Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Aston Villa (Chris Solly testimonial) - Match Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Enjoyed being back at The Valley, but so much of our club screamed amateurish today
    Yeah, they ran out of hot dogs and hot water for the tea at half time. I wonder who ate all the hot dogs, eh?
    You was lucky brought 5 of the little f**kers @ £4.30 a go and honest they were the worst thing I've ever eaten inside a football stadium. 
    And no we only had one each before you ask
    Absolute shocking
    If you're buying anything from the twunt's toxic tearoom you can't complain it's rank - that's the bitter taste of karma for continuing to subsidise his senseless vandalism of the football club we once knew.
    Don't give me any of that bleeding heart excusery about how he doesn't get the proceeds directly.  Feeding the beast through whichever agents/contractors/smoke'n'mirrors he's exploiting, is collaboration pure and simple.  Catering, club shop, sponsorship, executive boxes, they're all eventually inflows to the twunt.  Cut off the cash supply and he'll divest sooner.
    Not a penny more.
    So we can't take food into the ground and now we can't feed our kids at the ground? Thanks for the memo. 

Your 'not a penny more' motto ignores the fact that Duchatelet just keeps adding the debts of running the club to his sale costs. 

Fantastic.
    Why can’t you take food in?
    Genuine question. 
  • I have seen people take food in. 
  • edited July 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Enjoyed being back at The Valley, but so much of our club screamed amateurish today
    Yeah, they ran out of hot dogs and hot water for the tea at half time. I wonder who ate all the hot dogs, eh?
    You was lucky brought 5 of the little f**kers @ £4.30 a go and honest they were the worst thing I've ever eaten inside a football stadium. 
    Absolute shocking
    If you're buying anything from the twunt's toxic tearoom you can't complain it's rank - that's the bitter taste of karma for continuing to subsidise his senseless vandalism of the football club we once knew.
    Don't give me any of that bleeding heart excusery about how he doesn't get the proceeds directly.  Feeding the beast through whichever agents/contractors/smoke'n'mirrors he's exploiting, is collaboration pure and simple.  Catering, club shop, sponsorship, executive boxes, they're all eventually inflows to the twunt.  Cut off the cash supply and he'll divest sooner.
    Not a penny more.
    So we can't take food into the ground and now we can't feed our kids at the ground? Thanks for the memo. 

Your 'not a penny more' motto ignores the fact that Duchatelet just keeps adding the debts of running the club to his sale costs. 

Fantastic.
    Genuine question. 
    Stewards at Rochdale took our food out of our bag and binned it in front of us. I just assumed it was normal. Like at the cinema etc... So we bought food in the ground for this fixture.

At Rochdale, we only had fruit (yes a Banana, some strawberries) some Haribo and some Malteasers... 
  • As for the footballing fayre on show, specifically from those in Charlton red (or yellowish)
    Taylor, Purrington, Nabi, Phillips, Williams all looked good, Solly ok, JFC rusty as heck (corners wtaf?), Oshilaja's lack of preseason writ large, Lockyer lightweight slow and fallible, Aneke looked really good - I'll come back to him, if that's Harriott's idea of a job application he misread the spec, Amos oh dear.  Other appearances little more than cameos but George Lapslie gave us an almost perfect personal précis: loads of energy and desire, good pace strength and vision then the final ball/critical pass/key moment arrives and.... oh dear 
    To avoid a cricket score at Ewood LB's gonna have to put out a defensive formation everybody's familiar with and skilled for. That 3 at the back experiment is an incoherent mess nobody has the first idea nor the skill set, only Nabi has the physicality.  Jason Pearce has to be in a back 4 until such time as the numbers and quality of what's available can suit LB's wishes.
    Chuks Aneke looks a fine player.  For him to break down with ostensibly the same issue as Gillingham a week before suggest monumental stupidity on somebody's part.  I don't really get that the player might pretend he is fitter than he really feels cos he knows what he risks, especially with no competition for places.  Whatever CA said he thought was up, for the coaching staff not to have properly appraised the so called 'twinge/cramp' with y'know actual doctors and a scan and that, is moronic and inexcusable.  Add in the paucity of playing resources and it defies description.
    Only a massive dose of good luck is gonna see CA lining up at Ewood and delivering 90 minutes of what he has to offer.  For the coaching/management setup there are truly no hiding places on this one - not even the laundry basket.  Thunderprats all.
    And that's before the twunt gets to sell off any more of the squad...
    Ewood Park is a chillingly inhospitable place, even in August, this year's visit is giving me nightmares already...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    _MrDick said:
    Absolute shocking
    Not a penny more.

Fantastic.
    Genuine question. 
    Stewards at Rochdale took our food out of our bag and binned it in front of us. I just assumed it was normal. Like at the cinema etc... So we bought food in the ground for this fixture.

At Rochdale, we only had fruit (yes a Banana, some strawberries) some Haribo and some Malteasers... 
    Genuinely shocked that they did that. 
    I used to take food in & I bring my own sweets/water in cinemas. 
    Sod paying over the odds especially when you have a family. 
  • If there is no vegan option in the ground then a person ought to be allowed to take something vegan in.
    Like a banana for instance.
  • The old folks along from me in row A block K west upper bring a veritable picnic every week. I’m sure they will continue to do so. 
  • Thinking about it a family who sat alongside us in the Upper North brought their own food in with them every time, along with flask of coffee. 
  • edited July 2019
    Thanks for the responses regarding food, will go back to saving a few quid at least by bringing food to the few games I make this season.

So I've just re-watched the game as I finished early today and other than the crappy cuts in footage I'd like to rate the players in two halves as they were really quite different performances. 

First Half
    Phillips 7 - Nothing could be done about the goal, he was left stranded. 
    Solly (c) 6 - A good half, solid when he needed to be but that weird crab run he does lets in a cross 9/10 times. 
    Oshilaja 7 - Looked really solid in front of defence. Seemed to be able to mop up anything the CM's lost.
    Lockyer 7 - Worked tirelessly and read the ball in the air well. 
    Sarr 6 - A bit targeted, did well to deal with the pressure, we missed his cross field passing for Taylor and Aneke to work off of.
    Purrington 7 - Another good half, tracked his man well, forced a few Goal kicks when corners were expected. 
    Pratley 8 - His experience showed. He was everywhere. 
    Williams 8.5 - Absolute stand out for us, he was attacking, he was defending he is our signing of the pre-season for me.
    Forster-Caskey 7 - Played well first half when we were passing it about nicely and whilst we mostly matched them
    Aneke 7 - Big, strong, agile. If he can shoot or pass quicker in front of goal, he should be a striker... can see that he'd do well at CAM too which would add some size to our midfield. 
    Taylor 7 - Maybe not the performance I remember. Great player, worked hard and wound up his opposition well. 

Second Half 
    Amos 3 - Seriously what an awful performance. Maybe Maynard Brewer should get a chance sooner than we thought. What was he doing for McGinn's second?
    Solly (c) 5 - He tired and it showed too many balls in from his side. He cannot play the same running game Dijksteel can. Disappointing Testimonial really
    Dijksteel N/A - Not on long enough to judge.
    Oshilaja 5 - Pulled into the CB position it left us exposed and we were punished, a couple of mix ups with JFC and Lasplie 6 - Came on and nullified a few attacks playing in front of defence. 
    Lockyer 5 - Looked like Oshilaja coming into defence at half time really messed with his positioning... Don't Like Oshilaja in the 3.
    Sarr 6 - Continued to be targeted, stood up well through the middle, we needed those cross field balls still.
    Purrington 4 - What a second half... He was targeted more so than Sarr and couldn't handle it, what was he doing for McGinn's second?
    Pratley 5 - The formation shuffle didn't work for him, meant he kept getting caught out of position. 
    Harriott 6 - Didn't do much but should have had an assist and wasn't scared to run at Villa.
    Williams 7.5 - Continued to be our best man on the pitch. Tired before going off.
    Doughty 6 -  Looked strong and combative. 
    Forster-Caskey 6 - Wasn't as bad as I thought. Two times he should have tracked back quicker and jogged instead, one of them led to their third.
    Aneke 7 - Big, Strong, Agile, Got a couple of shots off, do that faster and he'll make a FW yet.
    Morgan 6 - Seemed a bit lost, chasing shadows and that ball that came to him, he just had to run onto it. Maybe overawed by the opposition. 
    Taylor 7 - Tired and it's no wonder why. looked good for chunks, but disinterested at others... What a perfect penalty though.
    Bonne - Not on long enough to judge

Averages:
    Phillips 7
    Amos 3

Solly 5.5
    Lockyer 6
    Sarr 6
    Purrington 5.5

Oshilaja 6

Pratley 6.5
    F.Caskey 6.5
    Williams 8

Aneke 7
    Taylor 7

Subs
    Lapslie 6
    Harriott 6
    Doughty 6
    Morgan 6
    Bonne N/A
    Dijksteel N/A
  • If we're doing this,

Phillips 6.5 looked assured but had little to do really
    Solly 20 thanks for your service Sols
    Lockyer 5.5 some good moments but became slightly overwhelmed and his passing radar was way off
    Sarr 7 has found his level ;) great duel with Davis
    Purrington 6.5 apart from a few errors towards the end I thought he was pretty solid
    Oshilaja 6.5 I like his energy and presence, could be a great asset
    Pratley 6 one good burst into the box early in the second half aside, he is the contraception of the venereal disease that is creating anything, but he is awfully large
    JFC 5 a couple of good blocks; numerous errors
    Williams 7.5 superb player
    Aneke 7.5 wow! 
    Taylor 6.5 and that's with a +1 for the penalty - found it hard to get into the game

Amos 4 urgh, he may have presence coming for the high ball but he doesn't half like a dive in vain
    Lapslie 5 one delightful pass aside, he was a bull in a china shop, and would have had at least one yellow in a real game
    Harriott 6.5 came on for Pratley and immediately we looked like we had some attacking purpose - he also got some defensive work in, clearly wants a contract
    Doughty 4.5 Purrington was having to basically coach him on the job

• Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    and i like the announcer and ive never had a problem with audibility 
    it depends where you are located

• Always bring food in rucksack to feed my kids and friends kids , to stop mates spending money in the outlets who pay Roland to be there .
    always leave litter as well
    I’m happy to help increase his costs in any way shape or form .
  • bc_addick said:
    seth plum said:
    It was again disappointing that our appalling communications on match days was out there for all to not hear.
    There is some vague sound coming through but no effort to mitigate its failings, especially with the inarticulate gabbling of the announcer for whom diction is probably a book in a library. At half time some sort of something went on involving children and visually there was a person with patronising body language crouching over little kids, and aurally there was some kind of spoken stuff which the announcer did nothing to improve to compensate for the technology. When substitutions were made it was impossible to figure it out who or what from any announcements.
    If there were a  emergency requiring  clear announcements we will be unsafe and at risk. Even bad technology can be adapted to if there is a will to do so.
    I will be dug out for criticising, the technology will once again be blamed, yet there will be no effort to resolve the problem.
    Dear Seth jow9w;lQW
    @l,vkokbkkbkoefs;'as pwoijpwoefimmod[poqwoqw plus the PA is not very good 98f89094

hxn cklnknlc knlkasakl;cnnqkncninnivnwpinbcnp'i  Lots of love (in a non patronising way) BC :-)
    Brilliant!!
  • Always bring food in rucksack to feed my kids and friends kids , to stop mates spending money in the outlets who pay Roland to be there .
    Leaving litter is good. Even chucking it out of car windows. 

Litter = jobs.

Every little bit helps!
  • Redrobo said:
    Always bring food in rucksack to feed my kids and friends kids , to stop mates spending money in the outlets who pay Roland to be there .
    Leaving litter is good. Even chucking it out of car windows. 

Litter = jobs.

Every little bit helps!

I don’t park in the potholed zone so no litter from me there