Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I'll say this. Better I pay my money and not go than those that will and start booing the team which is a better than evens chance as Villa pull us apart. They will be treating it as a warm up for the season and it will be an important game for them as it should have been for us.

I don't blame Bowyer or any of the players, but tomorrow is going to be crap to watch unless Villa are completely disinterested.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Because we are going to be torn a new one by a Villa team preparing properly for the start of the season! Perversely, Bowyer's best bet is to treat the game as lightly as possible. I certainly have no interest in watching it!
  • Options
    Because we are going to be torn a new one by a Villa team preparing for the start of the season! Bowyer's best bet is to treat the game as lightly as possible.
    Still dont see why anyone would boo.

Everyone knows the day is for Solly.

I remember when we played Fulham and got our arses handed to us, at 4-0 down there was no boos and everyone was singing because noone expected any better anyway
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'd take 4-0 now. I think it will be worse than that. If it wasn't Solly's testimonial it would have been the big pre-season friendly. It is just Solly was given the respect of being given that game. Sadly, we have probably lost our best defender and if we say our midfield last season was 100, it is now about 40! This is not acceptable and it would have been better if Solly had been given another game. Villa will see the game, not as a testimonial, but as a warm up game. That is what the last game before the season start is for. 

Bowyer is capable of pulling rabbits out of the hat, but it will go down to the wire. This game is not going to be fun to watch!
  • Options
    It is what it is. Get your arses down there and show your appreciation for Solly. I doubt football will see many one club footballers at this level ever again.

I am expecting a bumper crowd as all the boycott boys and girls will be there.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm if tickets will be available to buy from the ticket office on the day? @Ollywozere
    very likely.
  • Options
    I'd take 4-0 now. I think it will be worse than that. If it wasn't Solly's testimonial it would have been the big pre-season friendly. It is just Solly was given the respect of being given that game. Sadly, we have probably lost our best defender and if we say our midfield last season was 100, it is now about 40! This is not acceptable and it would have been better if Solly had been given another game. Villa will see the game, not as a testimonial, but as a warm up game. That is what the last game before the season start is for. 

Bowyer is capable of pulling rabbits out of the hat, but it will go down to the wire. This game is not going to be fun to watch!
    You been on Golfies meds today
  • Options
    No and I am ensuring I won't be on them tomorrow. I'll buy a ticket out of respect for Solly, but my point is I will go and be in a foul mood for the rest of the weekend. Roland already has me simmering. I would love to be eating humble pie more than anything on this but we should be stronger at this point, a lot stronger.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d3aff824d932/five-things-to-do-at-chris-sollys-testimonial-game-on-saturday

Anyone else bringing a youngster? Is the activity zone suitable for a 2/3 year old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'l be there with my two daughters, 16 and 19 so a little old for the activity zone :smiley:

I hope it's a decent turn out for him, he deserves it.
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm if tickets will be available to buy from the ticket office on the day? @Ollywozere
    very likely.
    Wasnt sure if i would be around for this but ill probably go myself if this is the case. Any confirmation would be appreciated
  • Options
    very likely.
    Wasnt sure if i would be around for this but ill probably go myself if this is the case. Any confirmation would be appreciated
    Yes tickets available on the day as usual. 
    Figure of 1,300 sold is inaccurate.

Thanks Olly
  • Options
    very likely.
    Olly, are the prices hiked at 1pm? 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Near enough every first team player is putting out their own messages on social media encouraging fans to turn up. I get the impression there must be some sort of collective effort here knowing that attendance numbers look like they could be low. It’s a shame if so - Solly deserves a decent turn out - he lifted the trophy for us at Wembley FFS!
  • Options
    I think a lot of people are being niave. We're not a big club, therefore Charlton are never gonna get a big turnout for a non competitive game. 5k home sale would geniounely be impressive 
  • Options
    very likely.
    How many sold?

Excluding the 3k Villa are bringing.
  • Options
    Blackpool 0 Charlton 2

Solly's 20 yard screamer and then running the entire length of the pitch to the Charlton fans, top geezer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This weather is not going to help with the walk ups.
    A strange day ahead.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    it potentially clashes with the final day (4) of our historical first ever Test Match against Ireland at Lords , put me down as a maybe 
    See you there, game will be all over today.
    Love to be there but eldest son has a late (indoor if weather shit) cricket training session, pre a tour in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks , so can’t make it now booooooooooo 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    This weather is not going to help with the walk ups.
    A strange day ahead.
    Cant see it myself, it’s only a little monsoon weather, charlton fans are made of sterner stuff, they’lll still turn up in their hundreds 
  • Options
    Yes turn up today .
  • Options
    Hope the pitch is coping with all this rain. Be such a shame if it's waterlogged.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    it potentially clashes with the final day (4) of our historical first ever Test Match against Ireland at Lords , put me down as a maybe 
    See you there, game will be all over today.
    Love to be there but eldest son has a late (indoor if weather shit) cricket training session, pre a tour in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks , so can’t make it now booooooooooo 
    If going to Yorkshire they should train in the rain 😉
  • Options
    I'll be there
  • Options
    Just brought our half a dozen tickets in the west behind the villa dugout to get a feel of how the the posh Charlton fans view the game before I'm demoted back to the north in a couple of weeks time