Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    Hinting on social media this morning that he may be staying on?
  • Options

Not sure if that means lots of time left at the club or time at the club running out.

Time for the first WIOTOS of the summer 
  • Options

Not sure if that means lots of time left at the club or time at the club running out.

Or the time running out for someone to offer him what he wants. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Still a side of football I can’t get my head around.  Lots of players seem to take to social media and put up cryptic posts.  There’s nothing wrong with it per se, just comes across to me as a bit unprofessional.  If it is a post related to his contract, does he think putting an egg timer up on Instagram or whatever is going to make our management team go, oh s***, have you seen what Aneke has done, let’s move quickly to get this wrapped up.  It would just leave a bad taste in my mouth if I were negotiating with him 

It might be nothing, but I’m just saying that if it is in that context, then how would he feel if the official club Twitter put out a picture with a piece of paper and pen out on their feed 
    Gives us something to talk about though!
  • Options
    It looks as though he's staying to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he’s staying 
  • Options
    An egg timer to an announcement is how I read it.

If we sign him for another year, with NA (and our excellent medical team ;-), I would say that's huge. Having Aneke as a Super-Sub and we get to improve our first choice forward options is huge! It's different to needing and wanting Aneke to start every game. Everybody would be clear on their role. 
  • Options
    Wasn't Nads starting to talk to the out of contract players yesterday?

If so, I suspect Chucks would have been in his first five, so would assume an offer has been made already if we wanted to keep him on.
  • Options

He’s going ... obviously a Dylan fan as he chose a pic with a blue top to provide the message. 

‘It’s all over now baby blue’ 
  • Options
    I don't see why he's post something like that if he wasn't going to stay 
  • Options
    There's two ways to look at the post, and if anything, the post shows a willingness from Chuks side to stay with us. I don't see why we wouldn't want to keep him so I can see a contract being sorted out.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I'd love him to stay. Well above the level. Now we have a top medical department, more minutes on the pitch equals more goals. maybe an enticement would be to sign him for three years with the associated security it brings him.
  • Options
    Surely going to be an announcement of an extension - as others said why include various images of him in Charlton kit. If we can get him fit enough, with a proper pre-season, to play and start more games over the season then it would be worth it for sure.
  • Options
    If he's been told by Adkins that we no longer want him, or if he himself has decided to leave, i don't think he'd be posting that.

You'd surely just post a 'thank you to everyone and really enjoyed my time here' type message.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well it's only one of two things, either he has signed and putting a teaser post out for us

Or

He isn't getting what he wants/is saying time is ticking for the new season. Either one ain't great when you consider he has a lot of fans who will hang on to a post like this.

Not a fan of those types of posts unless you already know you're about to announce good news, otherwise it's just a bit attention seeky in my books
  • Options
    Hope he stays,his goals per minute record is excellent,some great strikers were mainly supersubs.David Fairclough,Solskaar,it just happens to be that some players are more suited as impact players rather than be in the starting line ups.So with the possible physical problems he has,the situation could be ideal.
  • Options
    My take on the IG post ... time is running out to offer a new contract and he’s turning his back on de cloob
  • Options
    My take on the pic.... It's now time we see the back of him... Or he's admiring his lockdown curves. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    My take on the IG post ... time is running out to offer a new contract and he’s turning his back on de cloob
    @Cafc43v3r has already suggested on the transfer rumour thread that he's turned down the contract offer of yesterday and is either hanging on for another offer or another Club.

Get the feeling that post would support that rumour.
  • Options
    It definitely could be a montage of his time at Charlton now it is coming to an end. We need to see what develops.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Addickted said:
    _MrDick said:
    @Cafc43v3r has already suggested on the transfer rumour thread that he's turned down the contract offer of yesterday and is either hanging on for another offer or another Club.

Get the feeling that post would support that rumour.
    No that was talking about the Bowyer contract negotiations I believe. 

*EDIT Doh you're right
  • Options
    Looks like he is in Bluewater at the moment. Spending some money as he has signed a new contract?