Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    My name is Lee Bowyer and I'm not going to mention the Top 6 again, as it's put too much pressure on the players to perform in games. 

+2 days and a contract update on the squad has been provided, with the main point being we don't know which division we will be in next year. We might get promoted to the Championship, or move to League 2, or stay in League 1. 
    Cant do much about avoiding that if he's asked the question...
    The same thing has happened to Bowyer as happened to Robinson and Pardew (and probably everyone else).

It's refreshing and honesty when they start.  They it becomes deflection, denial or outright ballshit (depending on your point of view).  The only difference is on the pitch and that changes people's views of what they are saying and doing. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Chuks is brilliant at this level, but not overly bothered if he goes because he will only start 25/30 games max, we need our main striker to play 40 plus.
    Don’t be shy @supaclive what’s tickled you here?
    Probably the fact he's scored 12 goals, played 26 games in a dogshite team with no service, has the best mpg stats and that's not good enough. 

Who said it’s not good enough?  I said he’s brilliant.  Just point that out for me?
    OK you said he's brilliant but not fussed if he leaves, maybe that's the funny bit ? 
    I knew comedy was in crisis but not this bad.

Chucks has started 12 games all season, his stats are phenomenal considering that.  But at the end of the day he’s 8th top scorer, I’d rather have thee top scorer, or someone near that at least, which I think is reasonable for a team with promotion aspirations.  

Doesn’t mean I don’t like chuks, it’s quite the opposite I think he class, but we need class for all the games not a fraction of games.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Chuks is brilliant at this level, but not overly bothered if he goes because he will only start 25/30 games max, we need our main striker to play 40 plus.
    Probably the fact he's scored 12 goals, played 26 games in a dogshite team with no service, has the best mpg stats and that's not good enough. 

Who said it’s not good enough?  I said he’s brilliant.  Just point that out for me?
    OK you said he's brilliant but not fussed if he leaves, maybe that's the funny bit ? 

Chucks has started 12 games all season, his stats are phenomenal considering that.  But at the end of the day he’s 8th top scorer, I’d rather have thee top scorer, or someone near that at least, which I think is reasonable for a team with promotion aspirations.  

Doesn’t mean I don’t like chuks, it’s quite the opposite I think he class, but we need class for all the games not a fraction of games.
    Do you think we could get 3 better than Chuks though? 

We could probably "manage his minutes" better of we had another 2 worthy of being first choice and didn't have to bring him on a half time when we are trying to rest him. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

We could probably "manage his minutes" better of we had another 2 worthy of being first choice and didn't have to bring him on a half time when we are trying to rest him. 
    That’s the issue of course, Peterborough got clarke-harris, probably no better than Chuks but plays Saturday/Tuesday.  

If Chuks can suddenly become the man who plays every game then brilliant by all means pump whatever funds we have to get him tied down but if next season we still have the chuks who can only start 12 games with two thirds of the season gone then I don’t think it’s the worst loss.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Ah for sure, I'd prefer the best striker, best defender and best GK amd maybe with no wage restrictions we will obtain that.. id also prefer not to be rebuilding our starting 11 each season too :)
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Ah for sure, I'd prefer the best striker, best defender and best GK amd maybe with no wage restrictions we will obtain that.. id so prefer not to be rebuilding our starting 11 each season too :)
    If you’re happy with the 8th top scorer then that’s cool for you, you must enjoy mid table league one.

And we wouldn’t be rebuilding our starting 11 because Chuks is rarely in it.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Ah for sure, I'd prefer the best striker, best defender and best GK amd maybe with no wage restrictions we will obtain that.. id so prefer not to be rebuilding our starting 11 each season too :)
    If you’re happy with the 8th top scorer then that’s cool for you, you must enjoy mid table league one.

Because that's exactlywhat I said isn't it.. 
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

That’s the issue of course, Peterborough got clarke-harris, probably no better than Chuks but plays Saturday/Tuesday.  

If Chuks can suddenly become the man who plays every game then brilliant by all means pump whatever funds we have to get him tied down but if next season we still have the chuks who can only start 12 games with two thirds of the season gone then I don’t think it’s the worst loss.
    To be fair, this isn't a ridiculous opinion. Chuks is great but he doesn't play enough games. We're pretty reliant on him, but that doesn't translate to a high position in the table because there's too many games where we don't have him. If we can keep him, great! If not, then it won't completely cripple us as either way we need to find a striker who can do what Chuks does but on a more regular basis. Dion Charles is definitely a player on the up, and with the cap being lifted and Accrington's general lack of funds he seems like an attainable target assuming they stay in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Because that's exactlywhat I said isn't it.. 
    But you are happy with the 8th top scorer.  Which is fine, I just think we should aim higher, and that’s where the debate ends doesn’t it, no drama.
  • Options
    I'm more worried that Bowyer thinks he has converted chucks into a striker and he is the reason he is scoring goals

JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    “Jake has done well this season. He started slowly in pre-season and I gave him a bit of a kick up the backside – pointed a few things out to him.  He responded in the right way, since then he’s been very good.“

“ Chuks is another one who we have converted into a striker that goes on and scores goals..... If we go up I’m guessing he would stay with us. He likes it with us. He is another we have got the best out of, so I couldn’t see why he’d leave if we went up.”

Bowyer has a tendency to claim credit when a player is doing well. Is that because he’s under pressure, or is he hoping players will want to stay if they feel they wouldn’t be a successful without him?
    I wonder if it makes the players feel undervalued.
    It’s a thread on Chuks’ contract and it’s still being twisted to somehow have a dig at the manager. He was asked a question and he answered it.

He said “we” not “I”. He’s speaking the truth, the clubs coaching staff have turned an attacking midfielder into a striker and it’s been a massive success for both the club and the player. Chuks will now likely go on to a Championship club as one of the countries most in-form strikers (using the goals to minutes metric).

We’ve also done similar with the likes of Leko, the coaching team are clearly proud of their ability to see things in players that other clubs don’t. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Although he has only started 12 games he has still played quite a lot of minutes.  If we had of had Stockley in the first half of the season he probably would have started more games, but had less minutes.

Yet another example of one of our players who is well worth a place in a top league one team but not one you would build a team around. 
  • Options
    So Bowyer thinks Chucks will stay if we go up. Well, that's that then.
  • Options
    Aim higher by all means but why should that be instead of Chuks? He is probably number one or top three at least in terms of goals per minutes played so the trick might be to get some more minutes out of him.
    I agree, as I already said, if he turns into the man who starts Saturday/Tuesday get him signed up with whatever he wants.  Big “if” though.
  • Options
    Very weird given that this is the same manager that froze Dillon Phillips out because he “only” had a year left on his contract and hadn’t signed an extension.
  • Options
    Aim higher by all means but why should that be instead of Chuks? He is probably number one or top three at least in terms of goals per minutes played so the trick might be to get some more minutes out of him.
    I agree, as I already said, if he turns into the man who starts Saturday/Tuesday get him signed up with whatever he wants.  Big “if” though.
    Maybe we need a crystal ball. Or maybe just try to sign him up eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Chucks won't be here next season. 
    Sadly, I think this is the case too. 
  • Options
    Maybe we need the medical team and coaching staff to decide that, probably the best option, eh.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

definitely the one that got away...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

definitely the one that got away...
    Absolutely, like for like Taylor replacement, without the attention seeking.
  • Options
    Maybe we need the medical team and coaching staff to decide that, probably the best option, eh.
    It doesn't matter anyway, as if things stay as they are now, he won't be signing.
  • Options
    They have to want to sign a contract in the first place... they likely don’t want to be in league 1 so are waiting on that. Rather than on our end...
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    esseffect said:
    They have to want to sign a contract in the first place... they likely don’t want to be in league 1 so are waiting on that. Rather than on our end...
    “Once we get nearer to the end of the season we will have more idea of what’s going on. As it stands we’re not doing any contracts."

Sounds like our end to me
  • Options
    Bowyer: "Jake is as good as he wants to be when he's at it."

Does his missus agree?

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Chucks won't be here next season. 
    Sadly, I think this is the case too. 
    What's with all this negativity, the season may be over for some of us, but in reality lets just take the positive that he is here for us this season, and we could still finish on a high, if he goes next year, then bye and thanks