Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Options
    Youth intake has always needed a revamp. It was always a lottery who you’d get, regardless of how much you spend. Also think it would be a better idea to have lower CA for the higher PA players, meaning that you’ve got to manage them properly to let them hit their potential. Also don’t like the fact their development pretty much dies at 21, which I think is too early, since a lot of England players have become world class into their mid twenties. 

Also I always found loaning players to be a waste of time. Very rarely did it aid their development. 
  • Options
    £25.85 on ShopTo. A Sega approved retailer so includes early beta access.

https://www.shopto.net/en/dwnld54186-football-manager-2020-pc-download-eu-p175389/
  • Options
    I am thinking of getting this on my phone or tablet. Is there much difference between the touch and mobile editions?
  • Options
    Does anyone have this seasons handbook? If someone can scan the pages with the U18 squad I'll pass it on to make sure they're included in FM20. For whatever reason the club don't include them on the OS anymore.
  • Options
    Wow release date for Mobile is same as on Steam, normally have ti wait a further month.

Bring on 19th November
  • Options
    Makes me sad every time I open steam that it's not out yet!
  • Options

I had to stop playing this since it gave me 9 migraines in a month. Must have been the eyestrain of trying to read the tiny text on a Microsoft Surface screen. The GUI really is designed for a massive screen. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

I had to stop playing this since it gave me 9 migraines in a month. Must have been the eyestrain of trying to read the tiny text on a Microsoft Surface screen. The GUI really is designed for a massive screen. 

Agreed! I bought a new laptop that was 14" screen and was devastated when I loaded FM up and how small the text was.

You can increase the text size which does slightly help. However I'm a lying down, laptop on belly kinda guy so not too far for me to read

• Options
    I am thinking of getting this on my phone or tablet. Is there much difference between the touch and mobile editions?
    I'd like to know this too. It's years since I've bought a FM game on desktop so want to know if the mobile/iPad versions are the same as the desktop version these days?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'd like to know this too. It's years since I've bought a FM game on desktop so want to know if the mobile/iPad versions are the same as the desktop version these days?

Nowhere near as detailed as the PC version.

IIRC, tactics are minute, media interaction is pretty much non existent. No online capabilities, no in-game editor. Match engine is nowhere near as good on mobile, Its still the old days of circles moving on the 2d pitch.

• Options
    Shame, I'd love a decent mobile FM game that I can play anywhere.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don't get me wrong mate its still a great game, and for £7 or whatever it is you cant go wrong, it's just nowhere near as detailed as desktop.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I've downloaded the last couple, play them for one weekend (trip away, flight) then don't really get round to playing it again really. I don't really play games on my phone. I personally felt it was ok but nothing on the PC format (I haven't bought that for probably 5 years approx.) just very basic, which is what you want from a mobile game or tablet. still not bad for the price if you have a daily commute or want to just play the odd eve, cost is so cheap its bargain still
  • Options
    In regards to phone, i havent had a laptop for a few years now so been stuck with what used to be FMH(Football Manager Handheld) or now FMM(Football Manager Mobile)

As others have said its a phone app that costs £7.99 so u cant expect much, its simple but still gives you the Football Manager experience,

No Press confrences, occasionaly u will get a question if a players is unsettled, and u get 3 choices to answer either he is going, he is staying or no comment, same if a player is doing bad, 3 choices, he is playing bad, you have faith or no comment and if a player is playing well, he is playing well, he is playing ok or no conment, thats pretty much it with the press.

training is minimum and actual match is dots which is hard to see whats going on(so i just have text normally).

The team u pick normally has all the youth squad like the current one had players like Wassim and youngster liks Charlie Baker James Goody so proper under 18 players, other teams have 1st squads and a frw youngsters but not all for instance, i startes with Charlton and Gallagher isnt in Chelseas reserves(not sure if he is if you start with Chelsea or not)

Its limited to 30 Seasons,

coaches are limited depending on your training facilities, when u start with Charlton you can have 1 assistant, 2 coaches, 3 scouts and 2 physios max.

Thats about it really
  • Options
    Am I the only one who still insists on playing FM with the 2D pitch?

1. I can’t be dealing with that nonsense match engine where the player characters move incredibly unnaturally.
    2. I like having the view of the full pitch to see how my players are positioned etc in real time.
  • Options

1. I can’t be dealing with that nonsense match engine where the player characters move incredibly unnaturally.
    2. I like having the view of the full pitch to see how my players are positioned etc in real time.

Increasing the match speed helps with player movement and making it look a bit better, more flowing for want of a better word. To be honest, I wouldn't call it unnatural movement. The below was filmed for FM2015, you can see the mapping they do to provide realistic and natural movement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN92RPIYaeo

2. yes that can help, however if you're not running the full 90min match then its not of much use if its just in the highlights. there is an analysis section in the player menu that shows full heat map and player touches which I think is best way of studying as it gives you the full reflection over 90mins, not just what you see on highlights. I can't remember where exactly that is, sorry if I'm not coming across clear.

• Options
    Commentary only
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't even do the 2D pitch anymore. I'm commentary only all the way 2002 style. My tactics are good, they're not listening to me anyway and I'm trying to get through as many matches as possible before I inevitably have to go to work/bed/do something an adult would do
  • Options

I often use 2D if I'm setting up and adjusting a tactic, like you say it gives you a full view of the pitch.
  • Options
    Beta should be very very soon I think.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    How do I qualify for this?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Buy the game, normally that's enough for beta access.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Yeah, it's automatic. I buy it on steam, and although the full release will be in mid November, you will be able to play the Beta from as soon as they release it, which I expect to be in the next few days.

It will be a bit buggy possibly (probably) but I tend to use it to do a Charlton save until I wait for a lot of the bugs to be ironed out, where I challenge myself with Welling.

Having said that, I think Bolton could be quite an exciting one this season.

12 points down and no senior players? Game on.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Won’t they have their free transfers and loans like Bridcutt Murphy etc in the squad? Or did they miss the cut off for that?
  • Options
    All squads should be up to date.