Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    I presume thats three at the back?

Phillips
    Oshilaja | Lockyer | Sarr
    Solly |  Williams | Pratley | Forster-Caskey | Purrington
    Aneke | Taylor
    Yes, Aneke dropping into midfield at times to allow Williams to float out wide so we can double up when attacking.

Decent team, just need to pad it out with quality on the bench and one or two to come in as starters.
    That team gets thrashed in this league.  Need 5 or 6 better players to start, not more padding. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor
    Yes, Aneke dropping into midfield at times to allow Williams to float out wide so we can double up when attacking.

Decent team, just need to pad it out with quality on the bench and one or two to come in as starters.
    That team gets thrashed in this league.  Need 5 or 6 better players to start, not more padding. 
    Which five or six would you remove from that starting line up though?

The only two I have doubts on are Solly and Pratley; Solly surely wont start against Blackburn with Dijksteel replacing him
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor

The only two I have doubts on are Solly and Pratley; Solly surely wont start against Blackburn with Dijksteel replacing him
    For me I wouldn't have the following as automatic starters.

Solly
    Pratley
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 

However team actually looks better on paper than I thought it might. Djiksteel for solly and then 2 midfielders and pacey striker and we be ok.

• Options

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor
    From the warm up it looked like Oshilaja is playing defensive midfield, sitting in front of Lockyer and Sarr?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor

Solly
    Pratley
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 

However team actually looks better on paper than I thought it might. Djiksteel for solly and then 2 midfielders and pacey striker and we be ok.

Oshilaja is the only other I'd consider as being a non-starter but thats because we've got all four Centre-Back slots filled

Aneke will start for me, he's a big unit so will be useful when defending set pieces
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor

Solly
    Pratley
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 

Oshilaja is the only other I'd consider as being a non-starter but thats because we've got all four Centre-Back slots filled

Aneke will start for me, he's a big unit so will be useful when defending set pieces
    Hopefully he can step up but Aneke was playing league 2 football last year. Nothing to do with him or his style but I am still scarred from our last mk dons forward  
  • Options
    Midfield and up top is very light. Not worried because we have been constantly told that we would rely on loan players. Expecting a busy week on that front.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor

Solly
    Pratley
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 

Hopefully he can step up but Aneke was playing league 2 football last year. Nothing to do with him or his style but I am still scarred from our last mk dons forward  
    The last MK Dons forward was signed by Pardew

This one was signed by Gallen and Bowyer... ;)
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    cs1986 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sage said:

Phillips
    Aneke | Taylor

Solly
    Pratley
    Aneke
    Oshilaja 

The last MK Dons forward was signed by Pardew

This one was signed by Gallen and Bowyer... ;)
    🤞
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I also think the only alternative option to Aneke will be Oztumer in the CAM role

Reckon Chuks would get the nod most weeks in that respect (Unless he's moved up front) due to his physicality
  • Options
    Empty ground.

Forgotten how short Harriott is...
  • Options
    I'm not surprised friendlies never attract a crowd. Maybe should of gone with £10 tickets too
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I'm not surprised friendlies never attract a crowd. Maybe should of gone with £10 tickets too
    Testimonial for club legend Chris Solly - our support is embarrassing.
  • Options
    Anyone got VP working? Just buffering for me. 
  • Options
    Working now. 
  • Options
    So are these hints at the squad numbers do we think?

Purrington 3 from Page?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Testimonial for club legend Chris Solly - our support is embarrassing.
    Our support is clearly not embarrassing but I get what your saying. It would of been nice to have more there but i think a lot of people feel the days of testimonials are gone with the money in football now. 
  • Options
    It's on Aston Villas YouTube channel if you are having problems
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Bloody legend!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Bloody legend!!
    Welcome pal.
  • Options
    Looks like a diamond with Deji as the holding midfielder, Williams in the hole.
  • Options
    Well its taken me 3mins to tell their commentator to piss off

Apparently the Valley isnt an easy Ground to get to!!... Especially when its 2mins from the station and not in a middle of no where retail park like so many grounds these days
  • Options
    Aneke is a proper unit isnt he!!
  • Options
    Camera is in the west stand, ground looks very empty sadly 
  • Options
    Sarr and Phillips not learned ffs
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Cheers. VP shite, so now on AV YouTube. 
  • Options
    Well its taken me 3mins to tell their commentator to piss off

Apparently the Valley isnt an easy Ground to get to!!... Especially when its 2mins from the station and not in a middle of no where retail park like so many grounds these days
    I think they're spoilt, what with Villa Park being visible from the M6. Still a bugger to park nearby though.
  • Options
    Are we wearing the new home kit?
  • Options
    Are we wearing the new home kit?
    Yes