Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

BREAKING NEWS - ROLAND AND BOWYER FAIL TO REACH CONTRACT AGREEMENT

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Website is down, haven't had a chance to read it. Basic gist anyone?

can't reach agreement, going to appoint a caretaker manager.
  • That statement is a disgrace. Unless we are taken over and very quick we are finished
  • Statement is off the site now. 
  • Surprise surprise the website is now down as the comms team scramble to try and cover the Shitheads tracks
  • I seriously can't see us getting more than 15 points in the championship at this rate.... Its clear he wants to bury the club now...
  • edited June 2019
    More weasel self-justification.  

He ain't paying because he's tight.  For the sake of saving £150k a year he's about to flush more untold millions down the shitter.

• weird

• Sponsored links:

• This is really bad.
  • Charlton Athletic have been unable to reach an agreement with manager Lee Bowyer regarding the extension of his contract.

The fact the club is for sale has not helped with finding an agreement. The current owner needs to take into account that a new owner may want to appoint his own manager. However, this concern did not stop the current owner proposing a contract extension of one year to Lee Bowyer, even though the club may be sold in a few weeks. Under those circumstances a multi-year extension would not be good business practice.

In addition, since the club is still losing money, which is one of the reasons why the club has not been sold yet, the focus on reducing costs means that we are extremely limited on payroll increases. 

Lee has been offered a one-year extension to his contract at a level which is approximately three times what he had since his last increase when he became permanent manager in September. It is six times what he earned when he started as assistant manager in 2017 and 50% more than what any Charlton manager previously had (excluding the Premier League years). This reflects the strong desire we have to continue to have Lee as our manager. But Lee wanted much more.

The owner understands Lee’s point of view, because many Championship clubs pay huge amounts (some pay millions of £ per year) to their manager. It is fair that Lee feels he should be paid like many other Championship managers. That the average Championship club makes a loss of around £15 million per year is not something players should care about. The owners are crazy. 

This is why we could not come to an agreement. Another element may have influenced as well. Unlike previous contract discussions, Lee wanted an agent to handle it. We reluctantly accepted. However, involving a player agent in a manager’s contract discussion is not healthy. If the agent helps make the manager more money, it may result in the manager to have a more positive attitude towards players proposed by the same agent, a conflict of interest. Obviously, Lee is above such things, but it is nevertheless not a healthy situation. 

The club hasn’t started to look for any other manager in the meantime and does not intend to appoint a permanent manager, since the club is going to be sold. A caretaker manager will be announced in due course and in the meantime the other staff members will continue to prepare the upcoming season for which a lot of good work has been performed already.  

If Lee does change his mind before his contract expires and chooses to continue his good work at Charlton, he is still welcome to stay. 

However our ability to sell the club is the most important thing right now. 

• Just f**k off you Belgium prick. Sell the club to someone who knows what he is doing. My god this maniac is beyond belief.
  • Website down.

maybe this is another {...} moment and Lee might sign?

we can hope...
    Surely can't sign for someone that has just publicly thrown him under the bus? Or to be more accurate, tried to throw him under a bus but, as ever, ended up throwing himself under the bus, which he happens to be driving...
  • Statement is off the site now. 
    There for me 
  • Croydon said:

https://twitter.com/LouisMend
  • edited June 2019
    Edit:everyone had the same idea.
  • I've put the full statement in the opening post.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2019
    Omg!! RD is bringing the club to its knees 3 weeks after Wembley!!!!!!! But a massive thankyou to Lee Bowyer for an amazing job he did to get us up!! And RD Sell the club now and crawl back under your stone the idiot!! Thanks to Gallen JJ and Marshall to if they join Bow in leaving 
  • Website still up but statement is down. 
  • Croydon said:

They've not been able to agree a contract with Bowyer. In short, this is even though they've apparently offered him an absolute fortune and would have made him our highest paid post-Premier League manager. Greedy Lee wants even more though. Also some other excuses relating to the possible pending sale of the club. 

Very poorly written article. Sounded like bullshit, poorly written, almost as if someone was scribbling notes whilst speaking to Roland on the phone. All a bit odd, especially now it's been taken down.

• "Under those circumstances a multi-year extension would not be good business practice."

so by the same logic, there isn't any point in signing any players or keeping the ones you had last season.

its going to be a kids team managed by Burger Boy. at least that Belgian Cnut gets in the record books with the first 0 points season recorded in England.

just more evidence of the spiteful nature of the Belgian Cnut. there wont be a sale, the club will be run into non-league as some kind of vendetta.
  • What an malignant presence Roland is.  I can't believe that someone who has been successful in other areas of business would take this course of action for any other reason than spite.  You don't let your biggest assets just walk away with the veiled excuse that you can't afford to match other offers made by competitor at the same level because you think the competitors are 'crazy'

Temporary manager to be appointed......  Perhaps we should all send in applications.  Give the idiot something do do with his time instead of ruining something which has the potential to go places.
  • When are we protesting? I've felt they were disruptive before but this time I have finally had enough. 
    We'd turned a corner as a club, and felt like we were getting somewhere but this is the final straw. 
    Would not surprise me if he goes Derby and they line up with Bielik, Cullen, Taylor and Williams in their first team next season
  • "...would not be good business practice." made me laugh
  • Wow, just wow.

So we're just not going to have a manager?!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!