Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ticket sales (38,227 Addicks Going to Wembley)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Might this surpass the all-time single game record set in 1938 for attendance at a match involving Charlton?
  • Options
    Addicks have 38,000 going, but Chelsea and Arsenal only have only sold 8,000 combined for the Europa League final. :D
    i'd hazard a  guess that it just might be because it's an 11pm kick off in Baku, Azerbaijan. I could be wrong though.
    Could be a factor.
  • Options
    To put this into perspective, we’re  virtually filling the equivalent of Stamford Bridge, give or take a few thousand, with Charlton fans. 
  • Options
    April
  • Options
    Addicks have 38,000 going, but Chelsea and Arsenal only have only sold 8,000 combined for the Europa League final. :D
    i'd hazard a  guess that it just might be because it's an 11pm kick off in Baku, Azerbaijan. I could be wrong though.
    What time would the Charlton coach leave ?
    Orient express would sell out.

Chelsea fan I know is flying to Tblisi and then spending £50 on 7.5 hour taxi ride to Baku.
  • Options
    Not comparable. Can't criticise any Chelsea or Arsenal fan for not going either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    kilian_om said:
    I had a few beers with my Serbian mate last night. When I told him the gate was expected to be 80k he was gobsmacked. He referred to it several times during the evening. This is going to break records. We could not think of anywhere in Europe where two third tier clubs could play each other and get anywhere near 80k, in living memory.
    I feel like if Kaiserslautern played Karsruhe or Rostock, in the german 3rd tier, were to play a hypothetical league one play off final, they might be nearing that attendance
    Yes we certainly agreed that Germany is the one country with a third tier (and away fan culture) to get to that figure. I just looked it up and although they have playoffs it is 16th in B2 v 3rd in B3 over two legs so we cant directly compare.

Mind you it's all academic after @plentyofshots reminded us of the Checkatrade attendance. I'm still trying to get my head around that figure.
  • Options

Chelsea fan I know is flying to Tblisi and then spending £50 on 7.5 hour taxi ride to Baku.
    My Chelsea mate and his son, along with six others in his group are flying to Ankara, overnight stay followed by a return flight to Baku in time for the final with another overnight stay in Ankara.

Total cost £680 each with another £500 on booze.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

My Chelsea mate and his son, along with six others in his group are flying to Ankara, overnight stay followed by a return flight to Baku in time for the final with another overnight stay in Ankara.

Total cost £680 each with another £500 on booze.
    My Chelsea mate is doing something similar. 
    Tbf  much respect. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Duh. Still makes me happy to see that fiasco unfold.
  • Options
    My Chelsea mate hasn't been to a game for 20 years  :(
  • Options
    ***copied from my post on the spares thread***

I have 2 adults and 1 under 22 in block 552 spare if anyone is interested. 

Face value (adults £30each, U22 £22.50)

PM me if interested 
  • Options
    I don't want to go to Chelsea
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    WSS said:
    +2000 eh @SoundAsa£

That figure of 38,227 is only the number sold by the club.....the 2000 I have indicated are those sold by Wembley “directly” to Charlton fans....Hospitality packages, private boxes plus VIP tickets for staff, directors and directors guests etc. True it’s a guess but I think it’s about right.
    I think whatever figure given out by the club we need to add a further 2000 Charlton fans/followers into the mix......so I confidently put the figure of 40 to 41,000.

you don't count Soundas, lets face it you and others like you sitting in your lounges quaffing wne are not really 'proper' Charlton fans. You're part of the vol au vent scoffing 'Football Family' brigade.

38,227 Proper Charlton there. FACT

Fuck me.......who rattled your cage then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Language Timothy. 
  • Options
    The Larkfield one would have left in March. 
  • Options
    our numbers are brilliant for us,  with our home ground all 20 miles away .

but 85k for that lump of shit checkatrade trumps anything that we will bring on Sunday for a League One Play Off Final and it wasn't from two teams who are 20 miles away .

• Options
    Exactly what the Mackems are saying. If we were playing them at Newcastle’s ground, how many would we take?

By the way, it’s 28 miles 🙄

Bothered though - don’t live up north...
  • Options
    Fair do’s !
  • Options

but 85k for that lump of shit checkatrade trumps anything that we will bring on Sunday for a League One Play Off Final and it wasn't from two teams who are 20 miles away .

It doesn't trump anything, we sold what we were given, plus approx 2k in the sandwich seats, what more do you want? 

Those numbers are brilliant, not just 'for us'.
    There was a small amount taken off sale yesterday from the extra we were given
  • Options
    edited May 2019

It doesn't trump anything, we sold what we were given, plus approx 2k in the sandwich seats, what more do you want? 

Those numbers are brilliant, not just 'for us'.
    There was a small amount taken off sale yesterday from the extra we were given
    Because of the fk up, Sunderland are still selling theres today. Sunderland even had the common sense to sell in person via there ticket office. 

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-afc-news/charlton-reveal-their-final-wembley-ticket-sales-total-as-sunderland-give-important-update-to-supporters-1-9787920