Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Really hope they keep Bury in the game
  • Scoham said:
    Good fun, only wished it lasted longer and had more than half a dozen different endings!
  • edited October 2019
    Really hope they keep Bury in the game
    Why would they? This is a game of realism, not fantasy. As sad as what happened to Bury was, you can’t keep them around for sentimental reasons.

I’m sure there’s already somebody working on a patch for them anyway...
  • PSA: remember at this point you’re beta testing the game. If it’s buggy as hell thats literally the reason they’ve released it to you - so you’d do the bug hunting instead of them paying a company to do it. 
  • edited November 2019
    Downloaded beta last night, unfortunately was out so only got half an hour on it, and then hour on the train in this morning.

Almost ready for first pre-season game. Got most of my backroom additions in though. Headline signing Kim Kallstrom as DoF  :D
  • Enjoying it. Gone straight to Welling. I like the improvements, as always, I think what makes the franchise as great as it is, is evolution, not revolution. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone had any major problems with the beta or is it worth starting a season?
  • Anyone had any major problems with the beta or is it worth starting a season?
    No problems so far, but I've only got up to Carabao Cup second round - Exeter at home, next game.

So far off to a good start:

Blackburn W 1-0 (Cullen)
    CC Leyton Orient W 2-0 (Leko 2)
    Stoke W 1-0 (Taylor)
    Forest W 3-1 (Taylor, Gallagher, Cullen)
    Barnsley D 1-1 (Oztumer)
    Brentford D 0-0 

Sitting 4th in the table
    What formation are you using with us?
  • Scoham said:
    Anyone had any major problems with the beta or is it worth starting a season?
    No problems so far, but I've only got up to Carabao Cup second round - Exeter at home, next game.

So far off to a good start:

Blackburn W 1-0 (Cullen)
    CC Leyton Orient W 2-0 (Leko 2)
    Stoke W 1-0 (Taylor)
    Forest W 3-1 (Taylor, Gallagher, Cullen)
    Barnsley D 1-1 (Oztumer)
    Brentford D 0-0 

Sitting 4th in the table
    What formation are you using with us?
    At the moment trying the diamond 4-4-2

GK Phillips

DR Solly
    DRC Lockyer
    DLC Pearce
    DL Purrington

DM Field

CMR Cullen
    CML Gallagher

AMC Williams

STR Taylor
    STL Hemed

Solly out for Matthews for midweek games. Kayal occasionally coming in for Cullen or Gallagher. Oztumer swapping in for Williams.

Amos, Sarr, Bonne, Leko all on the bench regularly.

Others only been used for CC game so far.

Field has been really good in the DM position, our best player so far. Taylor, Purrington, Cullen and Gallagher have all been pretty good. 

Williams is a bit hit and miss so far. If he doesn't sort himself out soon Oztumer will definitely be playing more.
  • How epic would it be to setup a CharltonLife FM2020 online league.
  • Anyone having much success with Charlton? Any good tactics or bargain buys? Pleasantly surprised to see Roland gives us a £2.5m transfer budget...
  • Won the league with 4231. Gegenpress.

Kayal got injured early on so terminated his loan to free up wages. Got in Brewster on loan from Liverpool, Maghoma from Birmingham, Joao Luiz, Ben Marshall and Jordon Mutch on a free. In January sold Hemed and bought in Tommie Hoban on a free and Lewis Coyle from Leeds for £100k.

Taylor wants to leave at the end of the season to move to a bigger club. Moved to Slavia Prague on my go for £5.25m. You get c. £30m and £450k wages in the prem. There are a lot of good loans around including Patrick Roberts, Brewster (again) and some foreign players.
  • New features being released for FMM

Who's ready for some #FM20Mobile features? 

Once again, follow the thread... 🤳

New leagues and languages 🗺

The inclusion of the Danish and Greek leagues offers two new nations in which to base your managerial career, while Dutch and Portuguese languages are included for the first time #FM20Mobile https://t.co/CZpnu9prGi

Youth development revamp 👶

A revamped system for promoting youth candidates and improved developmental feedback combine with the ability to have senior players mentor your promising youngsters #FM20Mobile https://t.co/zSlZyrgMBi

Reserve teams and competitions 👥

Give youngsters game time through your reserve team. Maybe they’ll show enough promise to be thrown in at the deep end? Or maybe the national U21 side will come calling first? #FM20Mobile https://t.co/ruVvMMmwq3

Reworked news system 📨

Offering you the chance to more clearly see the effects of game events on your players, while more response options and happiness types are available too #FM20Mobile https://t.co/5TC84Adhqp

Rivalries 🆚

Named derbies spice up the build-up to crucial matches against your rivals, while enmity between clubs will now have a greater effect elsewhere in the game #FM20Mobile https://t.co/6imcDcrCxD

Matchday experience 🥅

An expanded match view, getting you closer to the 2D action, combines with more contextual information to make the match experience the slickest in the series so far #FM20Mobile https://t.co/zHngSiDh10

That's it for headline #FM20Mobile news. If there's anything you want to know more about, tweet us or ask on our forums. 

Football Manager 2020 Mobile is out November 19th 😍

• Some interesting stuff there, looking forward to the reserve league being added, fed up with trying to send all my youth players out on loan to try and get game time haha
  • I’ve heard the 4231 is a bit OP - is that true? I know there were issues with Gegenpress in previous versions.

Just asking before I switch my tactics in the middle of pre season... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve heard the 4231 is a bit OP - is that true? I know there were issues with Gegenpress in previous versions.

Just asking before I switch my tactics in the middle of pre season... :-)
    Pretty much the winning combo is as follows:

Lower leagues 4-4-2 with Control posessions.

Higher leagues 4-2-3-1 with gegenpress

:)
  • In March 2031 as Welling. In the Prem.

The game only really became challenging once I got to the Prem.

Used Gegenpress (4-3-2) to get to where I am, but struggling with it now. Generally don't like using wingers as like to fill as few positions as possible. 
  • How have you played 12 seasons already?
  • I haven't been working since the Beta came out, which has helped, and play a fair bit.

Also, outside of transfer windows in the lower leagues I tend to sim a lot of seasons once it is clear that relegation/promotion is not something that will happen, so sometimes I will sim Jan-May for example. 
  • I'm not going to use the pre set tactics this year, they make the game too easy I think. 
  • I have bought this game in advance this time. I thought that was odd I can download it now and notice it is the Beta Version. What is the difference between the Beta one and the real one? Is it worth doing the Beta one when then proper one is out on the 19th?  I am assuming Steam will update with a download on the 19th or is it a separate game? Can I start playing now as "normal" and then carry on where I left off as and when Steam does an update on the 19th? Does the beta version have exactly the same game as the real thing?
  • Rudders22 said:
    I have bought this game in advance this time. I thought that was odd I can download it now and notice it is the Beta Version. What is the difference between the Beta one and the real one? Is it worth doing the Beta one when then proper one is out on the 19th?  I am assuming Steam will update with a download on the 19th or is it a separate game? Can I start playing now as "normal" and then carry on where I left off as and when Steam does an update on the 19th? Does the beta version have exactly the same game as the real thing?
    Play the beta and it automatically switches over to the full game.. you dont need to start again when the full game is released.
  • Rudders22 said:
    I have bought this game in advance this time. I thought that was odd I can download it now and notice it is the Beta Version. What is the difference between the Beta one and the real one? Is it worth doing the Beta one when then proper one is out on the 19th?  I am assuming Steam will update with a download on the 19th or is it a separate game? Can I start playing now as "normal" and then carry on where I left off as and when Steam does an update on the 19th? Does the beta version have exactly the same game as the real thing?
    Play the beta and it automatically switches over to the full game.. you dont need to start again when the full game is released.
    Cheers Covered_End_Lad