Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New kit and sponsor (P108, 2021 new 3rd kit)

Comments

• Options
    I like a blue Charlton kit. Very nice that. 
  • Options
    Shirt is a nice colour. Kit would've looked nicer if the socks were also light blue. 
  • Options
    We basically need a Charlton version of this: 

• Options
    Very nice for a third kit! Hummel have produced a lot of decent shirts this season. As a bit of a football shirt geek, I've noticed that a lot of Hummel's new kits have the 'retro' hummel logo, whereas this one has the same hummel wording we had last season, I'd be interested to know why the difference between some shirts/teams and others. 
  • Options
    Very nice for a third kit! Hummel have produced a lot of decent shirts this season. As a bit of a football shirt geek, I've noticed that a lot of Hummel's new kits have the 'retro' hummel logo, whereas this one has the same hummel wording we had last season, I'd be interested to know why the difference between some shirts/teams and others. 
    Likely that it's a catalogue strip which is probably why. Would expect the home and away to have the new logo. 
  • Options
    What’s the point of a third kit? There should be no need.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Depends what colour the away kit is. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    We faced Doncaster in our third kit last season because had we worn our home kit then it would have clashed with the red in their home kit

Had we worn our white away kit then it would have clashed with the white... in their home kit :)

So if we've got a white away kit again then expect this to be used when we face Brentford and Stoke, plus a few other teams for the sake of it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    If the away kit is white and we play a team in red and white, we'll need a third kit for that game. Most teams have a third kit nowadays
  • Options
    So our away kit won't be blue, we had white last season, yellow was the third kit so unlikely but possible, which leaves black or a sexy green/purple number. 
  • Options
    Interesting that the women will be using this as their away kit, strange that they aren't using our second kit
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    The red home kit clashes with Stoke and Brentford and presumably so does the away kit.

So like last season when we had a third kit for Sunderland and Doncaster
  • Options
    Quality that is!!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

also, more to flog in the shop
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but, I don’t think we sold the third kit last season as it wouldn’t be used very often 
  • Options
    very nice, should've gone for the same colour shorts too.
  • Options
    We also wore the third kit against Bristol Rovers iirc when it wasn’t needed. One of a minor annoyances of mine when it comes to kit clashes (or not in this case).

As for this kit, it’s a bit of a weird colour! But it’s fine as an alternative to the home and away. No issues with it being a template either when the home and away will be bespoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but, I don’t think we sold the third kit last season as it wouldn’t be used very often 
    It was sold in limited numbers.
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

It was sold in limited numbers.
    I don’t know why but I thought that because it was a catalogue kit and we wouldn’t need to wear it that often, they had decided not to sell it.
  • Options
    think they only sold adult sizes
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Just a simplistic attempt to raise revenue.
    Kit clashes are decided by referees, which is bad enough given the standards of their eyesight and grasp of reality, but they themselves are also compelled to prance about in an ever more infantile wardrobe of multicoloured pyjamas, ensuring maximum 'coincidence' of kit colour incompatibilities.
    A cynic might even imagine that the EFL is in the pay of kit manufacturers...

I'm sure as I can be there'll be no ownership change this season - that 3rd shirt is the first CAFC kit I'd have considered wearing in about a decade (excepting the current protest shirt, natch) but obv I can't entertain buying one cos NOT A PENNY TIL HE'S GONE FOR GOOD
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Croydon said:
    Although, as most have pointed out, there are clear reasons for a third kit if the first two clash with another team’s home kit, clubs do seem to make three kits when it’s just not necessary.
    It’s only really teams in red, white or blue that could need a third kit (and that’s only if they choose red, white or blue as their change strip) due to other teams wearing red/white, blue/white, red or claret/blue combination kits (Sheffield Wed, Sheffield Utd, Soton, Brentford, Blackburn, Stoke, Burnley, Villa etc.
    Teams like Norwich, Watford and Wolves have no reason for a third kit other than to sell more shirts - but even then, does anyone really buy all of their clubs shirts? (Disclaimer - I suppose if these teams had a red away shirt, they might need a third kit purely to play Bradford away from home!)

If memory serves, about 2 or 3 years ago, Norwich brought out three kits - Home was Yellow with green shorts (correct), away was green (ok, but strange that you didn’t choose a different colour), third was, er, yellow and green (wtf?). Now that is ridiculous.

• Options
    With those shorts and socks I make that one of the worst Charlton kits I have ever seen.
  • Options
    I think that kit's a bit of a yikes. The blue is a bit too neon and somehow the dark blue bit on the shirt feels like it clashes with the shorts despite it being the same colour. It looks like a training kit, but I suppose seeing as it will be a rarely used third kit is basically is. Does that mean we're getting a white away kit again seeing as this kit exists? I was hoping for a black one
  • Options
    Excellent. That's the obvious one to redesign in a modern style. I feel like half the people I saw at Wembley were wearing that or the green and purple striped one