Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chuks Aneke - ed. Signs for Birmingham p24

Comments

• Options
    i know chuks has or had his fitness issues in the past here but as bows said and we have seen on most days hes pretty much unplayable and i doubt we could get anyone close to what he does on the pitch

now the cap has gone throw some money his way and get him signed up ffs money talks nomatter what league we are in
  • Options
    0.1% chance of promotion. 

I think for purposes of contracts they can assume League One!
  • Options

This. 

It's all a non story. We all know we aren't getting promoted. Article placed by the club to start to get fans to realise this when players leave on a free in the summer. I expect agents have already told the club this. It's called softening the blow.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Couldn't you circumvent that by having a contract based on the situation...

Promotion you get X terms
    Failure you get Y terms.
    You could even say if you sign now, and we don't go up you can leave before the 1st of July for x. 
  • Options
    My name is Lee Bowyer and I'm not going to mention the Top 6 again, as it's put too much pressure on the players to perform in games. 

+2 days and a contract update on the squad has been provided, with the main point being we don't know which division we will be in next year. We might get promoted to the Championship, or move to League 2, or stay in League 1. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    They said it would be looked at when the transfer window had shut.

I know Chuks has had fitness issues throughout the season and some would consider it a gamble whether he signs for us or a gamble for another team.

I think he’s already decided he’s gone (probably advised by his agent) or he’d have signed by now and the club would have made a big thing of it.

I did think this when he got left out recently for a couple of games, maybe LB thought his head wasn’t right,and then the debacle with the sending off.

I’d like Chuks to stay, if we could get his match time up each week, we’d have a heck of a player on our hands.

I think he’s proved he can do it in this division, but not proved it last season in the championship, when he was riddled with injuries.

On his day he’s unplayable in this division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This. 

It's all a non story. We all know we aren't getting promoted. Article placed by the club to start to get fans to realise this when players leave on a free in the summer. I expect agents have already told the club this. It's called softening the blow.
    I'm afraid Golfy is right.   The players we want to keep on contract next year will walk away to somewhere else.   Unless we pay them more than somebody else offers them.   With no cap, we may well do that.   If they decide to go elsewhere, it'll be money - or a higher league.   
  • Options
    would love him to stay as agree on his day he's unplayable - but can we pin promotion hopes on someone who only plays 50% of our games, hopefully his fitness issues are behind him and he signs up.

huge overhaul of the squad happening in the summer (whatever division) and they'll be an awful lot of players out of contract and we'll be decent payers I suspect in L1 (let's assume we ain't going up).

We'll be an attractive proposition....who knows who'll be available
  • Options
    They will likely go for free and presumably them and their agents will pocket a signing on fee elsewhere. Not really clear whether we've even made contract offers that have been turned down or are holding off ourselves 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Couldn't you circumvent that by having a contract based on the situation...

Promotion you get X terms
    Failure you get Y terms.
    It’s not about money it’s players that want to be playing Championship football. 

It’s no different than us in the Championship signing Aneke from MK Dons.
  • Options
    Shame as JFC and Aneke are two I'd love to keep at the club next season but that does sound like they will both be off 
  • Options
    Don’t buy that is the real reason that  Bowyer has given. It’s a good PR answer and is probably the only one he can give but I don’t believe that is the case at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I think it comes down to who is manager at the end of the season as to which players stay or go. 

I don't know either way what that looks like. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Not sure that's completely true, money is very important for a lot of players... I have known players willing to drop a league for money.
    Obviously money is very important to a lot of players but that’s not what I’m saying.

The point I was making is you can’t get Chuks to sign a contract now with wage clauses based on promotion/staying in League One like the OP suggested. 

He’s going to wait until the Summer and pick whatever club best suits his own ambition. I imagine a Championship club will take a punt and give him a 2 year deal.
  • Options
    Chuks is brilliant at this level, but not overly bothered if he goes because he will only start 25/30 games max, we need our main striker to play 40 plus.
    Don’t be shy @supaclive what’s tickled you here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Not sure that's completely true, money is very important for a lot of players... I have known players willing to drop a league for money.
    Exactly this. The vast majority of the Salford squad is there for the money, some of whom dropped down a division to go there. 
  • Options
    We must still be worrying about relegation...
  • Options
    So Chuks may be off at the end of the season, this was always on the cards if we don't at least reach the playoffs, and will probably be the same with JFC, this contract talk works both ways and is usual, in as much neither club or player will do much until they both know where we are.
    I feel that both players love the club and the teammates etc, but it is all about looking forward to their future, so, i would love them to sign, same as Stockley, let's just see how we end the season, i feel we could end on a high still, but then again, glass is usually half full anyway.
  • Options
    You can see Chuks joining someone like Luton. Championship club, convenient location for a former MKD player 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Chuks is brilliant at this level, but not overly bothered if he goes because he will only start 25/30 games max, we need our main striker to play 40 plus.
    Probably the fact he's scored 12 goals, played 26 games in a dogshite team with no service, has the best mpg stats and that's not good enough. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Probably the fact he's scored 12 goals, played 26 games in a dogshite team with no service, has the best mpg stats and that's not good enough. 

Who said it’s not good enough?  I said he’s brilliant.  Just point that out for me?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    My name is Lee Bowyer and I'm not going to mention the Top 6 again, as it's put too much pressure on the players to perform in games. 

+2 days and a contract update on the squad has been provided, with the main point being we don't know which division we will be in next year. We might get promoted to the Championship, or move to League 2, or stay in League 1. 
    Cant do much about avoiding that if he's asked the question...
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Cant do much about avoiding that if he's asked the question...
    Beat me to it. What else can he say? Can't blame Chuks for wanting to see what division we're in. He has proved he could be very valuable in the championship. He'd be a lot more effective for Forest coming on for twenty minutes than Taylor is.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Who said it’s not good enough?  I said he’s brilliant.  Just point that out for me?
    OK you said he's brilliant but not fussed if he leaves, maybe that's the funny bit ?