 2 weeks. Morale is key. On that note, if you go through a bad patch... a team meeting can help.  

Also, you might want to look at holding 1to1 player chats. I'd be having a chat with your forward. whether you decide to put an arm on his shoulder or tell him he needs to pick it up or he'll be dropped. That's up to you, I'd go with the latter personally.

What role is your forward? I always have Advanced Forward, one up top. Brewster is the man for me. Taken Charlton to the PL and regularly bangs in 15 a season (I'm in 2025)

Agree on the training front. Set piece training is important too, regularly slip in corner/free kick/delivery training as the 3rd session of the day
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Here are the lads... been playing Olivera but Toure was meant to be the guy until he couldn't hit a barn door. Every time I drop him back in he's useless and just now 'vowed to end' his goal drought.

• Options
    No, I have built up the U23 squad and you are only seeing the filtered senior squad. 👍🏻
    I’d have sacked you, going out the Carabao Cup in the 3rd Round......
  • Options
    4-4-2 tika taka has been an absolute dream for me, saw my Cardiff side go 17 unbeaten in championship and I took over mid season they were in bottom three 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Here are the lads... been playing Olivera but Toure was meant to be the guy until he couldn't hit a barn door. Every time I drop him back in he's useless and just now 'vowed to end' his goal drought.

It's just a confidence thing, sometimes a player will struggle until their first goal, and after that they'll score loads
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Copy the French under 23 managers tactics! It worked for him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm enjoying a 4-4-2 Tika-Taka style. Lost in the Playoff Final in my first season as Charlton, then West Brom came in for me as they failed to get promoted. In the second season I smashed the Championship by getting 117 points. Now I'm 14 games into the Prem and sitting 6th. I really struggle with Training though, and I have to mess about with tactics and players to grind games out at times. Are there any tips on training that you guys have? 
  • Options
    There will be FM games out later this year but they’ll be later than usual due to Covid. It’s also impacted the features they had planned to include.
  • Options
    Last years version FM2020 is available free from Epic Games.
    as part of their free games of the week promo
  • Options
    I've started playing again after a 6 month absence.  I've just reached january and am 9th.  

Where I am still on Season 1 and havent played for about 6 years before this game, I dont know how to scout for out of contract European players, I can only seem to search the English league.

At the end of the season, I want to look at released youngsters from the top 4, how does anyone know how to do this?
  • Options

Under 'Scouting'.. you need to change the budget from UK+Ireland to Europe/Worldwide. You might not be able to do this though depending on who you manage and what budgets you have in place.

A way around it is come 01/07/20, go onto selected clubs' page and look at their transfers out... it will show released players.