Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ticket sales (38,227 Addicks Going to Wembley)

Comments

• At the start is was Sunderland have got X amount and we have got X amount where are the other 15000 tickets going. Well these are some of those. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    At the start is was Sunderland have got X amount and we have got X amount where are the other 15000 tickets going. Well these are some of those. 
    And a chunk of the rest were bought by Charlton fans as hospitality packages directly from Wembley. It just remains to see how many of the others will have been taken by Charlton fans receiving corporate entertainment from firms, particularly City based ones, that have Club Wembley tickets. That middle tier may not be a sea of red football shirts but could be one of red or white polo shirts on Sunday and contributing to the noise for the the team in red 
  • edited May 2019
    DOUCHER said:
    Yep - got an email from our marketing dept yesterday forwarding on opportunity to buy club Wembley tickets for the game - about £50 each - more likely that these will be scooped up by charlton fans than Sunderland - every bit of extra help to get us over the line and promoted is all good - bought a red top yesterday - realised the last red charlton kit I bought was 92 back to the valley - don’t fit now!!! Perfect prep tomorrow though - vets match at valley - just hope there’s some pitch left after last friday COYR!!!!!!
    Sunderland fans can’t buy those seats because they will be segregated.
    Incidentally, they are seats only and not for the hospitality package.
    And why would they buy them anyway.....they haven’t sold out their own allocation?
  • Still 400+ seats available in the club Wembley sections.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Yep - got an email from our marketing dept yesterday forwarding on opportunity to buy club Wembley tickets for the game - about £50 each - more likely that these will be scooped up by charlton fans than Sunderland - every bit of extra help to get us over the line and promoted is all good - bought a red top yesterday - realised the last red charlton kit I bought was 92 back to the valley - don’t fit now!!! Perfect prep tomorrow though - vets match at valley - just hope there’s some pitch left after last friday COYR!!!!!!
    Sunderland fans can’t buy those seats because they will be segregated.
    Incidentally, they are seats only and not for the hospitality package.
    And why would they buy them anyway.....they haven’t sold out their own allocation?
    And if they had then there are club wembley seats at their end of the ground that no doubt would then go on sale to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Stig said:
    It merely confirms the potential there is in this club of ours!
    And yet, instead of having an owner entertaining a box of interested suitors, we have a nutter appearing on TalkShite telling the world how he's scared of his own shadow .
    Maybe the young, sane Duchatelet might have seen this as the unexpected but welcome and massive opportunity it could be. He must have been right a lot in his younger years. Sadly, he is crazy now and those years have long gone.

If he invited any one of us into his office, I think we could explain how he could still turn this round and potentially make himself a lot of money, and even change the perception fans have of him. Through good fortune, not good judgement, the door is ajar for that. He tries to portray us as making him our enemy, but the truth is, HE has made us his enemy.

It probably all comes down to him being unable to accept he was wrong. He would say, I have accepted I was wrong. But his acceptance only goes to show that really he hasn't as he blames others for not communicating the plan well enough, rather than the plan that we all knew wouldn't work, because we have a better understanding of football in this country.

He won't change. And the route he is taking won't mean he sells the club at the profit he still could make, if he actually grasped what is happening. 
  • I wonder what the total sales revenue will be for the game?

I know a previous poster explained that 50% of the money went to EFL and then 25% will each go to Charlton and Sunderland. And the total would include match ticket sales, corporate box sales and I think perimeter advertising. Does each club get a slice of TV money too?

Anyone care to educated-guess the total that each club would get?

• edited May 2019
    Gammon said:
    I work in a primary school and keep hearing que sera sera and the kids asking me to sing the songs along with them 
    Shame it’s not September at the start of the school year instead of end of May and near the end of it. That’s a great opportunity to get the kids totally engaged in whatever you say from now on.
  • If Roland was to sell it won't be until he pockets the season ticket money
  • just imagine we win on Sunday all these come back fans get the bug back. The Rat sells in the summer and we have new owners who back Bowyer sensibly. Just imagine the feel good factor it could really take hold and galvanise the whole club. 

As shop windows go this is a bloody big one, not just in terms of the players on the pitch and what sporting success this club could have with the right senior management.

We've sold close to 40,000 tickets for a Division Three match (and we're not a one-club town like Sunderland) - if that doesn't entice a few potential buyers then nothing will.

• I estimate our share of the revenue to be about 2 mill. 
    That will put a smile on Roly's face.....doubt a penny of it will go into the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon the crowd will be in excess of 80,000. Phenomenal achievement by Charlton fans, IMO
  • just imagine we win on Sunday all these come back fans get the bug back. The Rat sells in the summer and we have new owners who back Bowyer sensibly. Just imagine the feel good factor it could really take hold and galvanise the whole club. 

Rosie how many times do I have to tell you the Belgians going nowhere.

• One thing we can all take take away and remember from Duchatalet’s tenure is to...........NTAMWYT.

“NEVER TRUST A MAN WITH YELLOW TEETH”

Stop it, stop it, stop it. 
  • edited May 2019
    I estimate our share of the revenue to be about 2 mill. 
    That sounds too much, given the revenue split. There are also costs for the use of Wembley and staging the semi-finals (and quite possibly player bonuses to pay). I understand that when Millwall were promoted they made a lot less than that.
  • Selling 40k is a fantastic achievement