Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• I will ask my son if he wants to go and will go if he does.
  • Just brought our half a dozen tickets in the west behind the villa dugout to get a feel of how the the posh Charlton fans view the game before I'm demoted back to the north in a couple of weeks time
    Demoted back to the covered end. Keep up 😉
  • Just brought our half a dozen tickets in the west behind the villa dugout to get a feel of how the the posh Charlton fans view the game before I'm demoted back to the north in a couple of weeks time
    That's where we are to. We're going to get soaked.
  • Exactly Seth, he is a legend
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    it potentially clashes with the final day (4) of our historical first ever Test Match against Ireland at Lords , put me down as a maybe 
    See you there, game will be all over today.
    Love to be there but eldest son has a late (indoor if weather shit) cricket training session, pre a tour in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks , so can’t make it now booooooooooo 
    If going to Yorkshire they should train in the rain 😉
    We are talking about a pitch that they put the sprinklers on just before kick off on rainy days . That pitch won’t be unplayable because it’s wet.
    And me
  • edited July 2019
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    it potentially clashes with the final day (4) of our historical first ever Test Match against Ireland at Lords , put me down as a maybe 
    Love to be there but eldest son has a late (indoor if weather shit) cricket training session, pre a tour in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks , so can’t make it now booooooooooo 
    We are talking about a pitch that they put the sprinklers on just before kick off on rainy days . That pitch won’t be unplayable because it’s wet.
    A modern pitch needs more water than a standard grass field because the drainage is so good. To stop a game going ahead it needs a deluge before and up to the kick off of near biblical proportions. Seeing as our pitch has recently been fixed, I can't see any issues there.
  • Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Good god. They play cricket on plastic or a type of concrete? Thin edge and all that. What on earth are the chaps up there thinking.
  • Cricket off today so definitely going to the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• AshBurton said:
    Cricket off today so definitely going to the Valley
    Well done.
  • edited July 2019
    Scoham said:
    For those that can’t go and don’t have Valley Pass the game is being streamed via Villa’s YouTube https://youtu.be/SZQlUZ2Imwc
    Brilliant. Hoping they'll post is afterward as well (though there's a hack to watching on VP after the match finishes). Want to show the woman I'm dating her first Charlton match. She...has no desire to wake up at 7am. Ever. And though she does enjoy footy, she might very well kill me if she is awake at 7am on a Saturday. This feels like a good compromise.
    Think we will be okay hoping no rain between 3 and 5!!
    Or it will be my fault as I chose the seats as thought there might possibly be a bit of atmosphere there behind the villa dugout and close to a packed js full of brums
  • Plenty of "he's only 5ft 3, he's better than John Terry"  today I hope, will this be the first time they have been in the same ground together ?
  • Kids are excited
  • Train packed of Charlton fans from Slade green.
  • Will be following the result from Mallorca. Hopefully, a good showing and day to remember for the legend who is Chris Solly. 

I’ll make sure I recognise his achievements when he make 300 appearance for Charlton. Only two more to go.
  • If the platform at Lewisham is anything to go by, we’ll be outnumbered today about 10-1 !
  • Sponsored links:

• If the platform at Lewisham is anything to go by, we’ll be outnumbered today about 10-1 !
    Its like that at the stadium already, everywhere u turn is a Villa shirt
  • Lots of Villa milling around
  • Understand it,they have just been promoted via they play offs and are full of optimism  and looking forward to the new season.We still have RD and his "budget"
  • Also at lewisham well outnumbered 
  • Why is the sea bay closed??
  • I presume thats three at the back?

Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Sarr
    Solly |  Williams | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Purrington
    Aneke | Taylor
  • I presume thats three at the back?

Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Sarr
    Solly |  Williams | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Purrington
    Aneke | Taylor
    Yes, Aneke dropping into midfield at times to allow Williams to float out wide so we can double up when attacking.

Decent team, just need to pad it out with quality on the bench and one or two to come in as starters.

• New signings?

• New signings?
    Looking at there height, I reckon new signing for the Midfield.